1. So, the PR speak is just saying something is wrong? <yawn>
2. Look, Hitman
has never been a revolutionary title, but it has often been fun or amusing. Hitman 2
definitely took some long, forward strides whereas Hitman: Contracts literally
was more of the same. Yeah, yeah, some things got polished in the old levels, but it was easily the least improved/amazing of all the three games.
3. Do not necessarily blame the market outright; a lot of crap has been pushed out by many a developer and the Eidos name certainly has some controversy around it...
4. You know, I am incredibly sick of this "They all buy games in winter!" thing. When was this last accurately tested? I mean, the market has so heavily favored the Christmas season for so long, I wonder how any of the current data could be relevant. Personally, I do not have a damn
thing to play these days. I picked up Arcanum
- an old, outdated RPG - to play for a bit and even that will be over soon (ahhh...the joys of a god-like level 38 melee fighter.)
Looking at release dates, looking at all four platforms (PC, Xbox, GC, PS2,) there is one game each that I am interested in for the months of July and August respectively. Now, looking at October through December, again counting all platforms, there are seventeen(!!!)
games that I am interested in.
Yeah, over half of those will be delayed outright :o, but it shows the major imbalance of the developers/publishers. It is not that I only buy games at that time - that is when all the damn AAA games are scheduled. Take any two of those games and release them now; I would immediately go out and purchase them. Meanwhile, come holiday time, even I
will only be able to purchase so many of those games. For...well, at least one or two :o...of those games, I either will not purchase them at all or only at an incredibly cheap ($20?) price point - forcing down the market price for the titles and/or taking away from potential income.
5. The delay will not help the game all, unless it has more to do with internal company issues or it has obvious design/technical issues. In which case, the entire press release is utter crap.
Feeling like saying TankYouHaveAGoodDayWouldYouLikeFriesWithThat? now,
"You're worried about morals? Beat them senseless and steal their clothing, dammit! Steal! Steal!!"http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMardenhttp://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=ANF&id=ray_mardenI love you, mom.
Everything is awesome!!!http://www.kindafunny.com/I love you, mom.