Uru: Path of the Shell Released

Myst Worlds is now offering online distribution of the Path of the Shell add-on for Uru: Ages Beyond Myst. Word is: "The second expansion pack to Uru can be purchased online (right now!) by following these instructions: Download the game (ftp://uruxp2-downloadus.ubi.com/mysturutpotstm.exe - Install and Launch the game. Purchase the game: You will see a screen that says you need to purchase the game. Click on 'Buy Full Version'. European customers will need to go here." Thanks Frans.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: More than one kind of adventure
Jul 8, 2004, 10:49
Re: More than one kind of adventure Jul 8, 2004, 10:49
Jul 8, 2004, 10:49

well, since text adventure are basically graphic adventures without graphics, my use of "original" is still correct. Both "genres" cannot be compared to exploration type adventures like Myst or Amerzone.

More than one kind of adventure
Jul 8, 2004, 10:31
More than one kind of adventure Jul 8, 2004, 10:31
Jul 8, 2004, 10:31

funny that you should mention "original" in your post about adventures. The worlds first computer adventure game, entitled "Adventure" or "Original Adventure" came out decades ago and was text-based adventuring.

Uru is an exploration game, solving puzzles as you go. Running and jumping puzzles are in the mix as well -- none of that slide-show stuff.

I think that I'll pick this game back up. I was a beta tester when the game was still a multiplayer online game. 'tis a shame that they had to cancel that portion -- was great getting to interact with other 'explorers' in the lost worlds of the D'Ni.

Re: adventure right?
Jul 8, 2004, 09:57
Re: adventure right? Jul 8, 2004, 09:57
Jul 8, 2004, 09:57

adventure? in the original meaning of that word (read, Monkey Island, Broken Sword or Longest Jounrey) no, not at all. It even is not your ordinary Myst game.

Uru is a slight departure from the original Myst when considering the puzzles. You still have to wander around, collect all the different hints you encounterand and then solve several mysteries in the different Uru ages. Sometimes is even more jump n' run then solving mysteries.

But this has nothing to do with adventure games like the "longest journey" you played. Myst worlds are empty spaces, no humans to interact and no animals to encounter.

Don't buy this if you expect a longest journey. Both games have nothing in common. Rather look for Syberia 1 and 2, Broken Mirror, Broken Sword 3 to name just a few recent real adventure titles.

adventure right?
Jul 8, 2004, 03:21
adventure right? Jul 8, 2004, 03:21
Jul 8, 2004, 03:21

serious question

how is uru game?i am thinking of getting it but i usually dont play adventure game.last one i played would be longest journey and i finished it and loved it.so any opinion on this one?

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older