6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Gasp!!
Sep 1, 2004, 16:23
Re: Gasp!! Sep 1, 2004, 16:23
Sep 1, 2004, 16:23

I paid $75 for Logitech's wireless keyboard and MX700 mouse combo, and am quite happy with it.

You got a pretty good deal. I paid $70-80 for the MX 700 alone when it first came out. Before that, I had the original MS Intellimouse Explorer Optical which cost $70-ish.

If you don't want to spend $80 on just a mouse (or are perfectly happy with your MX700 as I imagine you are), it's no big deal. I give Logitech a year or less before they come out with a combo of the MX1000 and the new keyboard the article mentions.

Although the battery power gauge built right on to the mouse is a nice feature that can come in handy. But still, not worth $80!

To be fair, it also offers a 21(!) day period between recharges, is more accurate, and looks to be even more comfortable than the MX700. It also has more buttons and looks to be a better overall setup. I obviously haven't tried it yet, so I may be totally wrong about the button setup and comfort though.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 16:25.

Re: Spammers Use sender Authentication
Sep 1, 2004, 14:02
Re: Spammers Use sender Authentication Sep 1, 2004, 14:02
Sep 1, 2004, 14:02

I do not believe any of this will work, unless there is a system set up that makes Email senders responsible for their messages - something like the way a "cookie" works, in reverse.

There are dozens, if not hundreds, of ways to effectively and completely stop spam. And they'd work too. Except for one tiny problem.

They all require that we ditch our current email system (SMTP) and start anew with something completely different.

That's just not going to happen.

SPF and Sender ID are the first steps in a long list of things that need to happen to fix SMTP without breaking it entirely. They're baby steps to the end solution. Will that solution ever happen? Dunno. But it's either that or ditch email entirely, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Spammers Use sender Authentication
Sep 1, 2004, 12:57
Spammers Use sender Authentication Sep 1, 2004, 12:57
Sep 1, 2004, 12:57

I do not believe any of this will work, unless there is a system set up that makes Email senders responsible for their messages - something like the way a "cookie" works, in reverse. It shoud be set up so that, if the person (or spammer) will not accept am Email acknowledgement back, (before the Email is accepted by my conputer), then the Email would be rejected. This way, if a spammer sends out a million Emails, they would get a million messages back. Yes, the would plug up anyone who's PC is an unknowing "slave," but that is another form of responsiblity the needs adressing. If I were to "look away" when someone borrows my car, and the person uses my car, in a non-responsible way - am I not also at fault?
I would enjoy sein these spammers get a million or more like their own back at them, and the only way this will happen, is if they are responsible for what they send out.

...Steve

Gasp!!
Sep 1, 2004, 11:59
Gasp!! Sep 1, 2004, 11:59
Sep 1, 2004, 11:59

$80 for a mouse?! I paid $75 for Logitech's wireless keyboard and MX700 mouse combo, and am quite happy with it. I feel no urgent need to run optical mice (as opposed to "mouses" ;P) over ceramic tiles.

Although the battery power gauge built right on to the mouse is a nice feature that can come in handy. But still, not worth $80!

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive
You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

MX 1000
Sep 1, 2004, 10:27
MX 1000 Sep 1, 2004, 10:27

Four things:

1. BEST. MOUSE. EVAR!!!!111

2. MX 1000 popped up on Newegg.com some time ago.

3. As ever, Logitec makes the BEST mouses and the MX 1000 is another great product.

4. I lub my MX 510, but methinks I shall be purchasing the MX 1000. Laser? Check. Corldess? Check. Buttons 'R Us? Check. Proving MS su><orz? p\/\/n3d! LOLRORORLOR!

Noting the "official" page is finally up, too,
Ray Who still prefers "mice" over "mouses"

Edit: Tag fix.
-----
A locked copy of Half-Life 2 is now on your computer.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.
This comment was edited on Sep 1, 10:28.
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Edit: Deleted (Double post - N/T)
Edit: Deleted (Double post - N/T) Sep 1, 2004, 10:27

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 10:28.
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older