OMF: Battlegrounds Patches

A pair of new patches are available for One Must Fall: Battlegrounds, updating Diversion Entertainment's fighting game to version 2097 after a momentary bump to the intermediate version 2096. The version 2096 patch is 4.5 MB and the version 2097 patch is 1.3 MB, both available on the OMF Product Assurance - Game Patches Page and mirrored on 3D Gamers, ActionTrip, and Adrenaline Vault.
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

ooo, a patch.
Jan 2, 2004, 23:38
ooo, a patch. Jan 2, 2004, 23:38
Jan 2, 2004, 23:38

Too bad the game is a piece of shit. I LOVED the first, it was awesome. And apparently these people were working on this sequel since the first was completed? Someone tell me, why did it take around 5 years to push out this lump of afterbirth? It clearly doesn't show 5 years worth of development in the title.

Re: ooo, a patch.
Jan 3, 2004, 03:12
Re: ooo, a patch. Jan 3, 2004, 03:12
Jan 3, 2004, 03:12

I like this game.
And I like the fact that a small independent is trying to do something different. Some of us want something that's not a FPS. I like the ability to play a fighting game on-line and been able to beat the crap out of 3 or 4 people at the same time. And the fact that it's full 3D is a refreshing twist. I like the ability to move around and attack people from behind or double team opponents (something that you just can't do with other fighting games).
This game is not for people that are expecting to just jump in and kick some ass like a FPS. It takes some time to learn the combo system cause it's not a button masher. But to tell you the truth I haven't had this much fun on-line in a LONG time. And after all that's what gaming is all about ...having fun.

I Don't Know...
Jan 3, 2004, 09:08
I Don't Know... Jan 3, 2004, 09:08
Jan 3, 2004, 09:08

The game isn't bad, but even for an independent studio, is lacking an awful lot of polish. I was in one of the early betas and back then, then game didn't look much different (and an impression was given that it was going to improve somewhat.) The fact that an engine that looks that dated runs poorly at high resolutions, even on high-end rigs is not really good either. I loved OMF 2097, but I'm still on the fence about this version. It just really doesn't seem to be a worthwhile culmination of all the year that it's supposedly been in development.

Parallax Abstraction
Parallax Abstraction
Twitch | YouTube | Podcast

Jan 3, 2004, 10:11
Re: ooo, a patch. Jan 3, 2004, 10:11
Jan 3, 2004, 10:11

Sooo, what does this patch fix?

I can't help but say that I am interested in this game even after some of the negative things I have read about it.

I can't find any notes on what this patch fixes. I'm thinking it may fix a few of the gameplay problems it has... (desperate for a new game after the suck-ass holiday season)

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 10:11.

Jan 3, 2004, 10:58
Re: ooo, a patch. Jan 3, 2004, 10:58
Jan 3, 2004, 10:58

My biggest complaint is that the interface is hardly polished. I would have liked to have seen better fonts, more graphical buttons, better displays, etc, etc.

The interface appears as if it were still beta.

Jan 3, 2004, 14:08
Re: ooo, a patch. Jan 3, 2004, 14:08
Jan 3, 2004, 14:08

On the beta MB the developers have said that they're going to revamp the interface in time for the Demo.

I'm currently beta testing the new patch before it goes live, and I can tell you that they've fixed stability problems and increased performance.

Jan 3, 2004, 15:59
Re: ooo, a patch. Jan 3, 2004, 15:59
Jan 3, 2004, 15:59

I will try to recall some of the changes made previously. It isn't a complete list, but these are the major improvements.

v2095:
Netcode enhancements and increased stability.

v2096:
Fixed crash on Space Station arena.
Improved help section.

Here are some of the bigger Game play changes made in the new patch.

Air Evades are fixed!
All fighters have a delays on miss projectiles.

Warlord:
-Damage has been increased.
-Reduced how far back the Missiles push opponents.
-Players can now duck under Warlords forward Claw grabs.
-------------------------------------------------------
Things to come in the next patch:
-Increase damage of Super Grenade.
-Make Super Claw hand invulnerable (after grabbing opponents).
-Improved Counter Block.
-------------------------------------------------------

Pyros.
-We Increased speed of Flame Throwers.
-Increased speed of the Super Flame Thrower.
-Increased speed of Super Fire Spin.

Force:
-his vortex and Bombs are know chargeable. The longer you hold them before throwing them the more damage they do. And they have a small activation delay when tossed.
-The Meteor calls are faster and have a delay on a miss.
-The Super Meteor now covers a wider area and has a delay on a miss.

Jag:
-Now has a delay on miss Leaps.
-A-RKL doesn't move forward as much.
-some of the links have been tweaked (some moves were linking in too early).

Mantis:
-Spiders and Flies are know chargeable and have a delay before activating.

Chronos:
-His Super teleport should sequence properly on a miss.

v2097:
Fixed a crash with mapping of controls.

There is a new patch out for testing at this moment, which will address issues with compatiblity for Win98/ME. This new patch will most likely be released next week.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 16:03.

No subject
Jan 3, 2004, 19:31
No subject Jan 3, 2004, 19:31
Jan 3, 2004, 19:31

I like it. It's not perfect, the interface is somewhat ugly, and I have had a couple crashes. But it's still cool. A very unique concept, and pays respect to the original, which I still fondly remember.

half life patch
Jan 3, 2004, 23:50
half life patch Jan 3, 2004, 23:50
Jan 3, 2004, 23:50

does anyone know where on this site i can find the team fortress patch for half life?

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer