Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider 7 Enlists the Old Gard

Toby Gard taps Tomb Raider 7 is the official confirmation of rumors (story) that one of the original Tomb Raider creators is returning to steer the next adventure of the buxom gun-toting archeologist. Gard left Core Design to form Confounding Factor, whose debut title, Galleon, just shipped, and word is he will now take on the role of senior designer at Eidos-owned Crystal Dynamics. According to an Eidos statement, at C.D. he "will complement the existing talented team creating the next Tomb Raider title. As the creator of the Lara Croft character, he brings a unique perspective to the development process."

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2004, 10:45 cia

havok physics engine attached to lara's breats would do wonders for gameplay

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2004, 02:33 Celestial Toad

they need to perfect the boob rendering engine and ass shader technology

LMAO.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein

18. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2004, 01:56 rocketpcguy

the camera should have 1st person mode, 3rd person mode, and BoobCam (R) view. as each level in egypt gets sunnier and hotter, she takes of one piece of clothing. then at the end, she meets the jeep driver of the dreams and you somehow maneuver her in bed in the 3rd person view.

17. No subject Aug 8, 2004, 00:47 space captain

they need to perfect the boob rendering engine and ass shader technology

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

16. .. Aug 7, 2004, 22:43 trgThrash

woah..Tomb Raider 7?! I think the last one I played was the original...back in the day.

15. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2004, 19:52 Tango

I lost interest with Tomb Raider 3.
Yeah the first 2 were cool... Just imagine, there will be someone somewhere who owns all 7.

14. Oh bother... Aug 7, 2004, 18:17 Zombi Z

Jerry Christ, can't Eidos take a hint? I mean how soon after Hitman: Contracts hit the shelves did they register hitmanbloodmoney.com and how quickly after Deus Ex went gold (just before actually) did they announced an action-oriented Deus Ex (turned into 'Snowblind')? Eidos gives publishers (Well maybe they do this enough on their own) a very very bad name for being the gutless cash-cow-stroking weasels we believe all publishers to be.

Eidos needs to take their cute little phallus logo, stick it in their collective asses, and complete themselves by eating a dong. Bollocks I'm going for a walk...

13. No subject Aug 7, 2004, 18:14 Acleacius

This is worst than having Spector, thou that was bad enough. Why hire someone who is going to do nothing to make this game better?
How is it that, Eidos given a choice will always make the wrong one, it boggles the mind.

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

12. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2004, 17:55 Celestial Toad

Tomb Raider 7 ???? *cough*

I lost interest with Tomb Raider 3. It was cool for a while, but jeeze talk about running something into the ground.

CT

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

11. No subject Aug 7, 2004, 17:51 Tanto Edge

[insert malignant chuckle here]

this... should be neat...
love that line: as creator of the character, he brings a unique perspective...etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

10. Tomb Raider 7 Aug 7, 2004, 17:28 Vinquus

So the solution to reviving a franchise nearly killed off by pushing an unready product out the door, is to bring in a guy who took SEVEN YEARS to make a game. Seven years... SEVEN YEARS!

er... so on the plus side, seven must be his lucky number!

Good luck to him, dubious though.

9. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2004, 17:06 Dogmatix

Judging from Galleon's 7 year dev time with him at the helm, I'm guessing Tomb Raider 7 won't be out until 2011. That would be for what - Playstation 4?

8. ... Aug 7, 2004, 16:56 zincthallinide

As long as they make her boobs bigger than they've ever been, I'll buy it and masturbate.. I mean play.. for hours.

7. Well... Aug 7, 2004, 16:27 Ray Marden

...Galleon was an interesting trainwreck to watch, but I hope that one of the original creators can get this series back on track.

Looking back at the last game, I do not think it might have been that bad, but I would not know for surer - the engine killed it from the very start. Besides having an incredibly poor framerate, the controls were completely out of whack and it was an outright struggle to play as far as I did.

Still, it did try to have a new setting, take on a more adventure type of role, introduce a living world, and introduce new gameplay dynamics.

I just could not play the damn thing, though.

This time, I hope their either remake the last game in a playable form or really get back to the original core exploration and adventuring game through massive, beautiful locations. Lara should be about more than just shooting enemies, especially the human variety. Oh yeah, stop taking away my gamn items halfway through the games as well - that is very annoying.

Wondering if the old game is playable yet - willing to pick it up for $10,
Ray

-----
In the game of the year polls please remember Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

6. Idiot game developers Aug 7, 2004, 16:12 Creston

It's one of my pet peeves how game developers will split off from big studios to form small studios because they had no creative freedom, then after one game will join the same big studio, then bitch at their lack of creative freedom again.

Toby Gard goes one step dumber, he founds his own studio, releases a game, then leaves his own studio to GO BACK TO the big publisher he originally left.

Nice going Toby, it's good to see you've managed to move on with your life. Have fun creating yet another shitty Lara Croft sequel.

Creston

5. Give it up! Aug 7, 2004, 16:03 MuzixMon

Why don't they just end that shitty ass franchise? Game after game of total blandness gets sickening after awhile. The movies were just as bad. It seems like the only improvement from game to game is how much better they could make Laura look, time to retire Laura noone wants you anymore!

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

4. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2004, 15:57 Eps

Never liked any of them....

3. No subject Aug 7, 2004, 15:33 saturnine

Not another one...

2. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2004, 15:15 Tony!!!

My brother got Angel of Darkness with a sound card. I borrowed it, thinking I'd give it a go. What a piece of crap!!!!! I can't make myself play the damn thing.

-Tony!!!;)
Discover the #1 Health Secret in the World, Mangosteen!!!
http://www.Tony.Showmewhy.com

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

1. No subject Aug 7, 2004, 15:05 nin

Perhaps he can stop them from kicking it out the door before it's ready this time...

I will think peaceful, happy thoughts about my new video card, in hopes that it will work.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo