Sabotain Lives

Akella announces the revival of Sabotain, an RPG shooter cancelled by CDV last year (story):
Akella announces the agreement with CDV Software Entertainment AG that Akella aquires [sic] publishing rights for Avalon Style's role-playing first-person shooter Sabotain: Break the Rules.

The long awaited Sabotain: Break the Rules is a futuristic FPS/RPG based on the idea of mission-oriented adventure with varied interactions with people and places as well as varied mission types, including sabotage, infiltration, rescue, intelligence-gathering, thievery, reconnaissance, assassination, and all-out combat. Role-playing system allows characters to develop themselves by gaining experience and spending it to improve skills and attributes.

For more information check http://www.akella.com/pub-sabotain-en.shtml. The official website will be relaunched soon. Sabotain: Break the Rules is scheduled for a Spring 2004 release.
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jan 29, 2004, 10:02
Re: No subject Jan 29, 2004, 10:02
Jan 29, 2004, 10:02

Anachronox managed some pretty good facial animations in the cutscenes using the Quake 2 engine. Though Anox isn't a shooter, of course. That scene late in the game, with ... you-know-who on the ledge, looking back with sadness ... Oh, it was a wonderful game.

Re: No subject
Jan 29, 2004, 06:47
Re: No subject Jan 29, 2004, 06:47
Jan 29, 2004, 06:47

> the characters have emotions? No way! that is fucking amazing!!

Presuming that they mean facial animation to provide a visual sense of emotion, then yeah, that's pretty cool -- how many shooters have you played that had this feature? HL2 and other Source Engine games can do it, but none of them are out yet. I think possibly NOLF might have done it in cut-scenes? (although there was permanently-raised-eyebrow man, so maybe not...)

Lip-synching has been around for a while, but as far as emotions go, you're usually dependant on the voice-acting (which the vast majority of the time is pretty poor), so don't knock a genuinely nice feature, hmmm?

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 06:48.

Re: WTF
Jan 29, 2004, 00:17
Re: WTF Jan 29, 2004, 00:17
Jan 29, 2004, 00:17

Went to the site, and the first pic I looked at didn't look so hot. I then noticed at the top, it said "You got 12 expirience points". Always frightening when words aren't spelled right within a game.

WTF
Jan 28, 2004, 21:31
WTF Jan 28, 2004, 21:31
Jan 28, 2004, 21:31

Features:
25 types of weapons of 6 types including melee, unarmed, energy, heavy, explosives

Unarmed weapons? Now that is an oxymoron!

Gerry Lopez??!?!
Jan 28, 2004, 17:44
Gerry Lopez??!?! Jan 28, 2004, 17:44
Jan 28, 2004, 17:44

oh. For second I thought this said "Subotai".

Enhanced With Minerals For A Pure, Fresh Taste. - Dasani bottled water label
Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

Re: The long awaited Sabotain: Break the Rul
Jan 28, 2004, 16:23
Re: The long awaited Sabotain: Break the Rul Jan 28, 2004, 16:23
Jan 28, 2004, 16:23

Long awaited by whom?? The legions of fans of a looks-just-like-Lithtech engined Deus Ex clone full of garish lights??

Eastern Europe (Russia, etc) has a large shooter community that we don't hear about very often. For example the game "Kreed" and "Firestarter" and several others have been out for awhile whereas it barely gets a mention here (in the west). They seem to have a campy but fun quality to them that I prefer over some of the sterile stuff thats getting published here lately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perhaps the answer to the perennial problem of delinquent teenagers dropping bricks from motorway and railway bridges is to sue the creators of Tetris."- Unknown Author
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

No subject
Jan 28, 2004, 15:24
No subject Jan 28, 2004, 15:24
Jan 28, 2004, 15:24

id almost be willing to bet money this will suck bigtime

i like this "feature" bullet from the blurb:

"Characters have lip-synchronization and emotions"

the characters have emotions? No way! that is fucking amazing!!

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 15:28.
No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

Re: The long awaited Sabotain: Break the Rul
Jan 28, 2004, 14:35
Re: The long awaited Sabotain: Break the Rul Jan 28, 2004, 14:35
Jan 28, 2004, 14:35

seeing how... anti-climatic deus ex 2 is, i'd welcome a deus ex clone if it's good. although apparently good is accidental, but here's hoping.

--
http://www.orosian.org - What Am I?

The long awaited Sabotain: Break the Rul
Jan 28, 2004, 14:09
The long awaited Sabotain: Break the Rul Jan 28, 2004, 14:09
Jan 28, 2004, 14:09

Long awaited by whom?? The legions of fans of a looks-just-like-Lithtech engined Deus Ex clone full of garish lights??

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older