Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

etc.

• This Adellion Developer Profile describes Johan Pihl's role on the team at work on the upcoming MMORPG...
  • Reason: Free Play: The politics of the video game. A very interesting read...
  • Agent INI is now available, offering an INI-file editor for Unreal Tournament 2004...
  • A new game portal called PartyTop: "delivers quick and easy downloads of smash-hits like Zuma and Magic Ball, and cutting-edge games that bring new life to casual gaming like the refreshing hits Age of Castles and Ant War."...
  • A new version 1.2 of the shareware version of S.U.A.V.E. is now available, featuring: "some massive improvements to the game engine which allows the game to run smoother and more accurately." Thanks Frans...
View

2. Re: Reason Apr 10, 2004, 03:35 Awesome Spume

1. There's nothing wrong with communism. IN THEORY. Einstein helped build the A Bomb. Nuff said.

2. I love freeform games. I'm still playing Morrowind, having bought it the day it came out. Every time I re-install it I put together a different set of user-created mods so it plays differently each time. Having run maybe 40 characters through it I have never completed the main quest and probably never will. I have neither the time, talent, or inclination to produce my own mods, but value the ability to write my own story, so to speak, each time I play.
To a lesser extent Gothic 1 & 2 and Divine Divinity let me play at my own pace and make certain decisions whose consequences I had to live with in game. RPGs in general benefit from this.

When I was playing Black and White I packed up my spells and transported to the 4th (I think) island, took one look at the mayhem and re-loaded the idyll that was the 3rd island, where I could shepherd my little people in relative peace and quiet.

Pre-scripted content is okay but it does nothing for replay. I'm hoping when my copy of Far Cry eventually gets here it'll stand up to what people are saying about the diversity of the AI. Meanwhile I can entertain myself by getting killed in a variety of ways in the demo. First time I played it I managed to sneak right up to the fort without firing a shot. It's a feat I haven't managed to replicate in the 3 or 4 times I've played since. Nor have I stumbled across the wreckage of the japanese plane I found first time through. These are what makes a game great to me. Oh, that and monkeys.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 9, 18:58 Reason Jerry S Ku
>> 2. Apr 10, 03:35  Re: Reason Awesome Spume