Evening Q&As

• Deus Ex: Invisible War
    The Deus Ex: Invisible War Q&A on Computer and Video Games interrogates a few of the folks behind development of Deus Ex: Invisible War, ION Storm's upcoming RPG sequel, learning: "We are in the final stages of development and testing. Tuning and balancing the game to make it as fun as possible, we are basically wrapping up the loose ends and putting a fine coat of polish on the game. Invisible War will be available in early December on both Xbox and PC."
  • Contract J.A.C.K.
    Jolt.co.uk's Contract J.A.C.K. Q&A is their conversation with Monolith's Craig Hubbard about their upcoming NOLF 2 prequel. They discuss gameplay, the story, gadgets, the game engine, and more.
  • Max Payne 2
    There's a Q&A with Sam Lake on IGN talking briefly with the Remedy Entertainment writer who served as the model for the hero in the original Max Payne. There is also a Max Payne 2 Update GameSpot that likewise features some quotes from Sam about the now-gold shooter sequel.
  • Dragon Empires
    RPG Vault's Dragon Empires Q&A #35 talks once again with Peter Tyson of Codemasters, discussing exploration and crafting in their upcoming MMORPG.
  • Darkfall
    The Erik Johansen Q&A on Darkfall Warcry talks with the network programmer on the upcoming MMORPG about the technology they are using to try and permit for an unprecedented number of simultaneous players.
  • Anito
    The Anito Q&A on Gamers With Jobs talks with Luna Cruz, story writer at Anino Entertainment about Anito: Defend A Land Enraged, an unheralded RPG in the works in the Philippines.
View : : :

Re: No cutscenes?
Oct 9, 2003, 08:20
Re: No cutscenes? Oct 9, 2003, 08:20
Oct 9, 2003, 08:20

I agree that is what he says, and I half expected a solution like the one you mentioned. My point is rather if done this way the claim that "the player can really tell his or her own story" is not stricly true. The cutscenes you mention only makes it clear that there is a narrotor at work telling the story for you. Such things should be scripted. I think we will see that in HL2.

Date
Subject
Author
Oct 8, 2003Oct 8 2003
Oct 8, 2003Oct 8 2003
Oct 8, 2003Oct 8 2003
Oct 8, 2003Oct 8 2003
Oct 9, 2003Oct 9 2003
  Re: No cutscenes?
Oct 8, 2003Oct 8 2003
Oct 8, 2003Oct 8 2003