Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

ANNO 1503 MP Plans

SUNFLOWERS sends along word of plans to distribute a free multiplayer add-on for ANNO 1503. Here's the deal:
Max Design and SUNFLOWERS have entered the final stages of production of the ANNO 1503 multi-player mode and will soon be conducting a public consumer test.

Heusenstamm. Max Design and SUNFLOWERS will be providing ANNO 1503 players the multi-player mode free of charge. Fans will be able to download the multi-player update free of charge once the comprehensive test phase has been completed. This week Max Design and SUNFLOWERS will begin an external test in which already chosen participants will subject the ANNO 1503 multi-player mode to weeks of exhaustive testing. This test will then be expanded to a public test. Interested parties will soon be able to register on the official ANNO 1503 website at www.anno1503.com. SUNFLOWERS will be informing all interested players about the opening date for registration both over the website and by press release.

You can find out more about ANNO 1503 in the Internet at www.anno1503.com.
View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: 1503 Aug 11, 2003, 12:02  Nimh 

I found this... Maybe try signing up for the test. I'm going to look into it futher this evening. (EDIT: it looks like a league, not a test area. But they may have info)

http://www.sunflowers.de/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=2.2+Multi+Player&number=4&DaysPrune=5&LastLogin=

BTW, I never got multiplayer working. I just got the game last week so I'm still on the community learning curve. I played the hell out of Anno 1602 several years ago.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 12:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: 1503 Aug 11, 2003, 11:15  Quboid 

This is good news, although very, very late. I bought this game when it came out to play on LAN after trying the demo (with it's Multiplayer button, although disabled because it was a demo).

I tried the /s mode and it worked but there are no missions - how do I get one to load?

EDIT: I see they are starting a test that will take weeks. I guess this isn't expected any time soon then...

Cheers,
Quboid
This comment was edited on Aug 11, 11:17.

1. 1503 Aug 11, 2003, 10:43  Nimh 

Wonderful news! This is a prefect game for couples to play together over a network. Ladys can take the economic path and fellows can take the cannon laiden war ships route. Or vice versa depending on who wears the pants in your house.

In the current incarnation of 1503 you can enable multiplayer by using the "/s" command line switch. It's very buggy but it's in there.

Looking forward to this update.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >