I think enjoying Reloaded is all in the approach.
Here's how I think it should be viewed:
1. Watch 'The Matrix'
2. Watch 'The Animatrix'
3. Play halfway through 'Ghost' in 'Enter the Matrix'
4. Watch 'Matrix: Reloaded'
5. Play through the other half of 'Ghost' in 'Enter the Matrix'
6. Give it a rest for a few weeks until you forget about
how unenjoyable most of the game is
7. Watch 'Matrix: Reloaded' again
8. Play through 'Niobe' in 'Enter the Matrix'
and I guess by the time you're done with that(if you started
9. Watch 'Matrix: Revolutions'
I did all of that except #s 8 and 9 and the movie was
excellent. There's some questions asked in the game and the
Animatrix that can only be answered by the movie. There's
some questions in the movie that can only be answered by
'The Animatrix'. No questions, however, were asked in the
movie that needed to be answered by the game.
"da da da"