Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT2003 Troopers

Version 2.0 of the Troopers: Dawn of Destiny modification for Unreal Tournament 2003 is now available. Troopers is a Star Wars-themed mod, described by the team like this: "With months upon months of brutally hard work going into the finest details of its creation, Troopers is a positively revolutionary modification."

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Contest Nov 5, 2003, 09:00 SaMbO

Indeed, we are eligible for entry into Phase 2 of the MSUC Contest.
You may be interested in the features list (and other information) on this page..

http://www.jolt.co.uk/index.php?articleid=523

Cheers.

SaMbO
Troopers Dev Team
www.ut2003troopers.com

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: dl manager Nov 5, 2003, 03:37 Pedle Zelnip

i suggest you ppl get reget deluxe or fresh download

I personally use Getright myself, and am right now getting the file at around 41KBps via segmented downloading. Not exactly warp speed, but certainly better than the 6KBps or so people were reporting.

PZ
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Reading: Janice Gross Stein's "Cult of Efficiency" -- Last Read: Neil Postman's "Technopoly
This comment was edited on Nov 5, 03:38.

PZ
------------

22. No subject Nov 4, 2003, 11:25 Hump

isnt this what bit torrent is for?

PAH!

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

21. dl manager Nov 4, 2003, 02:39 smashie

i suggest you ppl get reget deluxe or fresh download, btw i have played the mod a bit and its pretty cool, not many servers or players tho but that could be down to the shitty b/width being offered rite now, also a few of the maps seem to be causing probs with cpu usage, which lags out the frame rate and f**ks yours game!

20. Re: Lame Nov 4, 2003, 01:28 John

What dl program do you use?

This space is available for rent

19. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 23:14 Wazootyman

Yay, another timeout. Lets start over again!

18. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2003, 21:37 John

Alright, I was able to continue the dl and have got it now.. don't have time to check it out though.

17. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2003, 19:11 Enahs

We are currently working on a viable solution with LucasFiles. Will keep you posted..
Good! Cause I really want to try this, I just can not get it! Thanks for stoping by and keeping the people informed!

_____
Enahs

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

16. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2003, 19:09 John

Ah, well I hope they agree to allow other sites to host it.. otherwise you won't have many people playing your mod. I only got about 60mb before the dl quit on me.

15. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2003, 18:54 SaMbO

Hi guys,

We are currently working on a viable solution with LucasFiles. Will keep you posted..

Cheers.

SaMbO
Troopers Dev Team
www.ut2003troopers.com

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 18:56.

14. No subject Nov 3, 2003, 18:37 John

I should have it in about 1.5 hours if my speed remains constant.

13. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 17:46 Wazootyman

Failed... bah.

12. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 17:07 Wazootyman

Sixth try...

11. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 16:08 Kurtz

A post on the forum for the mod indicated that it is in the contest.

10. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 14:50 Wazootyman

My guess is it is allowed in the contest. Otherwise, why would they work so hard to release by the Phase 2 deadline?

9. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 14:38 Quan

I am not sure if i am right, but I don't think its allowed in the make somthing unreal compo because its based on Starwars.

8. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 14:33 Wazootyman

Fifth try. The last two times it "finished" at 30 megs and 20 megs respectively (of course, a corrupt archive), forcing me to flush my internet files to attempt another download (otherwise it just instantly "finishes" where you last failed).

I wonder how many players actually have the mod... At this rate, the players will trickle in so slowly (or not at all) that the player base will never grow (who wants to play team deathmatch with two other people?). Though it might not kill the mod entirely, the pathetic LucasFiles hosting will certainly seriously wound it...

7. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 14:22 Kurtz

Wow. I was hoping to play this tonight, as it looks cool. But at this rate . . . . Maybe they just want to make it far for dial-up users, too?

6. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 14:08 4D-Boxing

I agree, at first i thought you where over reacting but after trying for half an hour and getting 7KB/Sec peek performance. Good way to kill a mod Lucas!
This will only make people say LucasFiles sabotaged this mod on purpose.

5. Re: Lame Nov 3, 2003, 13:55 Hump

I agree that it's a very professional looking mod. It's just that its not fun IMO.

what they released initially was just supposed to be a "taste" of what is to come. I would hope they didn't go to all that trouble just to make a good looking vanilla deathmatching mod.

we'll see....

PAH!

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo