Saturday Q&As

• DOOM: The Movie
    The DOOM Movie Q&A on GameDaily (thanks Mike Martinez) talks with id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead about the long-in-discussion, but (so far) unrealized DOOM movie project: "The script is close to final and we're very happy with it. Universal is in the process of casting and pre-production now. With every passing day I become more and more confident that we will see DOOM at movie theaters before the end of next year."
  • Neverwinter Nights 2
    The Neverwinter Nights 2 Preview on Yahoo! Games Domain includes a Q&A with Obsidian's Feargus Urquhart: "There's this thing that I call the spirit of Neverwinter Nights. It's a great single-player product, it's a great multiplayer product, and it's a great toolset. Those are the things you have to keep. If you lose one of those, it throws the whole balance off. They all reinforce each other."
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
    The Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Q&A on Game Chronicles talks with Jay Wilson, lead designer on Relic's upcoming RTS: "The player takes control of a company of genetically modified super-humans known as Space Marines. Unlike most military operations Space Marines are not beholden to anyone but the head of their Chapter (the name for a Space Marine organization), and generally companies operate independently, fighting threats to humanity as they see fit. The player faces a planet overrun with an invading force: Orks, a brutally savage race that lives for war."
  • EVE Online
    There's an EVE Online Q&A on Gamergod talking with CCP about their outer-space MMORPG: "We already have the first version of damaging environments available, for example mining Mercoxit results in explosions due to their volatile nature. These are damage clouds that we will apply to other environments, for example we are considering Ice fields to damage ships. Creating localized system-wide disturbances on other levels are also possible and it's being considered for the future."
  • Shadowbane
    There's an in-house Q&A on the Shadowbane Website talking with Janus Anderson, the new Creative Director of Wolfpack, one of the most recent additions to the team behind this MMOG.
  • Guild Wars
    Fansite Friday #12 is on Guild Wars Stratics where the folks at ArenaNet answer a few more questions about their upcoming MMOG.
  • EuroRally Champion
    The EuroRally Champion Q&A on ninja grapefruit talks with Kevin Hassall, executive producer on Oxygen's upcoming rally racing game: "We wanted to create a lightning-fast rally game that is easy to pick up and play but also one that offers an ultra-realistic physics simulation with the maximum depth possible. One of the key goals we've delivered on is to offer all of the adrenaline and emotion of an arcade racer with the realism of a true sim."
  • Retro Gaming
    Another word with Eric Chahi on Idle Thumbs talks with the programmer of oldies but goodies like Another World and Future Wars, who reveals the possibility of a GBA version of the former.
View : : :
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Im afraid it will suck
Aug 29, 2004, 05:37
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 29, 2004, 05:37
Aug 29, 2004, 05:37

Thats why I didnt forget it either.
It was more like a old Dawn/Day/Night of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead movie. Fun in its own way, intended or not.

________
I don't like arguing. Why can't we all just get along instead of fighting and arguing?
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Aug 29, 2004, 05:20
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 29, 2004, 05:20
Aug 29, 2004, 05:20

http://www.cinescape.com/0/Editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&obj_id=42380

Hoping X3 does not turn into a big mess,
Ray

-----
A locked copy of Half-Life 2 is now on your computer.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Aug 29, 2004, 02:08
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 29, 2004, 02:08
Aug 29, 2004, 02:08

I think Resident Evil was quite decent. At least I didnt forget it after 12h

I won't ever forget that movie EVER. It was probably one of the best unintentional comedies I've ever seen. This movie series doesn't know what it wants to be IMO. I mean C'MON! Leeloo Dallas Multipass doing a Matrix kick to the undead dog in midair? Thats not Resident Evil! Paper thin characters along with bad acting and many "WTF" moments plague this movie. Oh yea and the director of this turd was still honing his "skills" to one day direct Aliens Vs Predator, which guarantees that another Alien or Predator movie, will never see the light of day.

It's a damn shame that most directors with talent are smart enough to stay away from any movie based on a videogame. Hopefully one day someone will get it right.

Edit:
i have seen rundown, rock was in it.it is not that bad movie. imo rock's acting is better than arnold anyway

Eh he'll never replace good ole Arnie in my heart. Arnold is Arnold 24/7, no bullshit, no act; even in his movies. It seems to me the Rock is still trying to figure out who he is as an actor, not to say that he won't one day achieve the status the Terminator once had.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 02:17.

Aug 28, 2004, 23:28
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 28, 2004, 23:28
Aug 28, 2004, 23:28

i have seen rundown, rock was in it.it is not that bad movie. imo rock's acting is better than arnold anyway

on second note dawn of war looks great!

Aug 28, 2004, 21:53
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 28, 2004, 21:53
Aug 28, 2004, 21:53

I think Resident Evil was quite decent. At least I didnt forget it after 12h.

________
I don't like arguing. Why can't we all just get along instead of fighting and arguing?
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Aug 28, 2004, 16:45
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 28, 2004, 16:45
Aug 28, 2004, 16:45

Speaking of Singer and non-X3 make-age , I wonder if Singer will manage to pull off the coup and being Stewart to Superman

i assume you mean as luther? i don't know that that's a very good choice. luther as a villian has a bit of comedy too him. he's a bad guy sure, but unlike someone like magneto he isn't so serious.

dave snider
co-founder | guzzlefish.com
my dvd, cd, and game collections
http://www.guzzlefish.com/?user=dave
dave snider
comicvine.com

No subject
Aug 28, 2004, 14:28
No subject Aug 28, 2004, 14:28
Aug 28, 2004, 14:28

"Learn to spell"
Haha, yeah if I can wake up first

"As it is you force us to view you as an ignorant child throwing a tantrum for no apparent reason."

Haha, thats funny too, the relevance of spelling having a rato impact on facts

"Nobody's forcing you to see the movie"

Heh, im not to worried about that as someone couldnt pay to see.
Id said they were going to hire a writer to do Doom 3(game) and they would have a real story, since they had not before.
Now you see it, all that had work to get that amazing story in the game, lol.

"Well, I think D3 is great"

Well I remember I hoped it would be and actually if I were not so jaded at the level of quality Id has been releasing, I would hope the movie would be great too, but im beyond that now.
I hope your right and im wrong cause there is always room for a great game or movie

‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Aug 28, 2004, 14:16
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 28, 2004, 14:16
Aug 28, 2004, 14:16

Speaking of Singer and non-X3 make-age ;), I wonder if Singer will manage to pull off the coup and being Stewart to Superman.

A nUrd,
Ray

-----
A locked copy of Half-Life 2 is now on your computer.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Aug 28, 2004, 12:28
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 28, 2004, 12:28
Aug 28, 2004, 12:28

I fear the Rock as marine will truly make this movie some average simple action movie that is forgotten 12h after youve seen it.

I think no matter WHO they cast as the Marine, the movie will be something that you will have forgotten after 12 hours. When was the last time a movie about a game actually turned out well?

The only way I could see it being a decent movie is if Bryan Singer's doing it, but he's doing the new Superman movie (which also means he's NOT doing Xmen 3 )

Creston

Aug 28, 2004, 12:14
Re: Im afraid it will suck Aug 28, 2004, 12:14
Aug 28, 2004, 12:14

Well, I think D3 is great. The 'feel' is awesome. The sound kicks ass. The graphics are top of the line. I started the game on Vet, am almost finished, and have been scared plenty of times. Game satisfaction received, which saying a lot more than most of the other games I have bought.

X Ways to kill an imp? Well sheesh. It's a shooter. For shooter standards, D3 is the top notch. Shooter's basic premise is to be repeatedly attacked, and you shoot back. Any game with more character involvement starts to fall into the RPG category, like Deus Ex. Doom 3 had lots of gadgets like cameras, cranes, etc.

Im afraid it will suck
Aug 28, 2004, 10:42
Im afraid it will suck Aug 28, 2004, 10:42
Aug 28, 2004, 10:42

I fear the Rock as marine will truly make this movie some average simple action movie that is forgotten 12h after youve seen it. Hes a good poser and his acting abilities may be enough for wrestling, but as a movie actor...? come on... you will find better actors in every cafe in Hollywood...

I hoped this movie would have some deeper story which actually lets us see more behind the scenes of Doom (unlike the games) and some creepy athmosphere like the Alien films or Doom3 itself, but if the crew choses the Rock I bet we will only see many explosions, a lot of dead bodies (demons), unrealistic and mindless stunts and stuff with every scene, his muscular arms and his face looking into the camera too long again.
But oh well its not done yet, so one can still hope.

________

Re: No subject
Aug 28, 2004, 10:02
Re: No subject Aug 28, 2004, 10:02
Aug 28, 2004, 10:02

While I look forward to seeing DOOM on the big screen, I think predicting that it will be in theatres by the end of next year, is a bit overly optimistic, particularly if they are still in pre-production.

Aug 28, 2004, 09:49
Re: No subject Aug 28, 2004, 09:49
Aug 28, 2004, 09:49

Nobody's forcing you to see the movie, nor to play the game. We've all played DIII, we are all quite capable of deciding whether we think it has nada of value, is boring etc., or whether we enjoyed it.
We'll also be capable of deciding whether or not to see the movie when it hits the theatres. Given how little we know about the movie, we're hardly in a position to make an informed decision, just useless immature assumptions like yours based on how much we liked the game.

Aug 28, 2004, 09:45
Re: No subject Aug 28, 2004, 09:45
Aug 28, 2004, 09:45

Learn to spell "sarcastic","horrible", "brutal", "repetitive", "standards", etc... and you might just get taken for a reasonable human being with a strong opinion.
As it is you force us to view you as an ignorant child throwing a tantrum for no apparent reason.

No subject
Aug 28, 2004, 09:25
No subject Aug 28, 2004, 09:25
Aug 28, 2004, 09:25

Spoken like a true moronic little kid with the brain span of a fucking doorknob. Your opinion means nothing to anyone.

Aside from tardboy's comment there, DOOM rocks, the movie will rock, the rock (dwayne johnson) will be filling the role as the marine as well I heard.

If you can be rocked be Doom its quite obvious who the true moronic little kid with the brain span of a fucking doorknob tardboy.
the rock (dwayne johnson) will be filling the role as the marine as well I heard.
Just amazing what does that give you a hardon gayboi?
Or is the rock's great acting?

"idiotic statement only proves you've been living under a rock for the past ten years"

Or possibly it means you have really low starndards.
In my scarcasim I listed about 5 horrorable things in the game, yet you listed nothing, nadda of value.
The game was boring, repeitive, speaking of idiotic how about that story?

Edited
Oh wait, I thought trolls only lived under bridges.

Certianly my comments could be taken as trollish or they could just be brutial, scarcasitic and honest.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 09:30.

Aug 28, 2004, 08:55
JM
Re: No subject Aug 28, 2004, 08:55
Aug 28, 2004, 08:55
JM

a movie based on one of the worst games ever

One of the worst games ever, huh? You may personally not like the game but to make such an idiotic statement only proves you've been living under a rock for the past ten years. Oh wait, I thought trolls only lived under bridges.

Aug 28, 2004, 05:58
Re: No subject Aug 28, 2004, 05:58
Aug 28, 2004, 05:58

the rock (dwayne johnson) will be filling the role as the marine as well I heard.
I heard he was playing the Sarge character

Aug 28, 2004, 05:20
Re: No subject Aug 28, 2004, 05:20
Aug 28, 2004, 05:20

Spoken like a true moronic little kid with the brain span of a fucking doorknob. Your opinion means nothing to anyone.

Aside from tardboy's comment there, DOOM rocks, the movie will rock, the rock (dwayne johnson) will be filling the role as the marine as well I heard.

No subject
Aug 28, 2004, 05:10
No subject Aug 28, 2004, 05:10
Aug 28, 2004, 05:10

WOW OBOY, a movie based on one of the worst games ever.
A game where the Hero has ZERO lines of dialogue, ZERO emotions should do just great in theaters.
Or how about 500 hundred ways to make an Imp come out of a wall and 500 ways to kill an Imp.
NO wait I got it how about all the email logs voiced by one actor seated in a tin can.
Wait stop the presses a movie where Demons need ships to travel, YEAH thats the ticket.
A movie where Demons constantly hit you even with a chainsaw in thier face.

I can hardly wait :-rollseyes-:

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older