Republic Complete

Confirming the report that Republic: the Revolution was complete, but that Elixir's insurgency strategy game would not be available until September (story), RepRev has a story up with a quote from Elixir's Demis Hassabis confirming that they have submitted a gold master candidate to Eidos in six languages. The game is not yet officially gold, but even were it already declared approved for manufacture, Demis confirms the game is indeed not going to be available before September, "to ensure a simultaneous worldwide release."
View : : :
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: USA - UK : same thing
Jul 21, 2003, 03:24
Re: USA - UK : same thing Jul 21, 2003, 03:24
Jul 21, 2003, 03:24

Dude, I generally have no problem with the things you say (except when they're fucking stupid, which they generally are).

It's the way you say them. The post above was probably one of the most coherent things I've ever read from you. Bravo. So if you're unemployed, why are you travelling the world? Shouldn't you be, I don't know, looking for a job, you unproductive bitch? If you talk the way you type it doesn't surprise me that you're jobless. And how is it that I'm a rhinoceros?

Honestly, I'm not the only one that's expressed it. You just ramble on about God-knows-what as though anyone is listening. "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hey, which brings me to another point. See how I put that in quotation marks? Do you know why? BECAUSE IT'S A QUOTATION. From Shakespeare, just in case you're not familiar. See "most" people "don't" just use "quotation marks" on "every" other "word." So if you have to inject your opinion, clarity and brevity are both things you could work on. I'll be checking on your progress.

Goddamn.

~Steve

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 03:26.

Re: USA - UK : same thing
Jul 21, 2003, 03:09
Re: USA - UK : same thing Jul 21, 2003, 03:09
Jul 21, 2003, 03:09

Ha Ha.. 'Crestin' much as you would like to think of my sentiments as being in the minority you know deep within you everyone wants to take a shot at you know who? Delaying is just a small form of protest "ha ha ha!" I applaud Elixir

and 'Jedi' I came back to Blues specifically to see if you'd be foolish enough to provoke more of the same ridiculous grand standing...

...and low and behold, "I wasn't surprised!" You still remain the class A moron. You like sticking your finger in the light socket, like some brain dead lab monkey constantly looking ways to berate me when I've done nothing to you aside from demonstrate to you that even uneducated, high school dropout like me, that juggle a couple languages and travels the world a little bit, *AND* jobless can still cause a rhinoceros like you to scratch his ass. You have this thing about wanting to be some sort of village voice. I have news for you... YOU'RE NOT

This is all fun for me until toads start trolling around messing with me due to innocent comments. Then it's time to show those pedigrees that even hunchbacks and peasants... or as you so eloquently phrasesd it, proletariats.

and I'll repeat it again. WTF are you talking about thesaurus for? Except it, maybe I have some semblance of grey matter that can extract words with more than one syllable or are you too dubious for such an admission?

I'm out of here I have art to do... I have had it with you 'Jedi' you're a failure.

and please stop using the word "G-O-D-D-A-M-N" you might offend someone.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 03:17.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

SWR
Jul 21, 2003, 02:49
Eon
SWR Jul 21, 2003, 02:49
Jul 21, 2003, 02:49
Eon

Actually the chances are that the US release is what is delaying things... <shock horror>

Although most American development houses would disagree with me, it is MORE than possible to achieve your localisation within the deadlines for the game code itself. I know whereof I speak because I've DONE it.

However it takes roughly twice as long to get a game to market in the US because of delays and bullshit in retail.

Oh, since we're talking politics... I think it's a shame we gave Sadman Hussein long enough to move his pre-prepared stockpiles to Syria. I remain convinced that the right thing was done - it remains to be seen whether it's been done in the right way. I have high hopes, however...

Eon

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 02:51.

USA - UK : same thing
Jul 21, 2003, 00:19
USA - UK : same thing Jul 21, 2003, 00:19
Jul 21, 2003, 00:19

Alright, I'll admit I was mistaken that Elixir didn't develop this game in the USA, and hence an earlier USA release wouldn't make much sense.

However, the point remains the same. Why are they delaying the english / uk release for their SWR? It's still bullshit, not really withstanding which country it's released in first, or in this case not released in first.

And the dude, take your tired ass UN whining crap over how bad america is and how wonderful Iraq is etc someplace else. It's getting pretty old. You might want to join the forums at www.cnn.com, they love guys like you over there.

Creston

Re: Republic
Jul 20, 2003, 22:54
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 22:54
Jul 20, 2003, 22:54

The Dude:

I swear every time I read one of your posts I decide that your whole persona is a clever ruse, but then I'm not sure. If it is, you do a damn fine job of keeping it up.

If not, and you're actually serious, I'm at a bit of a loss. You sir are an idiot. My post as "the steve" was meant to be an impersonation of you in all of your unintelligable glory. My friend, *please* spare me an English lesson. You have little to no grasp of the language. Any point that you try to make in the majority of your posts is utterly lost in your mangled syntax. Put the thesaurus down and MAKE SOME GODDAMN SENSE.

Please, tell me, for my own edification... is English really your first language, as I believe you said in another thread? If it is, how did you get like this? Did you have a brain injury, or a stroke? I mean, I'm just trying to put things in perspective here.

~Steve

Jul 20, 2003, 20:04
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 20:04
Jul 20, 2003, 20:04

that's not what it should read because there is no such word as "partisipating"

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"The" Dan
http://users.ign.com/collection/Danteloupe
ExcessDan

Jul 20, 2003, 18:27
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 18:27
Jul 20, 2003, 18:27

you can't resist... can you?

First off, maybe if you had better command of english langauge I'd take you a bit more serious.

point being: the majority of humble proletariat persons that partisipating in this "internet talking place

that should read:" the majority of humble proletarian persons participating on this "internet talking place" dot dot dot

and if most of these humble people knew how much you insulted them with your use of labeling them as proletariat they should be firing off at you to for daring to squeeze them in such a dead-end confinement

second. If you want to make this personal, why don't you take this offline and email with your mutant opinions of farcedness. v_i_c@earthlink.net.

Problem is you always enter the arena three days late. Missing initial statements which cause the lineup then you try to make yourself [not "youre", "PARNTER!"] seem like some kind of deified hero from the 6th dimension of your lower medulla attempting to rank on me. That's the classic third rate troll maneuver.

SO, in the end. Your point is not taken and if you think of yourself as some kind of hero you'd better get a different job... "YOU SUCK!"

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 20:45.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Jul 20, 2003, 17:51
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 17:51
Jul 20, 2003, 17:51

Thanks for the 'offer' 'the dude' but I think I'll leave that entertainment for the likes of you.

Jul 20, 2003, 15:57
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 15:57
Jul 20, 2003, 15:57

hey "THE DUDE!" why dont you "shut the fuck up!"

the majority of humble proletariat persons that partisipating in this "internet talking place" dont aspire to be privvy to your nonsensical bullshit "rants." we dont "except" youre "idiotic" commentaries. please refrain.

the steve

Re: No subject
Jul 20, 2003, 15:47
Re: No subject Jul 20, 2003, 15:47
Jul 20, 2003, 15:47

Sure we can keep it on game content. Someone soiled it with their blazing exemplifications so I simply rebuked their comments

While keeping within the framework Republic

and 'ReDeeMer' go sniff some glue dude.

speaking of politicalizing things.. WHAT the hell is the happy fredster club? I see some instances where fred appears to a homo or dead and deaf? WTF?

Lastly. Saddam is no hero to me (his days were numbered anyway). But at what point does a country prempt execution of Prime Ministers because they don't cooperate?
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 20, 2003, 15:21
No subject Jul 20, 2003, 15:21
Jul 20, 2003, 15:21

can we keep the discussion about games here? please?!?!?

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.
Doin' it Big

Jul 20, 2003, 14:49
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 14:49
Jul 20, 2003, 14:49

So you're some kind of Saddam lovin, pacifistic snob?? Dont bring your idiotic politics shit here ok? Sheesh I'm fuckin tired of the likes, all it takes is a mere joke before they pop out...

Jul 20, 2003, 13:35
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 13:35
Jul 20, 2003, 13:35

Americas the biggest TERRORIST... ask the question why is it the US soil was attacked per sept 11, 2001. Then ask why did the US and England invaded Iraq. Had nothing to do with WMD.

Everything to do with interference... exerting over affairs they wanted control over (them being the US:CIA, NSA, FBI, SS). Autonomy and soveriegnty

"AND MONEY!" Europe stood to do very well with Iraq and the US and UK could not have that. It was a clear sign that the US and the UK were loosing their intimidation and influence.

It's shameful to be a US citizen and except blindly any anecdotal commentary. "Republic", although it based on an Eastern European politcal system.. The US is many ways is just that also. Own the land, Oppress the citizens, work tem 12-16 hours a day, while keeping the wealthy ruling class on top... matter a fact that's how every country operates.

Terrorist......... "BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

The Terroist are the BUSH regime: and his Defense Department along with that cross-eyed hippo-ass pitch fork wielding toothly bitch, Condelessa Rice. Collin Powel is probably suffering from an extreme case of hemorrhoids because of his pact with the devil. He looks constipated. What a moron.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Hrm
Jul 20, 2003, 13:01
Hrm Jul 20, 2003, 13:01
Jul 20, 2003, 13:01

This game could be really good or really bad. I don't really see a middle ground with it. Hopefully, it has the Civ sort of addiction and replayabilty feeling.

Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
http://www.mythicarealms.com
"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

Jul 20, 2003, 10:12
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 10:12
Jul 20, 2003, 10:12

TERRORISTS love AMERICANS.

...no wait

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 10:14.

Jul 20, 2003, 09:21
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 09:21
Jul 20, 2003, 09:21

Jesus loves EVERYONE.

Jul 20, 2003, 08:40
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 08:40
Jul 20, 2003, 08:40

Does jesus love terrorists?
Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Serious_Soup)
Postal 2 sucks.

Jul 20, 2003, 03:08
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 03:08
Jul 20, 2003, 03:08

TERRORIST!

/me calls feds

Jul 20, 2003, 02:06
Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 02:06
Jul 20, 2003, 02:06

You do a SWR if you can get the other versions (read european, asian, australian etc) done at the same time as the American versions. You do NOT delay the American version by two months so it will coincide with the other versions.

Republic has not been developped in Amerika and believe it or not, the word does not revolve around Amerika. Even if it's obvious they hold the release to hit the "september period".

Re: figures...
Jul 20, 2003, 01:06
Re: figures... Jul 20, 2003, 01:06
Jul 20, 2003, 01:06

It's not the typos my friend, it's your uniquely incoherent style of babbling nonsense. Although you seem to have improved since last I took notice, so kudos.

~Steve

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older