Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Galaxies Update

The latest Star Wars Galaxies State of the Game Letter (thanks Frans) has a rundown on the past, present, and future of the Star Wars MMORPG: "We believe that the foundation of this game is better than any other out there (or any soon to come!) and we are committed to making this the best MMOG of all time! However, as this game has evolved, the need to iterate various systems has become more apparent (in other words, we think some things aren't that much fun either ;-) Our goal is to make the game more fun and rewarding. To do this, we've put together an aggressive plan to address these issues between now and the Space launch."

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Hmmm...... Mar 26, 2004, 15:05 Furious

Kindly remove your blues account and go back to your daily ritual of bending over and taking it up the ass from Sony, while paying 15 dollars a month for the privilege.

HAHAHAHA!! Man, that's great, thanks for brightening my day today Creston, I had a good laugh over that one

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Hmmm...... Mar 26, 2004, 14:11 Creston

boring description of SWG "gameplay" by Frax

Hello newbie, who's using the family braincell at the moment? Your description of the "only" thing you have to do to get a Jedi character is EXACTLY the thing that is completely wrong with SWG.

Btw, I've looked up a word for you, you might want to just browse through it, since it's obvious they forgot to explain this to you in fifth grade.

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/exaggeration

The amount of time you have to put in to become a Jedi is fucking ludicrous, whether it's a thousand hours (which was an EXAGGERATION, you dumb fuck) or a "mere" 150+100/200 as you put it. And then again, if you're severely unlucky, and continually guess wrong on your last random class to master, you might eventually wind up HAVING to do a thousand hours to get your Jedi.

Now tell me again how this is about roleplaying?

Kindly remove your blues account and go back to your daily ritual of bending over and taking it up the ass from Sony, while paying 15 dollars a month for the privilege. Thank you.

Creston

33. Re: SWG Mar 26, 2004, 09:04 Zathrus

Various bits and pieces.

Anyway, I sent in my second request for help to SOE regarding my account cancellation and I am still waiting...

Presuming you're paying by credit card (since it's virtually impossible to pay any other way) -- if SOE is still charging you after you cancelled, simply call your credit card company. It'll get resolved in a flash. Almost had one of my characters banned from EQ after I incorrectly reversed a charge at one point... oops.

most likely people will be lucky if the spaceships will be like the ships in everquest, lol.

Given the amazingly crappy engine they're working with I wouldn't be surprised!

In the last month and a half, I've cleared four holocron professions. Total of about 100-150 hours of gameplay. 4/5ths of the way to my FS slot

Oh, wow... that's some quality game play there! Remind me, again, exactly what the hell any of this has to do with being a Jedi in the SW Universe? That's right -- nothing at all. It's just a grind to make you burn time and money. Didn't someone say something about SW:G being made for roleplayers? I can definitely see how you roleplay randomly changing professions... apparantly being a bum is a prerequisite to being a Jedi in SW:G.

When about half of the professions are entirely macroable with the ingame macro scripting tool?

Oh, wow... that's really fun and exciting right there! And fits well into the "roleplay" ethos again.

Try leveling to 126 in Asheron's Call without macroing or chaining. That's at LEAST 720 hours of work, more if you're not a total XP whore

Never played AC, but I did level a ranger to 50 in EQ (and eventually to 55), an enchanter to 60, and was involved in pretty much every "first" on the server up through Velious. No macroing or chaining, ever. So, yeah, I'm familiar with the utter crap that SOE pulls on its players, and even more familiar with how those players will delude themselves and defend a pretty freaking worthless product.

SW:G was doomed from the start, and the developer decisions that have occurred since pre-beta haven't helped in this regard. Jedi were an inherently difficult problem (nearly everyone wants to be one, but you can't have all Jedi), cutting space ships, cutting down the number of worlds, inane requirements for resting, etc. have all lead to a craptacular title.

32. Re: Frax you tool! Mar 26, 2004, 08:52 Tumbler

In the last month and a half, I've cleared four holocron professions. Total of about 100-150 hours of gameplay. 4/5ths of the way to my FS slot, you think the other fifth will take more than another 100? Another 200 even? When about half of the professions are entirely macroable with the ingame macro scripting tool? Yeah right. Mabye *your* incompetence and inability to manage your time correctly would take you that long to do it.

Wow, now if that isn't fun I don't know what is. Jeez, I got bored just reading this.

31. Frax you tool! Mar 26, 2004, 08:06 Fausticle

Frax you just don't get it do you..the game is flawed I wasted 2 months of my life on that POS waiting for it to get good...I left and came back recently to find ..its gotten WORSE!

Frax your a blind fanboi with your head so far up sonys ass you can smell the puddin.

30. No subject Mar 26, 2004, 02:58 space captain

jesus thats pathetic

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

29. Re: Hmmm...... Mar 26, 2004, 02:02 natx

Your an idiot your not 4/5 way there. More and more people are finding regardless of doing what the holo tells them they are having to master 20+ professions.

IMHO a real fucktard as you so eloquently put it wastes their time macro'ing professions in SWG. The whole point is to have fun, so i'm sorry my friend your completely missing it by a longshot. Enjoy macroing for the next 2 or 3 months and by that time they will have revamped the jedi system... and you'll still be licking sony's asshole.

28. Re: Hmmm...... Mar 26, 2004, 01:06 Frax

"Ohhhh right. That's why, in order to ever be able to play a Jedi character, you have to put in 1000+ hours of solid hardcore levelling to "unlock" your force sensitive slot, right?
"

Once a fucktard, always a fucktard, eh Creston? You just can't seem to learn how to make a post about things you actually know about, as opposed to things you think you've learned from other retards here that haven't ever presented a solid point in their post history, can you?

In the last month and a half, I've cleared four holocron professions. Total of about 100-150 hours of gameplay. 4/5ths of the way to my FS slot, you think the other fifth will take more than another 100? Another 200 even? When about half of the professions are entirely macroable with the ingame macro scripting tool? Yeah right. Mabye *your* incompetence and inability to manage your time correctly would take you that long to do it.

Try leveling to 126 in Asheron's Call without macroing or chaining. That's at LEAST 720 hours of work, more if you're not a total XP whore.

Thanks for once again proving that the people here have absolutely *zero* clue what is going on outside the FPS market. (No fear, Ray, you're exempt.)

(For anyone that wants to further argue with jackass points demonstrating no knowledge of the game: You use Holocrons which tell you the jobs you need to master. It takes five random ones to unlock your 'FS Slot' that you can create a Jedi character in. The fifth profession is not told to you, you have to find it.)

27. Re: Hmmm...... Mar 26, 2004, 00:27  Magnethead 

So you worked on the game huh?

26. Hmmm...... Mar 25, 2004, 23:12 The Half Elf

Well I just got into the City of Hero's Beta and after playing for the last 2 days all I can say is...

"Canceled Planetside Account"
"Canceled EQ Account"

"HELLO COH!!!"

COH Devs have been working on what they call "the 15 min hook" and to get you hooked on the game in 15 mins. With me they had me in less then 5.
Easy to learn, fun to play, no uber loots to go after, everyone gets loot everyone gets xp.

not to mention you could literally spend days in the character creation screen playing with costumes.

And the beta is 100 times more stable then most of the games on the MMORPG listed on this forum when they were released.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

25. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 22:25  Magnethead 

You dated Angelina Jolie??

24. SOE blew it Mar 25, 2004, 19:58 VultureMAN

SOE hand picked and bought a DEV team for SWG.
The DEV team was given massive resources (there are stories of how the Game Engine squealed when told to accomadate Raph)
They had a massive fanbase and an established marketing system.

They did not have to rush the product out the door.

And what did we get, another UNfun MMO.

AFAIK SOE has only itself to blame.

23. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 19:16 ZzeusS

If you have to mention the word 'loot' more than once in your patch notes, your game sucks.

22. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 19:09 Muscular Beaver

I should thank god for never letting me play that game.
Im still curious what they will do with the space expansion. but I bet it will be some round based combat system (because realtime will be laggy as shit), if combat at all. most likely people will be lucky if the spaceships will be like the ships in everquest, lol.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

21. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 18:55 Krovven

However, as this game has evolved, the need to iterate various systems has become more apparent (in other words, we think some things aren't that much fun either ;-)

A developer admitting their game isnt fun, is the kiss of death. SWG is a steaming pile of bantha poodoo.

20. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 17:34 ShadyPete

Too late.. Now please excuse me I have GOOD games to go play..

Developer's Formula : Star Wars + EQ = $$$$
Marketing : Make it happen..

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 17:37.

19. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 17:09 Ray Marden

Except nearly every system - although having some polish now - is effectively broken or completely unbalanced.

You either grind a combat or jedi character else you don't have much else to do.

Anyway, I sent in my second request for help to SOE regarding my account cancellation and I am still waiting...

Noting that SOE is, at least, consistent with its craptacular support,
Ray

-----------------------------------------------------------------
To not comprehend life is completely absurd.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.guzzlefish.com/collection.php?username=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

18. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 17:05 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

I remember reading a quote from Raph Koster before SWG was released and he said something along the lines of wanting to make SWG accesible to everyone - including your grandmother.

Koster needs to do gamers a favor and get out of the MMOG business.

I remember way back when SWG was announced everyone was so excited and pumped up for it. There were grand predictions that SWG would knock every other MMOG off of the planet, including Everquest. But here we are now and look how SWG turned out.

I don't think the spaceship expansion dealy is going to salvage it either. Unless it's going to be an MMOG of XvT I don't see how it's going to rock. Koster is so anti PvP I can just imagine flying squeezing the trigger in my Xwing and being greeted with "you cannot attack that target" message.

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

17. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 15:52 Pete

The problem is that SWG is so expansive. There is so much to do. Many people only go on a few missions, churn butter and get bored. That is fine if that is what you want to do, but it is opposite of my experience in the game so far. It's definitely the best MMORPG out there. If you don't like it, perhaps you just don't like MMORPGs

the part in bold is a lie

Im now looking for reasons to keep my SWG account active

Doin' it Big

16. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 15:35 Grounded

"SWG has already come quite a ways since release. Yes I'm sure a lot of the bad press did change the devs direction. But a lot of the bad press just didn't understand what SWG was all about. It wasn't designed to be another level+loot=uber powergamers game.. it was designed around and for.. roleplayers"

LOL

There is always one....

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo