Out of the Blue

Happy anniversary to us! Today is MrsBlue's and my wedding anniversary, we were married eight years ago today! We'll probably low-key the celebration this evening and go out to dinner over the weekend, but who knows with wacky irrepressible newlyweds like us.

Link of the Day: The Birth of Boomboxes 1976-1981
Stories of the Day: IRS sues cafeteria worker over princess' millions.
Take Two Aspirins, E-Mail Me Tomorrow (registration required).
Expedition to search for Noah's Ark. Thanks Halsy.
Science!: Spiders Make Best Ever Post-it Notes.
A good stiff breeze for industry. Thanks Jim Hendrickson.
The Biggest Jolt to Power Since Franklin Flew His Kite (registration required).
Images of the Day: PS2 PC Modification.
Cow Fashion. Thanks Ant.
Media of the Day: Kill Chrille.
Follow-ups: At NASA, Science Sharply Shifts Course (registration required).
The big fat con story. Thanks Brian Woods.
Thanks Mike Martinez
View : : :
70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Zathrus poor broken pu'ter
Apr 28, 2004, 17:37
Enahs

Re: Zathrus poor broken pu'ter Apr 28, 2004, 17:37
Apr 28, 2004, 17:37
 Enahs

Had a company meeting/lunch today otherwise I might've done it during lunch.

Quit your jibba jabbering and excuses…go on…admit you spilt a bowl of cheerios (with the milk) in the damn case, with it turned on…

_____
Enahs If you can read this - congratulations - You have won!!! Just e-mail with your CC# to claim your prize!
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Apr 28, 2004, 13:19
Re: Zathrus poor broken pu'ter Apr 28, 2004, 13:19
Apr 28, 2004, 13:19

You said you where having trouble installing Windows

Nooo... I said it was hanging upon trying to boot the CD and that a BIOS flash was recommended.

Hey, the entire thing is available right here: http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=318353 -- it's not my fault that you didn't go and read it. And don't give me any of this "but you didn't post it until just now" stuff. You should've just known!

As for flashing the BIOS -- this is the first time I've ever had a problem from doing so. The current recommendation is to reset the CMOS, which may fix things. Had a company meeting/lunch today otherwise I might've done it during lunch.

Re: Xbox owners
Apr 28, 2004, 11:17
Re: Xbox owners Apr 28, 2004, 11:17
Apr 28, 2004, 11:17

Creston, I would have sent this in an email, but you have it sealed by request

That was one of the top 5 longest posts I've read in my 7 years of being online Thankfully it was a good post at that. I enjoyed sitting here on the sidelines, and wanted to let you know your post was a refreshing read.

~Brian

Apr 28, 2004, 11:12
Re: Xbox owners Apr 28, 2004, 11:12
Apr 28, 2004, 11:12

"Being dogmatic about science (which I know I'm guilty of at times) can be just as bad as being dogmatic about anything else."
Well put.

Blindly believing anything is totally stupid, blindly believing something gleaned from a story book... that's a whole new level of stupid which transgresses mumbo-jumbo, and sends us reeling into the realm of mumbo-pocus.

Creation, by God, as you believe Creston, is something you learned from a story-book. If I took the Simarillion, for example, which details creation of Earth as well, as fact, and began teaching children this is the way of things, not to be disputed and icluded chapters and chapters of sodomy, rape, murder, incest-rape, incest etc. I'd be arrested and institutionalized. But WAIT! WHAT IF A FEW MILLION PEOPLE BELIEVE THE SAME THING? DOES THAT MAKE IT TRUE? According to creationists, yes. There is just as much evidence to support the truthfullness of the Simarillion on this Earth as there is to support the Bible's version of things. As is there evidence to support the Quran.

So why believe the Quran, or the Bible over the Simarillion? Well, for starters, the Simarillion details a few events which would be "impossible" - such as the existence of elves, orcs, and Sauron, the mythology eventually gets into rings imbued with non-earthly powers... Clearly (to me) it is fantasy. In the bible, events like: Moses parting the Sea, Virginal Births, Talking snakes, 40 days of rain flooding the entire landmass of the planet, Ships 250 feet long capable of supporting about 160 million animals... today, scientists, scholars, and anyone with a pea sized brain would be able to distinguish the majority of the bible as Fantasy - just as they can distinguish all of Tolkeins Middle-Earth tales as fantasy.

The reason teaching both science and religion is school is fucking retarded in the first place, is that children believe bullshit like that mentioned above. Creston, you've been roped into believing, steadfastly at that, a god damn storybook, and a storybook which is poorly written at that, and I imagine your roping in began when you were very young. If you'd like to see a good example of why teaching religion is school is slightly detrimental to forward progress of society, go to Iran, or go to Saudi Arabia. Look at the intelligence of the average person - mention the name "Salman Rushdie" and people in these countries will froth at the mouth - and they don't know why! 20 years of religious schooling has created entire societies with no more functional intelligence than a gullible four year old believing stories about Orcs, Elves, Sauron, and the creation of middle earth. Total Fucking Paradise. Is this what you want in America? or Canada? We're half way there, and confusing children about the validity of science at a young age by bombarding them with a story a (though most of it is demonstrably false) which details rape, incest, sodomy, and murder, then telling them the science they are learning may not be true, as this book says contrary will ensure we will be living in a paradise like Iran in 20 years.

The companies will be very pleased.
STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE, GET OUT OF THAT BED AND GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR, GET OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE: GET DOWN ON THE CEMENT, I DONT CARE IF YOU'RE NUDE, GET DOWN ON THE CEMENT, I DON'T CARE IF ITS FREEZING! WHERES THE DRUGS, WE KNOW YOU GOT THE DRU

Apr 28, 2004, 10:39
Re: Zathrus poor broken pu'ter Apr 28, 2004, 10:39
Apr 28, 2004, 10:39

The machine is now claiming a memory error at boot -- doesn't even get to POST, locks and beeps continuously upon powering up (even the power switch is disabled).

Did you try the memory in a different slot? My Asus motherboard is particular on what slot to start with when using different types of memory.

Or you buggered the BIOS. I've never flashed a BIOS - the warnings were too dire.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com
-TPFKAS2S

Apr 28, 2004, 10:31
Enahs

Re: Zathrus poor broken pu'ter Apr 28, 2004, 10:31
Apr 28, 2004, 10:31
 Enahs

So, would you like my people to contact yours, or yours to contact mine on where to send the money?

Bah! You said you where having trouble installing Windows, not trouble with the hole damn system….bah! You do not get the $25 because you failed to provide full information on what I was fixing for you!……yeah…..that’s it!

_____
Enahs If you can read this - congratulations - You have won!!! Just e-mail with your CC# to claim your prize!
- W. C. Fields

Apr 28, 2004, 09:57
Re: Zathrus poor broken pu'ter Apr 28, 2004, 09:57
Apr 28, 2004, 09:57

I am posting it here, so he can fix his poor little broken computer!

I can feel the love!

You like me! You really, really like me!

Zathrus, this is your fix, I would bet $25 on it if I did not think you would go back in time to make me wrong

So, would you like my people to contact yours, or yours to contact mine on where to send the money?

BIOS Virus protection isn't enabled and the CD itself is clean. I haven't verifyed the DVD+/-RW yet, but that may be an eventual step.

I updated the BIOS yesterday when I got home. The machine is now claiming a memory error at boot -- doesn't even get to POST, locks and beeps continuously upon powering up (even the power switch is disabled). I know it's claiming a memory error only because of the diagnostic LED display from Chaintech. Hopefully I'll have some time to futz with it this evening and see if I can beat it into submission. If not the MB is going to be RMA'd.

Thanks for the suggestions though

Apr 28, 2004, 09:50
Re: Xbox owners Apr 28, 2004, 09:50
Apr 28, 2004, 09:50

What minority? There are an estimated 50 million+/- Xtians in the U.S.. That still leaves another 250 million who fall into "other"

Ok Halsy, if you're going to quote numbers, at least quote some that are vaguely correct.

From the CIA World Factbook (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/us.html#People):
US Religious makeup:
Protestant 56%, Roman Catholic 28%, Jewish 2%, other 4%, none 10% (1989)

From various sources (found via Google; yes, it's a religious site, but they give full references to source data):
http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html#religions

The Roman Catholic Church is still the largest single denomination in the US, with 50M parishoners alone.

As for the Big Bang -- lets be honest. We have no clue what happened yet in the first few moments of the universe. We have some theories, but they all have problems. The current dominant theory, String Theory, has itself been likened to philosophy rather than science because a large number of its assumptions and tenents are untestable and unprovable.

Yeah, I'm an atheist, but science can be a religion just as much as Catholicism or Buddhism. The Big Bang theories have some very solid evidence behind them, but there's still lots of unknowns and unexplained issues as well. Being dogmatic about science (which I know I'm guilty of at times) can be just as bad as being dogmatic about anything else.

Zathrus poor broken pu'ter
Apr 28, 2004, 08:45
Enahs

Zathrus poor broken pu'ter Apr 28, 2004, 08:45
Apr 28, 2004, 08:45
 Enahs

This is being posted here, because tomorrows news is going to fall off when Blue post today’s news (duh). I tried to submit this last night, but it would not work, so I did it this morning. But incase Zathrus does not check past today because it is not on the main page, I am posting it here, so he can fix his poor little broken computer! And if you are t’all confused about when the hell I am referring to, read my damn “post” date and time!

Zathrus, this is your fix, I would bet $25 on it if I did not think you would go back in time to make me wrong

Step #1.

Turn off virus protection in the bios (most likely culprit), and install. In case of failure go to step #2

Step #2 Verify the cd is not damaged in some way, either use another CD if you have one or try and get into the repair menu (but do not do anything though!) on another working computer. In case of failure go to step #3.

Step #3 Verify the cd-rom is working correctly and or replace. If case of failure go to step #4.

Step #4 You did not do step #1 correctly, as that is going to be your problem, go back to step #1.

_____
This comment was edited on Apr 28, 08:46.
- W. C. Fields

Re: NASA Space Science
Apr 28, 2004, 08:18
Jim
Re: NASA Space Science Apr 28, 2004, 08:18
Apr 28, 2004, 08:18
Jim

Yes, but the "accelerated" schedule leaves us without any space based scope for 4+ years, and presumes that the JWST will deploy successfully at L2. If it doesn't there's absolutely no way to service and repair it. We've already spent several million dollars on new equipment for the Hubble, so that's an additional waste.

Also don't forget that HST was launched many years behind schedule due to Challenger and other factors. You can't rely on a launch schedule to be set in stone, so the longer we can keep the current one running, the better.

Jim

Apr 28, 2004, 06:59
Re: Xbox owners Apr 28, 2004, 06:59
Apr 28, 2004, 06:59

Before the monotheists it was the polytheists, before them it was the animists and totemists, people have believed their religious jive was the right religious jive ever since the first guy who fell to his knees out of superstitious fear decided everyone else should as well. There's never been a god or gods, and never will be. There's no need for them. Even if there was, why would they go to the trouble of creating an infinite universe only to populate it so sparsely? Add to which, why would they create religious zealots to ruin it all? If it's all some grand design or plan than they/he/she/it are sick bastards.

Simply because we haven't ironed out all the finer points relating to the big bang doesn't mean it's false. The majority of what we understand is true, we're only missing a few pieces of the puzzle. It will actually be proved and resolved, unlike a deity, because you can't prove a negative. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is understanding the begining of the universe. You're probably going to claim that the theory of evolution is just a "theory" as well.

That website you linked is pathetic! You can't tell me that you actually believe that garbage. It's long wild rationalizations, fearmongering, wishful thinking, and short on facts. The guy is just parroting creationist junk "science" (the old creationist nonsense about trying to use the the second law of thermodynamics prove the existence of god is always good for a laugh) We won't even get into the fact that A) he presupposes god actually exists without evidence b) that Christianity is somehow not only valid, but the "correct" religion as well. Pathetic.

One fact is simple. If you do not believe in (a) God, you are in the minority on this planet. This is simple numbers.

Yes, and the vast majority of those people are uneducated, superstitious wretches. So what does that really say about people who blindly suscribe to a religion? Then there's the "who's right" issue that's managed to keep war and poverty humming along so nicely from time immemorial.

Why should, in a Democracy, the minority dictate what is to be done, and what can be taught and what not

What minority? There are an estimated 50 million+/- Xtians in the U.S.. That still leaves another 250 million who fall into "other". Even if most of those people did believe in a god, they don't blindly believe it and they recognize the difference between scientific fact and religious wishful thinking, which is precisely why nonsense like creationism isn't taught in schools.

Tell us where you live Creston and we'll pictch in to get one of those cult deprogrammers to come by and free your mind from the bondage of dogma. If nothing else, you prove that indoctrination works. Somewhere Pavlov is ringing a bell. Salivating yet?

Freedom From Religion Foundation
http://ffrf.org/index.php

You desperately need to join that organization. A mind is a terrible thing to waste on religion.

"I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure - that is all that agnosticism means."

- Clarence Darrow

The common dogma [of fundamentalists] is fear of modern knowledge, inability to cope with the fast change in a scientific-technological society, and the real breakdown in apparent moral order in recent years.... That is why hate is the major fuel, fear is the cement of the movement, and superstitious ignorance is the best defense against the dangerous new knowledge. ... When you bring up arguments that cast serious doubts on their cherished beliefs you are not simply making a rhetorical point, you are threatening their whole Universe and their immortality. That provokes anger and quite frequently violence. ... Unfortunately you cannot reason with them and you even risk violence in confronting them. Their numbers will decline only when society stabilizes, and adapts to modernity.

- Anon.

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.
- Thomas Jefferson

"It's like "Bang the Drum Slowly". Except the drum's a chick.
- Family Guy
"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

Apr 28, 2004, 02:05
Re: Xbox owners Apr 28, 2004, 02:05
Apr 28, 2004, 02:05

Oh come on, Creston! You aren't seriously trying to equate a biblical parable with hard science

You consider it "hard science" Halsy, I consider it a man's attempt to quantify something he can't understand. As you might have guessed, I believe in God, and therefore I happen to put more faith in the biblical parable than in the "hard" science.

Big Bang is accepted fact even if we don't have all the info.

No, it is an accepted THEORY that is heralded as "Law of the Universe", because so far nobody has come up with a better scientific theory yet. However, there are many things wrong with the Big Bang theory, that even contradict itself.
In fact, when I took science / physics (I can never remember which one is the correct translation) in high school in Europe, during the mid 80s, the teacher taught us the Big Bang -> expansion -> reduction -> Big Crunch -> Big Bang etc theory as "Truth". Not his fault, science at the time thought that was how it was happening / had happened.

However, ten years (?) later they discovered that really the universe was expanding too far and too rapidly for it ever to be able to crunch back together again. And so the Big Crunch theory went the way of so many scientific theories.
And yet, for who knows how many years, it was taught as Da Truth in schools, and kids were "indoctrinated" with it.

I have no problem with that, we learn all the time, I'm just saying that what you call "FACT" is in fact no more than another theory, and might be discarded ten, fifty, one hundred years from now.

My biggest problems with the Big Bang theory are that

A) Taking into account Laws of Physics we now know to be in existence, the Big Bang would have immediately collapsed into the Big Crunch, since the mass of the universe was too great to be able to escape that one point of origin.
So, in order to keep the Big Bang going, we say that the Laws of Physics only came into being a minutely small amount of time AFTER the actual explosion (Planck's constant? 1x10^-49 or so?). But without those Laws of Physics in place at the exact zero point, why would the universe have started expanding?

This is just from memory btw, I might be stating a few things wrong, I was never a devote student of astronomy / physics etc, and I really can't be bothered to go through reams of scientific stuff to figure it all our correctly.

B) The EXACT makeup of our universe. If certain ratios had been off by just one electron, our Universe would be a mass of nebulae, instead of having solid matter. (again, don't know the precise details, can't be bothered to look it up, it's not as if this argument will change anyone's opinion anyways).
The circumstances that allow life to actually EXIST on our planet, due to the unique magnetic field of our solar system that keeps the radiation from the Milky Way's core away from our planet, the almost unique location of that solar system in the Milky Way, the makeup of the Milky Way etc are so extremely rare that added up all together, they make for odds that are smaller than 1x10^-99.
The Big Bang -> Big Crunch theory explained how that MIGHT have happened, since the thing could have been going an infinite time, and eventually if it happens an infinite amount of times, it's bound to get it right at some point.

But when the Big Crunch theory was discarded, science needed to come up with something new, and Stephen Hawking, whom I'll readily admit is a billion times smarter than I am, then came up with the idea of a Multiverse that is "spewing out" an infinite amount of Universes, which in some / most scientific circles is tentatively adhered to as "Maybe Da Truth".

Btw, a nice fellow actually put a lot of those points together in this website. It's a nice read, even if you DON'T believe in (a) God.

http://www.godandscience.org/index.html

I find all the scientific "facts" more outlandish and harder to believe in than a higher power that simply created everything. *shrug*

You may not believe in gravity, but leap off a cliff and see if that belief keeps you from splattering on the ground below

That's an often heard argument from the scientific side to "prove" that science has value. I am **not** denying the value of science. Science does great and not so great things for our planet. Which way the scale falls is a different argument.
I'm also not denying the existence of Gravity. Funny enough, neither does the Bible.
I am merely denying the Big Bang. Showing to me Gravity exists has nothing to do with the validity of the Big Bang, and the surrounding theories such as the Multiverse idea, etc.

As a wiser man than I once said...
If you now argue that Big Bang theory is just a theory and that all theories are not proven fact, then you have just reduced all of science to some kind of silly passive process of recording events with no meaningful certainty in interpreting them.

Yeah I read the guy's website. He's that Swedish guy that worked for Nasa for a few dozen years and now teaches somewhere in Washington, right? Has a website in which he answers questions about astronomy? He's one of those hawks that INSIST that Creation theory has no place in schools?

I sent him a long email once in which I debated some of his points, but he never replied. Must've not had any answers

He's basically saying "Well, because we can prove SOME things, EVERYTHING that science theorizes must therefore be accepted as fact, or else you demean the value of everything scientific".
Which is not what I'm saying, and which is not what a lot of believers are saying. Just because you can prove to me gravity exists, and can theorize that in a model, doesn't mean that every other model you make automatically holds equal validity and should therefore be accepted as truth.
And despite his tantrum, I see no problem with believing some things from science, and disbelieving others. Albert Einstein has long held that NOTHING travels faster than the speed of light, and yet we now know of tachyons which apparently do so. But according to the saying you quoted, if I had assumed Albert Einstein to be wrong back when he first posed his theory, I would have invalidated all of science to some kind of silly passive process? Bullshit.

(Btw, from the first moment that I heard about it, way way back, I never believed that nothing could go faster than the speed of light. Too many sci fi novels as a child I guess. )

I have another saying for you.

Religion and Science are not at odds. Science is simply too young to understand.

Believe whatever you wish to, but believing a thing does not make it so

The same goes for the Big Bang Theory. *shrug*

Subjecting children to dogmatic indoctrination when they lack the necessary critical-reasoning skills and background knowledge to come to a decision themselves after weighing everything they've seen and heard is plain wrong.

Which is why schools should teach BOTH, which is what I'm an advocate of. In Europe, they only teach Big Bang. Over here in the US, it seems a majority (?) of school solely teach Creation?
I say teach both. Because REFUSING to teach Creation in favor of the Big Bang is just as wrong as the other way around. However, even offering such a solution sends those hawk scientists into fits. ONLY OUR WAY SHALL BE TAUGHT! The fact that they might be wrong apparently doesn't figure into it, nor does every human's right to make up their own mind. The argument apparently only works one way.

One fact is simple. If you do not believe in (a) God, you are in the minority on this planet. This is simple numbers.

Why should, in a Democracy, the minority dictate what is to be done, and what can be taught and what not? In fact, there are plenty of scientists, astronomers etc who believe in God, and are trying to "prove" God exists through their science (which I think will never happen, but I digress).
This "Big Bang is FACT, everything else is dogmatic bullshit" gang you're a part of really is only a minority. A SMALL minority.

But, believe what you will, and I'll believe what I will. I merely ask that people allow each other to believe what they each wish for themselves.
The Founding Fathers allowed for Freedom of Religion as well as Freedom of Speech, if I recall.

Creston

Poor Renee!
Apr 27, 2004, 23:12
Poor Renee! Apr 27, 2004, 23:12
Apr 27, 2004, 23:12

When I checked out the Cow Fashion link, I saw this:

http://fun.clanplaid.net/images/poor-renee.gif

I wonder if her publicist might have something to say about that juxtaposition!

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 23:12.

Re: Manhunt
Apr 27, 2004, 22:16
nin

Re: Manhunt Apr 27, 2004, 22:16
Apr 27, 2004, 22:16
 nin

complicity :
That's the #1 reason I haven't bothered with Far Cry.

If you've got a good video card, a good proc (over 2 gig) and at least 512 meg of ram, I STRONGLY recommend you check out Far Cry. I went in expecting a ho-hum type of shooter, and besides the fact it's a blast, you'll swear you're looking at the Doom3 engine when you're indoors. I like hitting an overhead light and watching the real-time lighting in action...

Fausticle:
.Rushed home to play and got this message.

"I'm sorry Retail Accounts wont be active till the 28th"

That's pretty bad, turning away customers who just paid for the game. I know it's only 1 day, but it's still not the best way to start things off...that also means that EVERYONE who's bought it will be trying to connect tomorrow, which could very well mean Thursday or Friday will be your lucky day...

edit: Thanks to everyone for the Manhunt reviews...think I'm gonna pass until it's under $20...

http://www.depechemode.com
This comment was edited on Apr 27, 22:19.

Is it just me...
Apr 27, 2004, 21:40
Is it just me... Apr 27, 2004, 21:40
Apr 27, 2004, 21:40

...or does Soulfly - 'Prophecy' sound like they kinda rippeda riff from Stabbing Westward...?

Apr 27, 2004, 21:36
Re: Xbox owners Apr 27, 2004, 21:36
Apr 27, 2004, 21:36

Not to be rude, Jim, but just because it's something YOU don't believe in doesn't make it misinformation. The Gospel According To The Big Bang could quite easily be qualified as misinformation too, since most scientists quite well realise that there's too much wrong with the theory for it to ever have really happened that way. Let's just let the people who believe science believe in science, and the people who believe in God believe in God, shall we?

Oh come on, Creston! You aren't seriously trying to equate a biblical parable with hard science. The Big Bang is accepted fact even if we don't have all the info. We're just now starting to get a grasp on dark matter, and that's really the key element that's missing from the equation. Science is about what you can prove, not what you believe. You may not believe in gravity, but leap off a cliff and see if that belief keeps you from splattering on the ground below. As a wiser man than I once said...

If you now argue that Big Bang theory is just a theory and that all theories are not proven fact, then you have just reduced all of science to some kind of silly passive process of recording events with no meaningful certainty in interpreting them.

Believe whatever you wish to, but believing a thing does not make it so. Subjecting children to dogmatic indoctrination when they lack the necessary critical-reasoning skills and background knowledge to come to a decision themselves after weighing everything they've seen and heard is plain wrong. The zealots have always been the major problem in this world and always will be. Someone needs to stand up and say 'Enough of this nonsense'. I don't oppose spirituality, but I do oppose dogmatism.

- Family Guy
"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

Re: Family Guy Moment...
Apr 27, 2004, 21:17
Re: Family Guy Moment... Apr 27, 2004, 21:17
Apr 27, 2004, 21:17

Halsy, seriously, you have to stop posting these FG moments, because every time I see one I'm reminded how funny the show is and have to resist the urge to purchase DVDs. RESISTING!

I'm only doing to them the end of the week. You know sometimes I just get on a bent for a movie or the like and have to celebrate it for a week. Remember when I did the Big Lebowski? Good times.

- Family Guy
- Stephen Colbert

Re: CITY of Heros Piss me off!!!!
Apr 27, 2004, 20:54
Re: CITY of Heros Piss me off!!!! Apr 27, 2004, 20:54
Apr 27, 2004, 20:54

I can understand being pissed, but one day isn't going to kill you. Unless it doesn't mean the 28th of this month, of course.

28:06:42:12
A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

Re: Manhunt
Apr 27, 2004, 20:52
Re: Manhunt Apr 27, 2004, 20:52
Apr 27, 2004, 20:52

The problem with this game is that once you discover you can back up to a wall and hit it, it's all you ever do!
News to me! I make it point never to take guys on hand-to-hand if at all possible. My strategy is to run away, duck into a shadow, wait for them to run by, and then murder them from behind.

I tried holding the action button longer, and it worked. It just took a lot longer than I expected for the next stage to kick in. I just finished the zoo level about half an hour ago. That's enough holding my breath for one night.
been cool is if they'd given some of the thugs flashlights, so when you hide in blatant-non-shadows, they could at least make some effort at finding you.
Well, that would render my strategy useless anyway!

Save points are getting fewer and further between, yeesh.

28:06:42:12
A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

CITY of Heros Piss me off!!!!
Apr 27, 2004, 20:40
CITY of Heros Piss me off!!!! Apr 27, 2004, 20:40
Apr 27, 2004, 20:40

I wasn't in the Beta but I went out and bought City of heros today...Rushed home to play and got this message.

FUUUUUUUUCK!

if your gonna release a game at least make it playable when its released!!!!

70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older