Raven Shield Patch Plans

The Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield Website (thanks Frans) has word to expect the upcoming version 1.50 patch for Raven Shield on Tuesday. They also offer some details on the contents, including a working SDK, CD key encryption, enhanced mission pack support, bug fixes, and more.
View : : :

Will it be enough?
Dec 5, 2003, 23:35
Will it be enough? Dec 5, 2003, 23:35
Dec 5, 2003, 23:35

Man, I hope they fix the whole LAN play thing. My friends and I love playing it on a LAN, but the thing is damn-near impossible to get everyone in even on a 100MB switched network. W/ 8 people (a laughable maximum, BTW), you can guarantee that at least 2 will keep getting "You are not authorized to play on this server", or even "Server did not respond" and be unable to connect.

It's like some sick joke.

And why can't I pick up dead player's (or NPC's) weapons?

Why can't I have the M203 that the Xbox gets?

Why can't I set the number of respawns?

Why can't I give orders to just one person in my sqad?

Why do dead guys bend over backwards like some kind of freakshow and ruin the realism?

Why don't grenades (or heck - bullets for that matter) impart any momentum to the people that they kill?

Why do all my sqad mates leave cover and walk towards me when I switch players, even though I'd issued a "HOLD" command?

Why can't I have a partial map on the screen like I used to have in Rogue Spear? Or better yet - as an overlay?

Why do squad mates turn and face a wall or dead end when we're stopped? Aren't they smart enough to know there's a wall 3 friggin' inches from their muzzle and NOT cover that direction?

They made a lot of bad design decisions IMHO. Which is a shame, b/c this could have been a really great game. Instead, it's just a well polished distraction.

Date
Subject
Author
Dec 5, 2003Dec 5 2003
Dec 5, 2003Dec 5 2003
Dec 5, 2003Dec 5 2003
Dec 5, 2003Dec 5 2003
Will it be enough?
Dec 6, 2003Dec 6 2003
Dec 6, 2003Dec 6 2003
Dec 6, 2003Dec 6 2003