Consolidation

Did hackers expose N-Gage games (thanks Mike Martinez)? Also, Atari announces that Terminator® 3 Rise Of The Machines™ for the Xbox and PS2 is shipping to stores, bragging on how tight they are with the Gov: "Highlighting the close collaboration between Schwarzenegger and Atari, the video game will include an exclusive 'Making Of The Video Game' documentary containing footage of, and interviews with, Schwarzenegger and the entire cast, as well as a behind-the-scenes look at the making of a Hollywood video game." Also, Eidos' Legacy of Kain: Defiance(TM) Unleashes Its Vengeance Upon Retailers' Shelves Nationwide Today has word that the continuation of the Legacy of Kain series has rolled into North American stores for the PS2 and Xbox. Also, Jaleco sends word that Goblin Commander: Unleash The Horde has shipped for the PS2 and Xbox: "Goblin Commander: Unleash The Horde features 25 specialized goblin characters in five element-focused clans, 29 total single- and multi-player campaign levels, and 17 missions. Take direct control of characters, upgrade units, acquire and manage resources, wreak havoc on destructible environments and enlist the convenient strategy waypoints, all with unprecedented ease." Also, "Codemasters, a global interactive entertainment software publisher, announced today that the officially licensed American Idol video game, based on the reality television phenomenon, has shipped for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system." Word is that the PC and GBA versions are due later this month. Finally, Video Game Console Growth Seen Boosting Software (thanks Neutronbeam).
View : : :
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Defiance
Nov 13, 2003, 04:31
Re: Defiance Nov 13, 2003, 04:31
Nov 13, 2003, 04:31

hehe, ganz meine rede, leidensgenosse

--------------------------------------------------
everyone who finds a spelling error can keep it and use it as a base for his own errors
"...you don't see me - 'cause I don't have much to say..."
http://www.gathering.nl

Nov 13, 2003, 01:24
Re: Defiance Nov 13, 2003, 01:24
Nov 13, 2003, 01:24

hehe Im german myself and I cant stand "germanized" games aswell. tried it a few times but got extremely mad at the qualtity. and most of the time german versions look and sound very childish (crappy voice actors, etc). I like the english language much more anyway. I remember one special day when I bought F-22 Lightning in german and the fucking planes had the german luftwaffe symbols on them!!!! WTF! I also remember years ago when there were no german games around and I could buy english games around every corner for a good price. now I have to pay a lot more for imported versions because you cant get english versions here anymore.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 01:26.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Nov 12, 2003, 20:59
Re: Defiance Nov 12, 2003, 20:59
Nov 12, 2003, 20:59

Ah, I already have SR 1 & 2 and I dont need the rest of the crap.

I'm not importing any games from Europe either.. they should have released it in N.A. so I have an excuse to warez it.

Love Dan
"Will you be my valentine?"
-Dan
ExcessDan

Nov 12, 2003, 19:56
Re: Defiance Nov 12, 2003, 19:56
Nov 12, 2003, 19:56

the SE will be exclusiv for Germany;
it comes in a special (numbered) box and will include Soul Reaver 1 + 2, a poster, (post-?) cards, a bonus cd (with unknown content, I guess artworks and suchlike), "and more"... [Eidos' partner-shop: http://www.4u2play.de/store/detail/?p=11396]

but I'm afraid it will be with german voices - which is absolutely inacceptable; though some people said the voices in SR were good they can't compete with the original ones (absolutely no one can substitute the fantastic voice of Tony Jay [Elder God]!)
So I can only hope Eidos will make a multilingual version out of it or I'm forced to buy also an english version (or - you know, the sad way...).
I'll never play a game in german !!! I hate german voices in games; mostly they're really bad - and if they're good, then the english ones will be even better. Thats why I'm importing games...

Oh no, I see they have now February as release date?? WTF ?? maybe the english one will released earlier ??
Edit: this is a bad joke from Eidos, isn't it ?? Amazon.co.uk has an April date listed...

everyone who finds a spelling error can keep it and use it as a base for his own errors
This comment was edited on Nov 12, 19:58.

Nov 12, 2003, 19:19
Re: Defiance Nov 12, 2003, 19:19
Nov 12, 2003, 19:19

whats the special edition include?

i know there will be a regular one in english because they have a PC CDROM banner next to the console ones: http://www.eidos.co.uk/games/embed.html?gmid=150

which is not on the american site : http://www.legacyofkain.com/main.html

Love Dan
-Dan
ExcessDan

Nov 12, 2003, 18:56
Re: Defiance Nov 12, 2003, 18:56
Nov 12, 2003, 18:56

even better: there will be a (Germany only?) Special Edition of Defiance for PC exclusivly

...But sadly it will not be released before late December

Defiance
Nov 12, 2003, 14:59
Defiance Nov 12, 2003, 14:59
Nov 12, 2003, 14:59

Have some good news: Looks like there is going to be a PC version of Defiance available only in Europe! Looks like I'll get to play it after all!!

Love Dan
-Dan
ExcessDan

Re: A Terminator 3 game...
Nov 12, 2003, 14:44
Re: A Terminator 3 game... Nov 12, 2003, 14:44
Nov 12, 2003, 14:44

are you thinking of Halo 2? if no, then I bet coop support for PC-Halo is just around the corner

Nope, not Halo 2, that's slated for release in 2004.

But the rumor is for Halo 1.5:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=ret&aid=2553

-------
"Do not try and see a compelling sequel to the Matrix. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

There is no sequel."

Nov 12, 2003, 14:31
Re: A Terminator 3 game... Nov 12, 2003, 14:31
Nov 12, 2003, 14:31

Speaking of Halo, got the PC version last week and I must say the multiplayer is a blast! Still have not gotten very far in the single player - went straight to legendary mode first time through and I keep getting killed

If I had paid any attention to most of the wankers in these forums I would not have gotten this game. Glad I ignored them. Too bad some people can't get over their hostility to Microsoft for "stealing" this game from them for the XBox. At least Microshaft released it - better late then never, I say.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Nov 12, 2003, 13:15
Re: A Terminator 3 game... Nov 12, 2003, 13:15
Nov 12, 2003, 13:15

In other news, there's a rumor (supported by listings for its strategy guide on multiple book sites) that MS is releasing an Xbox Live version of Halo.

are you thinking of Halo 2? if no, then I bet coop support for PC-Halo is just around the corner

Nov 12, 2003, 12:39
Re: A Terminator 3 game... Nov 12, 2003, 12:39
Nov 12, 2003, 12:39

That means you missed the all the info about all the non-movie games. Anyone notice how all these games are being released on the PS2 and the Xbox, but not the GCN? Sure, they aren't blockbuster titles, but the lack of support for the GCN is troubling.

In other news, there's a rumor (supported by listings for its strategy guide on multiple book sites) that MS is releasing an Xbox Live version of Halo.

-------
"Do not try and see a compelling sequel to the Matrix. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

There is no sequel."

Nov 12, 2003, 12:24
Re: A Terminator 3 game... Nov 12, 2003, 12:24
Nov 12, 2003, 12:24

I just realized that I have developped a new reflex when reading blue's news. Whenever I see something about a movie-based game, I automatically stop reading and jump to the next paragraph. I'm guessing i'm not the only one with this habit...

Re: American Idol Release = Thank God!
Nov 12, 2003, 11:48
Re: American Idol Release = Thank God! Nov 12, 2003, 11:48
Nov 12, 2003, 11:48

clay is so cute!

anyone catch all the clay jokes on conan last night? haha

Love Dan
-Dan
ExcessDan

American Idol Release = Thank God!
Nov 12, 2003, 10:29