DoJ Goes Pirate Hunting

Justice Department Announces International Internet Piracy Sweep (thanks Mike Martinez) has word that there's a massive global pirate hunt currently underway:
Attorney General John Ashcroft announced today the most far-reaching and aggressive enforcement action ever undertaken against organizations involved in illegal intellectual property piracy over the Internet. Beginning yesterday morning, law enforcement from 10 countries and the United States conducted over 120 searches worldwide to dismantle some of the most well-known and prolific online piracy organizations.

“Intellectual property theft is a global problem that hurts economies around the world. To be effective, we must respond globally,” Attorney General Ashcroft said. “In the past 24 hours, working closely with our foreign law enforcement counterparts, we have moved aggressively to strike at the very core of the international online piracy world.”

Operation Fastlink is the culmination of four separate undercover investigations simultaneously being conducted by the FBI, coordinated by the FBI Cyber Division, and the U.S. Department of Justice, coordinated by the Computer Crimes and Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS) of the Criminal Division. As a result of Fastlink, over 120 total searches have been executed in the past 24 hours in 27 states and in 10 foreign countries. Foreign searches were conducted in Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, the Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden as well as Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Operation Fastlink is the largest multi-national law enforcement effort ever directed at online piracy. Nearly 100 individuals worldwide have been identified by the investigation to date, many of whom are the leaders or high-level members of various international piracy organizations. As the investigations continue, additional targets will be identified and pursued.
View : : :
178 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ] Older

Re: noob here
Apr 27, 2004, 09:13
nin

Re: noob here Apr 27, 2004, 09:13
Apr 27, 2004, 09:13
 nin

lord surewood: a made up name that occured during one of the above referenced trolls diatribes.

lord surewood was actually Enahs name for a weekend. A weekend where (for some odd reason) nearly all the regulars (myself included) changed their posting names.

Thankfully, it didn't last...

http://www.depechemode.com
This comment was edited on Apr 27, 09:14.

No subject
Apr 26, 2004, 20:58
No subject Apr 26, 2004, 20:58
Apr 26, 2004, 20:58

How did the discussion from hunting pirates of media to impaling imigrants and 9/11 issues? Some dude even threw in genocide...WTF? And yes, I read your example, thought out of place it may have it been. But with the Department of Justice? Guy, about as much genocide as your going to get is the amount of trees is takes to print the case report they'll inevitably generate over this debacle.

thanks a bunch
Apr 26, 2004, 18:54
thanks a bunch Apr 26, 2004, 18:54
Apr 26, 2004, 18:54

i appreciate you filling me in - i know i had to interupt the flow of things with my noobishness but i swear ill make it up! this site rules, as does Bronco!

Bronco Ober Alles!

Re: noob here
Apr 26, 2004, 18:44
Re: noob here Apr 26, 2004, 18:44
Apr 26, 2004, 18:44

who are these fredster/lord surewood/bunko characters everyone seems to reference? im new to the bluesnews message board culture

fredster: one of many interations of a now infamous troll.

lord surewood: a made up name that occured during one of the above referenced trolls diatribes.

bunko: a regular poster.

Up to speed?

Welcome aboard.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com
-TPFKAS2S

noob here
Apr 26, 2004, 17:02
noob here Apr 26, 2004, 17:02
Apr 26, 2004, 17:02

who are these fredster/lord surewood/bunko characters everyone seems to reference? im new to the bluesnews message board culture

Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act
Apr 25, 2004, 07:51
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act Apr 25, 2004, 07:51
Apr 25, 2004, 07:51

I too find it ridiculous that people support others based on nationality. Like blindly waving an American flag because it's "our team". The differnce between you and I is that I think all people are worth something unless proved otherwise and you hvae to know the person.

So unless you knew some of the people involved, would you have absolutly no problem with mass genocide taking place somewhere in the world? Or what if it wasn't full on genocide, but still quite a few deaths happening, and it is in your name? All so you can have cheap gas. Does it still not matter that you don't know the people?

Then again, maybe it doesn't. I just saw the edit you made to a previous post actually advocating the impaling of immigrants to the US? Why should they be impaled exactly? It can't be because they are not from this country. You stated that support along race or nationalistic lines is ridiculous. Is it just that you don't know them? Are you saying that everyone you don't know should be impaled?

Someone else I would like to add. Bush isn't classifing these immigrants as "temporary workers" to get their vote. They aren't citizens, so they can't register to vote. The support Bush is looking for there is from the companies that employ these people. These compaines get to pay said workers below minimun wage, with no benefits, and no worries about work safety. They get paid little just so I can save a few pennies on fruit. Or to get a slightly lower price on some peice of crap from WalMart.

Brian

Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act.
Apr 25, 2004, 07:22
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 25, 2004, 07:22
Apr 25, 2004, 07:22

Don't get what Beav?

Brian

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 07:52.

Apr 25, 2004, 00:05
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act Apr 25, 2004, 00:05
Apr 25, 2004, 00:05

Feeling empathy for other human beings, regardless of who they are, is called having a soul.

Hmm, well, I can see where this is going. I could ask you to define just what a soul is, but there's really no point.

We are all living breathing human beings. What more commonalities than that do you need?

Hmm, being the same species means absolutely nothing. It's like the whole national/ethnic pride business. I find it ridiculous that people would defend or support other people based on their nationality or ethnic background. Those are superficial commonalities that have absolutely no reflection on the value of the people themselves. I also find it ridiculous that people cheer for sports teams simply because the teams represent their state/country. If I was actually interested in sports, I'd cheer for the team most worthy of my applause, not the one which came from my hometown.

Oh yeah, humans aren't hairless apes. We share a common ancestor with apes, that's all.
This comment was edited on Apr 25, 00:11.

Apr 24, 2004, 19:10
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act Apr 24, 2004, 19:10
Apr 24, 2004, 19:10

ya'll been trolled
This comment was edited on May 28, 00:52.

Apr 24, 2004, 13:43
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 24, 2004, 13:43
Apr 24, 2004, 13:43

Brian and Finger, you guys dont get it, huh?

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 19:28.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Apr 24, 2004, 08:19
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 24, 2004, 08:19
Apr 24, 2004, 08:19

Can you not relate at least in some way to any human on the planet? We are all living breathing human beings. What more commonalities than that do you need?

Brian

Apr 24, 2004, 04:50
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 24, 2004, 04:50
Apr 24, 2004, 04:50

It stems from our ability to identify with and relate other people.

I prove my point. The only people we care about are the ones we can relate to. They must share similar interests, traits, etc, otherwise our ego does not accept them. Therefore, the people that we relate to aren't really strangers, but rather, reflections of ourselves. It has been said that opposites attract but that only applies to magnets. If someone has nothing in common with you, you won't care about them. If you sympathize with a homeless person or a victim of some crime, you can only do so by imagining yourself in their situation. To sum it up, we all suffer under the tyranny of the ego. Our ego is an insatiable force that commands every aspect of our lives. 'Tis a force to be reckoned with =0

Apr 24, 2004, 04:00
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act Apr 24, 2004, 04:00
Apr 24, 2004, 04:00

Wow... you stumped me on this one... did your girlfriend just dump you or something? I mean, to come up with a retort like that, you'd have to be, what, 11? Or else somebody has got your panties in a bunch over SOMETHING.

Easy there, I wasn't insulting you. I was just making a general statement that applies to all living things. Humans are not entitled to anything. Rights are not given to you upon birth. I find it humorous that people believe that have rights or are entitled to anything by nature. If you walk up to an angry tiger and believe you have the right to not get violently maimed, then by all means, go ahead.

You don't belong here.
I don't belong in the forums of a popular gaming news site? Why is that? I am an avid gamer and love reading about games. If I could belong to any site, it would be here. If you are saying that I don't belong here because I don't share your opinions, then perhaps it is time to learn a little thing called tolerance. =/

Oh, and I never said I was entitled to games I didn't pay for (or anything, for that matter). Don't know where you got that from.
This comment was edited on Apr 24, 04:42.

all this is beyond the point
Apr 24, 2004, 02:18
all this is beyond the point Apr 24, 2004, 02:18
Apr 24, 2004, 02:18

Everyone debating 9-11 and issues surrounding terrorism completely miss the major point: Suicide attacks are a complete new genre of warfare which can only be stopped by persuading people not to do it. Suicide attacks have been executed to 1/1000th their potential. In fact, suicide bombings are so pathetically done usually it almost seems like they are faked. Think about it for a second, if you don't care about your life and want to kill as many people as possible, how well do you think you could do? First of all, they could get a 100 guys in New York, and have one person everyday grand theft auto asses, riding cars on the sidewalk trying to run over as many people as possible, shit like that. Strafe people with a machine gun in a mall untill they were shot down.

Second of all, the boxcutter shit on 9-11 was bullshit, up untill that point anyone on the plane could have said they had a bomb and commandeered the plane on that premise, without weapons (now it wouldnt happen probably because the pilot would sacrfice the plane to avoid killing more people).

Third of all read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bojinka

explain how this plan wouldn't work now. this plan doesn't even involve suicide.

Fourth of all look at this:
http://www.angelescity.com/photos.html

this is an entire city thats a whoredhouse next to an american air base in the philipines. think of it as the deathstar of sexual exploitation. The best looking girls are paid 10 dollars for an hour by your grandfather. pray to god that their kids dont get hear with sharp objects.

Apr 24, 2004, 01:08
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act Apr 24, 2004, 01:08
Apr 24, 2004, 01:08

I find it amazing that you believe you're entitled to ANYTHING you don't have the money to pay for.

I find it amazing that you believe you're entitled to anything at all.

Wow... you stumped me on this one... did your girlfriend just dump you or something? I mean, to come up with a retort like that, you'd have to be, what, 11? Or else somebody has got your panties in a bunch over SOMETHING.

(reads some more of your later posts)

Ahhh... supporting Bush, praising Vlad Tsepish and Stalin... not sure if you're worse for praising our ruinous president or somehow believing death is the solution for any problem... I see now.

You don't belong here.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 01:08.
-- Nothing is black, nor is it white. If you think you've found something that isn't shades of grey, I can recommend a good optometrist. --

Apr 23, 2004, 23:13
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 23, 2004, 23:13
Apr 23, 2004, 23:13

Why do people want laws? To prevent harm at the hands of others. So you accept that people do not want to be wronged? I can relate to your desire to keep yourself from harm. Can you relate to others desire to not want to be harmed? If you can then you should not wish anyone else ill. If you do not wish them ill, then you only want good things for them. Thus you care about other people. People you do not know. Altruism is not learned. It stems from our ability to identify with and relate other people.

Brian

Apr 23, 2004, 21:31
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 23, 2004, 21:31
Apr 23, 2004, 21:31

I'm done.. Get a clue before he gets you all killed

Apr 23, 2004, 20:48
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 23, 2004, 20:48
Apr 23, 2004, 20:48

If you didn't care at least a bit about other people, you would feel no remorse about killing someone for any reason you want. Maybe you like their car, or their house. By the some token, someone would have me remorse for killing you for any reason.

This is exactly the reason why we have laws. Were it not for laws, people would undoubtedly act upon their whims. I'm in no way promoting anarchy, though. I like living without having to worry about getting killed by my neighbor.

As for WebDemon's comment, it's easy to blame 9/11 on America. Make no mistake, I know that much of the world hates America, and for good reason too. We are cocky, obnoxious and stick our noses in other nations' business. However, you don't see French people hijacking planes and crashing them into buildings, now do you? This is a similar issue to school shootings: who do you blame? Do you blame the parents, for raising their children poorly? Do you blame gun retailers, for making guns easy to obtain? Do you blame classmates, for bullying the shooters? Or do you blame the shooters themselves? I blame the shooters themselves, because ultimately, it is their fingers that pull the trigger. The same goes for terrorists. To place most of the blame on America for 9/11 is simply ludicrous. In addition, why would the terrorists target the Twin Towers? There were no significant political figures there. The fact is, the terrorists just wanted to kill Americans, otherwise they would have only attacked the Pentagon. Perhaps you should take a step back and look at what you're saying before you say it.

Oh, and as for me voting for Bush, you're correct. He's the lesser of two evils. On one hand, we have Kerry, who criticizes the Vietnam War one moment, then proudly proclaims himself a Vietnam war hero the next. Not to mention that he actually called the Vietnam war a Republican war. The war started with Johnson, not Nixon. If Kerry gets elected, I have no doubt that he'll apologize to the world and pull the troops out of Iraq. He'll probably put Saddam back into power and apologize to him as well.

On the other hand, we have Bush. Is he perfect? No. He's a poor speaker and he looks like a monkey. But unlike Kerry, he's willing to take risks and assert his willpower on others, whether they like it or not. I applaud aggressive policy. The one black spot on Bush's term is his tolerance of illegal immigrants. The fact that he is giving them rights and renaming them to "temporary workers" is clearly a cheap attempt to get their vote. If it were up to me, I'd have all illegal immigrants (as well as those who employ them) impaled and propped up along the border (ala Vlad the Impaler). As Stalin once said, "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem." Truer words were never spoken. =*]
This comment was edited on Apr 23, 21:01.

Apr 23, 2004, 20:35
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 23, 2004, 20:35
Apr 23, 2004, 20:35

You're arguing with somebody who is obviously young and buys into American propoganda and symbolism hook, line, and sinker. This is exactly the kind of person Bush is relying on for re-election. Please; the WTC is gone because Muslim extremists just decided to kill Americans? Pull your head out of your ass and think as to why America was the target that morning.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 20:37.

Apr 23, 2004, 19:26
Re: Facts about 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Apr 23, 2004, 19:26
Apr 23, 2004, 19:26

Not answer the door, open the door. Hold the door, whatever you want to call it. If you didn't care at least a bit about other people, you would feel no remorse about killing someone for any reason you want. Maybe you like their car, or their house. By the some token, someone would have me remorse for killing you for any reason. I'd like to think we are a bit above animals. If not, well than lets have anarchy and like luck and skill sort it out.

Brian

178 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ] Older