Dear Diaries

There's a new TRIBES Vengeance Designer Diary on IGN in which producer Tony Oakden "brings us up to date" talking about the team's latest milestone, switching to the Havok physics engine, the latest in level tweaking, updates to armor, and what the future holds (on a related note, I'm told the TRIBES: Vengeance diaries we linked to this morning were also previously published on IGN, sorry about that). Also, RPG Vault's Neocron: Beyond Dome of York Peek #1 offers a couple of screenshots from Neocron: Beyond Dome of York, the upcoming expansion for Reakktor.com's MMORPG, along with an explanation from development director Holger Nathrath on "the basic functionality of the Hacknet." Finally, RPG Vault's URU: Ages Beyond Myst Sound Development Report is written by Cyan Worlds' Tim Larkin who gives a detailed account of the audio creation process for URU: Ages Beyond Myst, the latest installment in the Myst series.
View : : :
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Waiting
Jan 16, 2004, 19:15
Re: Waiting Jan 16, 2004, 19:15
Jan 16, 2004, 19:15

Tribes 2 did finally turn out to be a great game. I expect T:V will do the same, especially now that a member of the tribes community is one of the lead multiplayer programmers. And is in constant contact with the current community.

Waiting
Jan 15, 2004, 23:32
Waiting Jan 15, 2004, 23:32
Jan 15, 2004, 23:32

I hope this game turns out to be what Tribes 2 was supposed to. I remember sitting in the trailer at E3 when they had just started working on Tribes 2 and showed me the new engine with the smooth terrain, as opposed to the old rolling terrain. They seemed excited about it and I was waiting for it to release. I guess I burned out, after beta testing and seeing the game in its shipped state, after all the patches it was better, but something was missing, the simplicity and fun of the original was lost, something they claim will be recaptured in this one....

Ill be in line to buy it in hopes that this rocks!
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older