Hahah people unwilling to upgrade from Win98 crack me up.
Reasons to upgrade:
- WinXP/2k are both 10x more stable than Win98 or WinME (dont remember the last time I had a blue screen of death, a year maybe?).
- WinXP/2k have much better hardware support, meaning most companies have stopped or will soon stop developing new drivers for 98/ME.
- WinXP/2k can properly utilize 512+mb of ram. You can have 1gig of ram in Win98 sure, but its not going to use it.
- WinXP/2k both have far superior Admin functions.
- Anything you want to complain about "Microsoft taking more control over your PC", can be disabled in the Administrative Tools if you take 10min and learn how, so it is not an excuse.
- WinXP has better desktop GUI customization options.
- WinXP/2k has a more superior Networking system and options. Just takes a little learning to set it up so you aren't leaving yourself open for attack.
This is just a sample. If you really wanted to dig up specifics there are plenty of news resources that you can go find this out for yourselves...but being the way some of you are its obvious that you are going to defend an old OS for no reason. If you still play old games/EMU's that require DOS, then have a dual boot...but most of us have moved into the future.