Raven Shield Patch Plans

The Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield Website (thanks Frans) has word to expect the upcoming version 1.50 patch for Raven Shield on Tuesday. They also offer some details on the contents, including a working SDK, CD key encryption, enhanced mission pack support, bug fixes, and more.
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

oh well
Dec 6, 2003, 13:03
oh well Dec 6, 2003, 13:03
Dec 6, 2003, 13:03

I used to play a lot of R6 and rogue spear. Thought it was incredibly fun, wound up in a tourney at e3 playing for a four wheeler and made it to the finals only to lose but it was still pretty fun. At that area of e3 they also had a motorcycle pimped out ala quake 3. Fatality won that of course, then they had the john romero and his girl play daikatana and gave away some signed boxes of the game. But anyhoo, yeah i miss the ole rogue spear days. After Red Storm did the ubi thing it seems like that franchise went in the toilet in terms of game play. The eye candy is nice and the tear gas effect is trippy (thought my vid card was fubar or something the first time i saw it). Wish they could revive this and make it fun again.

my two cents
Axe

AxemaN

There was a single player game?
Dec 6, 2003, 10:22
There was a single player game? Dec 6, 2003, 10:22
Dec 6, 2003, 10:22

You guys actually played (or tried to play) the single-player game?

I haven't played either of the last two Tom Clancy games single player. Mostly multi-player or co-op.

Still the game was doomed to a life of bugs since the very start. And I am not sure if any of the original bugs from the demo (which ran better then the currect version) have been completely squashed.

The weapons lock bug is still there and the ladder bug too. I don't get them as often as other people. But it is not unusual to see a player type "bugged" at the begining of a round to get a restart in match play. Happens at least once every match I have ever been in.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 10:24.

Re: Will it be enough?
Dec 6, 2003, 02:52
Re: Will it be enough? Dec 6, 2003, 02:52
Dec 6, 2003, 02:52

"Why do all my sqad mates leave cover and walk towards me when I switch players, even though I'd issued a "HOLD" command? "

God that was the most annoying thing for me! You hit hold so your team stays in place switch to your sniper and then you realize that your entire squad just followed you, walked into the line of fire and that they are all gone!
At that point I decided to trade in the game before it made me throw my PC out the window!

Will it be enough?
Dec 5, 2003, 23:35
Will it be enough? Dec 5, 2003, 23:35
Dec 5, 2003, 23:35

Man, I hope they fix the whole LAN play thing. My friends and I love playing it on a LAN, but the thing is damn-near impossible to get everyone in even on a 100MB switched network. W/ 8 people (a laughable maximum, BTW), you can guarantee that at least 2 will keep getting "You are not authorized to play on this server", or even "Server did not respond" and be unable to connect.

It's like some sick joke.

And why can't I pick up dead player's (or NPC's) weapons?

Why can't I have the M203 that the Xbox gets?

Why can't I set the number of respawns?

Why can't I give orders to just one person in my sqad?

Why do dead guys bend over backwards like some kind of freakshow and ruin the realism?

Why don't grenades (or heck - bullets for that matter) impart any momentum to the people that they kill?

Why do all my sqad mates leave cover and walk towards me when I switch players, even though I'd issued a "HOLD" command?

Why can't I have a partial map on the screen like I used to have in Rogue Spear? Or better yet - as an overlay?

Why do squad mates turn and face a wall or dead end when we're stopped? Aren't they smart enough to know there's a wall 3 friggin' inches from their muzzle and NOT cover that direction?

They made a lot of bad design decisions IMHO. Which is a shame, b/c this could have been a really great game. Instead, it's just a well polished distraction.

No subject
Dec 5, 2003, 21:00
No subject Dec 5, 2003, 21:00
Dec 5, 2003, 21:00

expect the upcoming version 1.50 patch for Raven Shield on Tuesday

LMAO - since when did they start releasing patches for RS on the date they specify ? Oh wait, they didn't say what Tuesday

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

Re: To late!
Dec 5, 2003, 20:35
Re: To late! Dec 5, 2003, 20:35
Dec 5, 2003, 20:35

I got this with my soundcard. Great game, but very unstable, at least on my system. While loading levels, it crashes at least 1 out of every 3 times, anything from a system lock up to a hypnotizing pattern of black and white bars. Too bad, cause otherwise it's hella fun.
Draft: male model, NOT a male prostitute.

To late!
Dec 5, 2003, 19:45
To late! Dec 5, 2003, 19:45
Dec 5, 2003, 19:45

Very nice UBIsoft very nice, destroy the game and release the SDK after people gave up on the game!

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 19:46.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older