Ships Ahoy: Navy SEALs: WoMD

The frantic search for those weapons of mass destruction need go no further, as Wage a Silent, Lethal War on Terrorism with the Release of Navy SEALs--Weapons of Mass Destruction for PC from ValuSoft (thanks Frans) is the press release announcing availability of this budget shooter with the elusive threat right in the title. Here's the deal: "The SEAL team has received its lethal counter-terrorism objectives. Armed with eight weapons and tools of the elite, players must secretly penetrate international hot spots from the sea, air and land to carry out their assigned missions throughout Iraq, North Korea and Pakistan. To survive their dangerous operations, gamers will rely on their combat training and stealth in 10 massive 3D levels to extract weapons inspectors, intercept sensitive intelligence, locate weapons labs and secure missile containers."
View : : :
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: wmd
Jul 22, 2003, 07:58
Re: wmd Jul 22, 2003, 07:58
Jul 22, 2003, 07:58

Wow this game sounds good!

http://www.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r21871.htm

Made by Jarhead games which seems to be an alias for Piranha games (who made Fox interactive's Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza.)
I guess they changed their name to hide from all the bad reviews?

Jarhead staff: http://www.jarheadgames.com/briefing.html
Pirahna games staff: http://www.piranha-games.com/corpinfo.html

I love the part where he says it gives Value titles a bad name. LOL! Time for another name change I think.

Jul 21, 2003, 23:54
Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 23:54
Jul 21, 2003, 23:54

I understand where you're coming from, man, I really do. That's the internet though, you know? May as well bang your head against a wall, you're likely to have more productive results.

You're welcome on the rube thing.

Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
http://www.mythicarealms.com
"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

Jul 21, 2003, 21:12
Enahs

Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 21:12
Jul 21, 2003, 21:12
 Enahs

Some advice you should take to heart yourself. Nothing more ironic than people whining about whining.
Game site or not, if a company is going to produce a stupid game like this, they're going to paint themselves a target and flack should be expected.
Feel free to wave all the tiny American flags you want, as the rest of us will burn ours in protest

I am not American, I am not waving any tiny flags, or burning any. Everybody thinks they are "informed", most people are not. People had starting insulting, and responding stupid. So I put it in words they can understand. I have no problem with it if people could possibly conceive they could be wrong, or not totally right. So instead of any "political" conversation here, we just having people childishly insulting others statements, and make stupid statements them self’s. Which is just what most politicians do, in any country, and its annoying.

Also, Take a look at the wonderful line-up of games ValuSoft has created. That shows this game is hardly anything to have deep thought over, or use it to start some political conversation. And start it off by insulting US, not even insulting them in a funny, or factual way.

Thank you for the blurb I asked about for rube, as I never had heard it before!

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Alright then
Jul 21, 2003, 20:35
Alright then Jul 21, 2003, 20:35
Jul 21, 2003, 20:35

Nah man. If you seek out factual information and quiestion the validity of your sources, and you still agree with Bush, that fine by me. I just don't like it when people blindly follow CNN or Fox and then claim to be informed. If you don't fit into this category, then I've got no (well, less) beef with you.

Re: Here..
Jul 21, 2003, 20:25
Re: Here.. Jul 21, 2003, 20:25
Jul 21, 2003, 20:25

Read it. It states my opinions more eloquently than I could.
http://www.theboywhocriediraq.com/

Read a lot of it. I skimmed when the author went into a rant based solely on his opinion and vague associations. It started to get interesting towards the end with Halliburton and all. Still, a lot of his predictions have yet to happen. I haven't seen any indication that Iraqi oil is being privatized by US industry but I'm sure this guy would just say that it has already occured and CNN aka "The US Govenment Information Minister" has neglected to report it.

I guess my biggest problem with the report was that there was very little factual information, lots of conclusions were drawn without a whole lot of fact to back it up.

My other big complaint was that the guy was trying to persuade people to his viewpoint but he frequently used language that made me want to have nothing to do with him. The guy also has a huge ego, he believes that only the unintelligent would have the audacity to disagree with him. He believes that anyone who disagrees with him is a mindless pawn of the government. I'm sorry bud but I'm a very intelligent person who doesn't immediately go along with what anyone tells me and I still disagree with you. I am dead certain that were I to tell this to him in person his only recourse would be to launch wave after wave of personal attacks. After all only the unintelligent disagree with him, kinda like how only the intelligent disagree with Bush.

Jul 21, 2003, 20:19
Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 20:19
Jul 21, 2003, 20:19

rube: An unsophisticated country person.

A rube is just another way of referring to a person as a sucker or yokel. Carny folk used to use that term a lot to describe the yokels who they'd sucker out of their money with their rigged games, freak shows, etc.
So those in the know still use it to describe the suckers who believe the "gubment" without question today.

Everybody, please..SHUT THE FUCK UP

Some advice you should take to heart yourself. Nothing more ironic than people whining about whining.
Game site or not, if a company is going to produce a stupid game like this, they're going to paint themselves a target and flack should be expected.
Feel free to wave all the tiny American flags you want, as the rest of us will burn ours in protest.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 20:19.
"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

No subject
Jul 21, 2003, 19:11
No subject Jul 21, 2003, 19:11
Jul 21, 2003, 19:11

Yeah, Doom 3 does look nice. I'v seen the Quake 4 renders and let me tell you, that engine freaking rocks. I don't think Halflife 2 has enough dramatic lighting. I know they're going for realism, but I just prefe when they overdo it a bit. Even though I never got why people thinkg HL is so great, I'm still looking forward to HL2, alot.

And please, why would you say that every opinion is uninformed. I happen to know both sides of the story, and I am pretty skeptical of my information sources, so why am I uninformed? The only people who are uninformed are those who do not question. Why do you have a problem with people calmly discussing a matter with the support of factual information and logical sense.

STFU
Jul 21, 2003, 19:02
Enahs

STFU Jul 21, 2003, 19:02
Jul 21, 2003, 19:02
 Enahs

Everybody, please..SHUT THE FUCK UP about the US is so evil and wrong and blah blah blah blah.
EVERY OTHER country has just as many problems, if you really think your does not, your a total idiot. This is a god damn game site and I am tired of stupid, un educated, believe whatever someone on TV tells me about something, idiots complaining....SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND PLAY YOUR DAMN GAME, OR GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....stop annoying the hell out of everyone else. Yes, people have the right to complain, but if you are too stupid or lazy to find information about what you complain, or have no desire to do anything about it SHUT UP. Thank you…

So…Doom 3 looks nice, but I am loving the huge open levels the HL2 videos show, and the single player AI of the enemies and your friends in the game….your thoughts?

- W. C. Fields

Here..
Jul 21, 2003, 18:47
Here.. Jul 21, 2003, 18:47
Jul 21, 2003, 18:47

Read it. It states my opinions more eloquently than I could.
http://www.theboywhocriediraq.com/

And please, don't give up after the first page. Even if you find it hard to stomach all this pansy liberal BS, try to read the wqhole thing, cause that way atleast you aware of the other side of the story.

______

The US in now in direct control of Iraqi oil assets. They have unfettered access to the second largest oil resource in the world. The oil in Texas is nothing compared to the oil in Iraq. And not to mention the bombs, cruise missles, tanks, airplanes, rifles etc etc, which all cost money, lots of it. The US's military budget for 2003 (or 2004, gotta check on that) is 369 billion dollars. PLease let that figure sink in for a while. that BILLION, not million. Is it a coincidence that politicians favour war, when they own or are affiliated with the people who profit from the war. Those 369 billion are going to someone. Do you doubt that the major players in Washington are going to be seeing a portiuon of that money?

Again, read the above link

Re: Hmmm..
Jul 21, 2003, 18:12
Re: Hmmm.. Jul 21, 2003, 18:12
Jul 21, 2003, 18:12

The war on terrorism, the war in Iraq, homeland security, national secirty etc etcf are making some people very very rich.

Why? Because war "always makes the elite richer"? Show me some numbers.

This isn't World War 2. We arn't dropping everything else for war production, there is no rationing.

If you want to play the oil angle, why would a domestic oil company want an increase in foreign competition? How would Texaco profit from Iraqi Oil Company X's oil entering the US market? I'm sure we'll get cheaper oil from Iraq now that Saddam is gone but it won't help domestic oil companies.

I may be completely wrong about all of this but I don't see the logic in the war on terrorism making a select few very very rich. Show me some numbers and I'll change my opinion but right now I don't see the logic in it.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 18:13.

Hmmm..
Jul 21, 2003, 17:40
Hmmm.. Jul 21, 2003, 17:40
Jul 21, 2003, 17:40

Why do people automatically discount anything that sounds far fetched, eve it it seems to make sense.

The war on terrorism, the war in Iraq, homeland security, national secirty etc etcf are making some people very very rich.

It is in the best interest of the US that terrorist activities at home and around the world continue to exist, becuase the "war of terror" gives the US the justification to do whatever they want with minimal (less than before 9/11) reprisal from the international security.

3000 lives for the freedom to do whatever he so wishes for the next 10 years? If given the chance (I suspect he arleady was) do you doubt that Bush would think twice?

I'm not telling you what to think. And neither should anyone else. If you hear someone saying "Think this, do this, attack him, hate them, love us, ignore them etc etc" think about they are doing it. And then make your own judgement.

Jul 21, 2003, 17:15
Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 17:15
Jul 21, 2003, 17:15

yeah, but do they know about 7/23?

Jul 21, 2003, 16:21
Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 16:21
Jul 21, 2003, 16:21

They are on the the US's bad side... they knew about 9/11 before it happened.

Jul 21, 2003, 16:06
Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 16:06
Jul 21, 2003, 16:06

haha syntarsus! nice.

so now we have software about looking for hardware which just may be vaporware in the middle of nowhere!

No subject
Jul 21, 2003, 15:57
No subject Jul 21, 2003, 15:57
Jul 21, 2003, 15:57

That's a stupid theory, Anon.

"The" Dan
http://users.ign.com/collection/Danteloupe
ExcessDan

Jul 21, 2003, 15:51
Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 15:51
Jul 21, 2003, 15:51

I suspect this'll turn out to be vaporware *rimshot*

Jul 21, 2003, 15:15
Enahs

Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 15:15
Jul 21, 2003, 15:15
 Enahs

The most pathetic thing is how many rubes believe it.
Ok, I get the general meaning of "rubes" from the context, at least in the way you meant it. But what the hell is a rube[s] really, is it just slang for something else?

- W. C. Fields

Jul 21, 2003, 15:02
Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 15:02
Jul 21, 2003, 15:02

Come on Anon, push a little deeper. I'm sure you're only inches away from having broken the "Head Farthest Up His Own Ass" world record.

As for this "game", it's one of the saddest pathetic cash-in attempts ever in the history of gaming. 10 whole levels and 8 weapons and tools huh? Sounds absolutely awesome...

Creston

Jul 21, 2003, 14:37
nin

Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 14:37
Jul 21, 2003, 14:37
 nin

if the US didnt exist then there would be no terrorism, and we could all live in peace.

Oh, so all the violence before the US was settled doesn't count, huh?

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/

Jul 21, 2003, 14:08
Re: wmd Jul 21, 2003, 14:08
Jul 21, 2003, 14:08

I guess they had to cancel the Iraq operation in-game, seeing as there aren't any WMDs. LOL!

It's so tiring seeing these sorts of asinine, "us vs them" propaganda titles, as if the US were the perpetually aggrieved innocent in a world full of bad guys. The most pathetic thing is how many rubes believe it.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 14:09.
- Stephen Colbert
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older