On DNF

The Duke Nukem Forever Release Update on TotalVideoGames (thanks Mike Martinez) is another of those occasional pot-stirring stories about the long-time in-development shooter, based on a quote that was attempting to do just the opposite. The story reproduces a quote from 3D Realms' George Broussard explaining why they are staying low-key at this time, as he reveals that they are still not that close to completion:
“IMO, it's more abusive to the community to continue to talk about and show the game when it's not real close to release. What's the point of leading people on? The best thing we can, and should do, is to shut up, finish the game and start showing it and talking about it when it's near enough release that people can actually see light at the end of the tunnel.”
View : : :
125 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 7.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ] Older

No subject
Jun 7, 2004, 11:27
No subject Jun 7, 2004, 11:27

Maybe 3D Realms is traveling backwards in time? I remember several years ago seeing several screenshots and such of a game almost done. Now they are saying they are not even close...

It's a coverup.
It's a coverup. Jun 7, 2004, 11:27

I think he's hiding the fact that a major info spill on DNF will be coming out next month. Why do I say this you ask?

A: PC Gamer stated that next month they "want to tell you all about the earth-shaking exclusive we've got lined up for next issue. On the other hand, it's such a massive secret, it makes the Manhattan Project look like a gardening club."
- Major earth shattering secret? Sounds like a marketting ploy to me, but it still must be pretty big... hmm... what could be big besides Doom3/HL2 that hasn't already been mentioned... well, they do mention the Manhattan Project. That's quite the hint as the last Duke Nukem game was called the Manhattan Project. My bet: DNF

B: Every thread created talking about the same topic I'm typing about (Next month's PCGAMER) is being deleted by 3DRealms officials at their main message board. Odd? Indeed...

Stupid cover ups. It'll be out no later than the end of summer of 2005. My bet anywyas.

Tunnel?
Jun 7, 2004, 11:24
Bronco

Tunnel? Jun 7, 2004, 11:24
Jun 7, 2004, 11:24
 Bronco

when it's near enough release that people can actually see light at the end of the tunnel.”

More like a shaft. How many years is this now?

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

The way the music died:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/music/view/
-TPFKAS2S

Re: years of wisdom
Jun 7, 2004, 11:23
nin

Re: years of wisdom Jun 7, 2004, 11:23
Jun 7, 2004, 11:23
 nin

“IMO, it's more abusive to the community to continue to talk..."

And we all know George has been abusive enough.

C'mon December 2005!

(not.)

People look so snooty, Take pills make them moody, Automatic bzooty, Zero to tutti fruitti, Sex in the halls, Niagra Falls, Local shopping malls receive Anonymous calls

years of wisdom
Jun 7, 2004, 11:22
years of wisdom Jun 7, 2004, 11:22
Jun 7, 2004, 11:22

wow, looks like Big Mouth Broussard finally learned from experience.. about f'n time.

- Dr.Del
- DrDel
125 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 7.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ] Older