Homeworld 2 Demo Tomorrow

Homeworld 2 Demo Coming Soon is the press release announcing the plan to release the demo of Relic's now-gold space-based RTS sequel tomorrow. Here's the word:
Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) announced today that, in conjunction with Relic Entertainment, it will release a sneak-peak to Homeworld(r)2, the sequel to 1999's award-winning, space-based real-time strategy game, tomorrow.

The demo will include looks at both the single- and multi-player campaigns of Homeworld 2, including the tutorial mission, two single-player missions, and two multiplayer missions, which will be playable over both LAN and the GameSpy network.

"We recognize that our community's support of Homeworld 2 is both incredibly valuable and vital to the success of this game," said Chris Mahnken, producer of Homeworld 2. "The community has been requesting a demo of the game for many months now, and we are proud to be able to deliver it to them."

The 141 MB Homeworld 2 demo will be released via the VU Games website tomorrow. The company will also make the demo available to all press and community sites that wish to host it.
View : : :
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: mmm
Sep 3, 2003, 23:56
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 23:56
Sep 3, 2003, 23:56

Working full time since you were 14 huh? Way to finish High School champ!

How’s that? With honors in the Gifted program? Yeah, I thought so. Wasn’t an excuse to not work though. Ladies like the bling bling Dr. Lector, were you assuming that I dropped out of school just because I was working full time? Again, try (hard as it might be) to not be so eensy-weensy minded.

I'm sure your folks are proud.

No you aren’t. You don’t know them. However, in this one case you are right! Hooray, one for you!

You are either very young, or a very full of shit and immature adult.

I prefer to think of it as ‘young at heart’ DEAL WITH IT.

To resort to personal attacks when you've painted yourself into a corner is a tactic of the weak minded.

I agree. Please refer to the start of the personal attacks (post #27, YOURS)

I'll take that as a compliment from a guy with all of three posts! Sit down troll.

…and the start of the personal attacks against me…. (post #37, YOURS).

Oh ya and you've got a lot of balls calling yourself a professional with an attitude like that.

So I have to agree with you, you are indeed weak minded. Thanks for providing the proof.

Your posts have made you look like a whining child who throws a fit every time something doesn't go your way.

Interesting opinion. Thanks. {idiot…} NEXT!

Quite frankly you could use a little discipline but your probably one of those snot nose little punks that tries to sue their parents over a spanking.

You would like to think that, wouldn’t you…I makes it easier for you to lose face. Think what you want. Paint whatever image of me that makes your life better…regardless, you are wrong and you are an idiot.

Your argument fell apart and now you feel like your being ganged up on, familiar feeling from the playground is it?

A.I HAVE an argument. You have feelings…is it that time of the month for you?

B.You perceive my argument has fallen apart? I would expect nothing less, you are a moron and you have displayed this over and over. Your agreement would mean something was wrong.

C.Playground bullies? Dunno, I never had any problem…I didn’t pick on anyone but no one was overly inclined to pick on one of the tallest kids in the class, especially when he’s the state Ju-Jitsu champion in his division at age 11. (That would be me in case you are having trouble figuring that out).

Your posts are more transparent than you think and to be honest I think you're a combative little prick who's compensating for shortcomings in your personality.

Now THAT is funny. You are getting pissed and it shows. You lost.

Dr Hanibal Lector sez; “Familiar feeling, WebDemon?”

Duh.

Save you the Hanibal Lector routine? Why? Hit a nerve did we?

No. Because you look like a FOOL. I am embarrassed for you but that’s ok. Can you tell my future from the bumps on my head too?

When you get a clue or you're tought a hard lesson by someone out there just remember you reap what you sow.

Indeed! You don’t hear me complaining!

And posts like yours have REALLY made you look itelligent and mature.

Unfortunately I can’t take all the credit for that. In contrast to your posts, Forest Gump would look like Einstein.

Back to the drawing board little man, maybe you'll get to keep your linch money tommorow.

Huh?

You are a laughing stock.

Uh, yeah.

ROFLMAO @ WebDemon

Oh yeah...

b[By decree of his high master poster of all that is forum, we hereby decree that this thread is officially over!
&)

(In case you didnt notice, that was sarcasm)
MAIN PC (for Soupkin)
=======
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2800
1024 Meg Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS2(2x512 in Dual Channel)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Maxtor 40 Gig 7200 RPM ATA133
Maxtor 60 Gig 7200 RPM ATA133
350W Power Supply
Windows XP Home

Sep 3, 2003, 23:01
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 23:01
Sep 3, 2003, 23:01

Oh BTW. You can now rant at will and I just KNOW you will.
But for the record...
End of Disucssion.

Sep 3, 2003, 22:53
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 22:53
Sep 3, 2003, 22:53

I haven't been at the same job for 50 years, if you can't even comprehend what you read, I find if VERY unlikely that you ever writen a book let alone read one. Working full time since you were 14 huh? Way to finish High School champ! I'm sure your folks are proud. You are either very young, or a very full of shit and immature adult. To resort to personal attacks when you've painted yourself into a corner is a tactic of the weak minded. Your posts have made you look like a whining child who throws a fit every time something doesn't go your way. Quite frankly you could use a little dicipline but your probably one of those snot nose little punks that tries to sue thier parents over a spanking. Your arguement fell apart and now you feel like your being ganged up on, familiar feeling from the playground is it? Your posts are more transparent than you think and to be honest I think you're a combative little prick who's compensating for shotcomings in your personality. Save you the Hanibal Lector routine? Why? Hit a nerve did we? When you get a clue or you're tought a hard lesson by someone out there just remember you reap what you sow. And posts like yours have REALLY made you look itelligent and mature. Back to the drawing board little man, maybe you'll get to keep your linch money tommorow. You are a laughing stock.

Sep 3, 2003, 21:13
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 21:13
Sep 3, 2003, 21:13

OK, shit-for-brains, here is where we prove that you have no brain.

It's what you're paid for. There is no arguement for the otherside you idiot.

Assumtion make an ASS out of you AND umption.

So you know what I am paid for, huh? Thats interesting, I didnt know my boss even knew this website existed. Oh, perhaps you arent my boss, perhaps you just ASSUMED you know what I am paid for, idiot. Oh my God you are dumb.

When you actually know both sides of any story, you may decree that there is no argumement for one side or another. Until then, oh wise master of all that is posting, shut the fuck up.

I seriously doubt that you've ever wotked a day in your life.
You'll see how it really work when you leave high school and move out of your parents house. Now go sit down child, the adults are speaking.

I asked you fools to spare me the Hanibal Lector routine...it only makes you look even more stupid (and I didnt think that was possible). Actually, I have been working full-time since I was 14, moved out of my parents house when I was 17, and I have been gaming since the original PONG console. See, you really dont know shit.

Just so you know, I make good money. I am extremely well respected at work. Yes, Stylz, I do get my answers out of a book. Only thing is, its a book that I wrote, so I consider that okay, so does my boss, so do my customers (who absolutely RAVE about my candor, efficiency, and effectiveness). You two stupid piss-ants think you are going to tell anyone a thing or two about anything, but you are CLUELESS. Been at the same job for 50 years there WebDemon, is that right? Good for you! (LMAO). If you were worth a shit you would be retired by now I would think...

WebDemon, think that someone that has only 3-4 posts isnt credible? Even you little uber-nerd buddy Stlyz? LMAO@the idiots!!!
MAIN PC (for Soupkin)
=======
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2800
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
350W Power Supply
Windows XP Home

Sep 3, 2003, 19:49
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 19:49
Sep 3, 2003, 19:49

You're right. I supposed it's an endless cycle. Time for me to move on and make room for the teens. =(

--
"So what does Quake 3 give you? It's quite simple: the utter refinement of deathmatch, and the ultimate multiplayer shooter experience - nothing more, nothing less. " -- Dennis "Thresh" Fong

Sep 3, 2003, 19:29
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 19:29
Sep 3, 2003, 19:29

Ya I don't konw what it is. I mean we were all kids when we started back then and we weren't like they are now. Lots of idiots playing online, and forums always seem to degrade into my dick is bigger than yours pissing contests. I think it's a combination of anonymity on the internet(ie:not having to pick your teeth up after talking shit to someone), and the whole Lord of the Flies mantality. I just find it funny because I see myself at 14 in some of these posts which is why I can't resist making fun sometimes. You only re-evaluate your whole thinking process when you start to figure out that your parents were actually right about certain things. A horrific day for any teenager to be sure! It's a vicious cycle.

Sep 3, 2003, 19:10
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 19:10
Sep 3, 2003, 19:10

Yah. People seemed to be more into helping each other back then - probably because everything was so new and seemingly complex. Now access is very simple and automated - which may be the drawback - easier access more people, higher ratio of idiot/civil gamers. It's fairly sad. I'm finding myself playing these retro games just to avoid the online scene, it just seems to get worse monthly. :/

--
"So what does Quake 3 give you? It's quite simple: the utter refinement of deathmatch, and the ultimate multiplayer shooter experience - nothing more, nothing less. " -- Dennis "Thresh" Fong

Sep 3, 2003, 19:00
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 19:00
Sep 3, 2003, 19:00

Waaaaay, more civil indeed. Too many punks with access to daddy's computer these days.

Sep 3, 2003, 18:51
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 18:51
Sep 3, 2003, 18:51

Is it me or were Internet game discussions much more civil back in the early Quake 1 days?

--

Sep 3, 2003, 18:39
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 18:39
Sep 3, 2003, 18:39

Wow you sure can right. I'm soo stoopid man..

I don't have to prove a damn thing to you.

Outside of these little posts we share, you mean less to me than the hair on the crack of a bee's ass.

Now I'm going to say this is over, because it is. You can say what you like, but I will not respond to any more of your bullshit. On a different subject sure, I don't mind a little verbal sparring, That's one of the things that make these forums interesting, but this has run it's course. Dude.

Sep 3, 2003, 17:52
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 17:52
Sep 3, 2003, 17:52

"Next time either one of you DIPSHITS needs any kind of support for anything, come post on this board. Then we will do a test. You two shit-for-brains can call up, ranting like little whiny bitches, demanding your rights, and threatening to sue. I will call up collected, civilized, respectful, and looking to address a PROBLEM."

BTW that is NOT my attitude when I call for support, if you could actuallt comprehend what you read you'd know that, but if someone DOES call like that you, as customer service CAN NOT treat them any differently because they are still customers you are there to give them service. It's what you're paid for. There is no arguement for the otherside you idiot.

Assumtion make an ASS out of you AND umption.

Sep 3, 2003, 17:46
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 17:46
Sep 3, 2003, 17:46

"WebDemon, a thread is not "over" just because you decree it to be so..."

I also tried to take the "high road" there and end it before it got anymore out of hand and do it in a nice way, with out taking parting shots but obviously this approach doesn't work with angry little children. Guess you've REALLY shown me a thing or two about how to approach and resolve conflict. You'll go far in life, enjoy.

Sep 3, 2003, 17:37
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 17:37
Sep 3, 2003, 17:37

"WebDemon, a thread is not "over" just because you decree it to be so...its THAT ignorant, pathetic, 1950's attitude that reveals how much of an idiot you are.

Craw, you show your age in every post you make. I seriously doubt that you've ever wotked a day in your life.
You'll see how it really work when you leave high school and move out of your parents house. Now go sit down child, the adults are speaking.

Re: No subject
Sep 3, 2003, 15:23
Re: No subject Sep 3, 2003, 15:23
Sep 3, 2003, 15:23

Probably a bandwith thing. By waiting to release it until (most of) Europe is asleep, they can spread the load a little. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if certain download sites specifically ask for this, since they don't like seeing their shit get hit by 50 billion eager fans all at the same time...

Rebooting that server is such a pain.

Creston

No subject
Sep 3, 2003, 14:02
No subject Sep 3, 2003, 14:02
Sep 3, 2003, 14:02

god damn why do they wait to release it ? again it will be the middle of the night when it goes live in usa.

Birdy?
Sep 3, 2003, 13:12
Birdy? Sep 3, 2003, 13:12
Sep 3, 2003, 13:12

Now, I hear from a little birdy that this demo is expected to be released at around 7-8pm Pacific, which by my rough estimates puts it at around 3-4am in the UK, and later in the rest of Europe.

That sucks.

Sep 3, 2003, 10:58
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 10:58
Sep 3, 2003, 10:58

WebDemon, Stylz...you are talking to ME about a beer in MY double-wide? Hello? Read you rpostes, then read mine...who starts with the Jerry Springer here, huh? Thats right, YOU!

But how is that possible, oh ambassador of communication?

WebDemon, a thread is not "over" just because you decree it to be so...its THAT ignorant, pathetic, 1950's attitude that reveals how much of an idiot you are.

My man, I'm not going back and forth on this..You ARE a prick. That much is clear.

Err, okeedokee buddeeeee..err. Spare me tha Hanibal Lector, contrary to what you think you know about me based on your completely ignorant and small-minded interpretation of my posts which you obviously half-read at best, youactually know NOTHING about me. You ARE an idiot though, and you prove it with your posts.

Real professionals don't give shit about how they are supposed to act when their shit doesn't work. Wake up.
Really good support people know how to deal with a pissed off client and it's clearly obvious you don't have clue about that.

And you would know something about being a real support professional I can tell...duh. And what are you talking about "when their shit doesnt work"? REALLY good support people SOLVE PROBLEMS. Counselors listen to shit. I solve problems. If you have a problem in my field of expertise, call me and I will help. If you want to rant and cry like a bitch, call WebDemon or Stylz...or learn to act like an adult. Its that simple. My sustomers get it, why are you two so retarded?

As for PC's, no need for a pissing contest. You can't even touch me. Trust me on that.

And here is my PROOF that you didnt read my posts! ASSHOLE, TRY to read the WHOLE thing if you can...if not, get your mommy to read it to you but tell her not to skip any of it like she did last night before beddy-bye.

And I cant touch you on that? I care? Again, read my post.

Trust you on that...riiiiight....this is where you make up more lies to accomodate your pathetic position.

WebDemon, before you decree this thread over once again, oh master poster, I have a challenge for you that will TRULY settle this once and for all. Here it is;

Next time either one of you DIPSHITS needs any kind of support for anything, come post on this board. Then we will do a test. You two shit-for-brains can call up, ranting like little whiny bitches, demanding your rights, and threatening to sue. I will call up collected, civilized, respectful, and looking to address a PROBLEM.

Lets see who gets their problem solved first (if at all ever). Try it for youself if you like. First call someone with your morno attitude, acting like an asshole. Then try my way. See which gets you further.

Or dont. Keep up your way until you die for all I care...just dont call me ever with your crap or you WILL get hung up on! LOL!!! IDIOTS!
MAIN PC (for Soupkin)
=======
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2800
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
350W Power Supply
Windows XP Home

Sep 3, 2003, 10:06
Prez

Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 10:06
Sep 3, 2003, 10:06
 Prez

Re: mmm Sep 2, 22:26 WebDemon

I'll take that as a compliment from a guy with all of three posts! Sit down troll.

I rest my case.

P.S. Now I have 4.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

No subject
Sep 3, 2003, 04:58
No subject Sep 3, 2003, 04:58
Sep 3, 2003, 04:58

And your PC cant touch mine

And so goes the internet penis!

Sep 3, 2003, 04:21
Re: mmm Sep 3, 2003, 04:21
Sep 3, 2003, 04:21

My man, I'm not going back and forth on this..You ARE a prick. That much is clear.

Real professionals don't give shit about how they are supposed to act when their shit doesn't work. Wake up.
Really good support people know how to deal with a pissed off client and it's clearly obvious you don't have clue about that.

As for PC's, no need for a pissing contest. You can't even touch me. Trust me on that.

66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older