Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide Server Fix Plans

A new producer's letter has been added to the PlanetSide Website touching upon issues with server stability since the launch of the MMOFPS, saying "These are very close to resolved now," predicting that fixes will be implemented within the next day or so. The letter concludes by pointing out: "Just a day or two left now until that's completed. SOE is very committed to the life of PlanetSide and the dev team has been working every single day and night since launch to fix these issues. This team is here now and will be here for many, many months to come, so expect great things."

View
10. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2003, 04:44 Mr Gar

The only persistent thing about the game is the storage lockers.

Nothing you (or your squad/outfit) does will have any effect on the game in 12 hours time let alone a week. Doesnít sound very persistent to me. The FPS side of this game is well bellow average compared to most half life mods, and the graphics are worse then tribes 2 (mmmm Fusion mortar blasts). Donít even get me started on the retarded and completely unintuitive stone paper scissor weaponry.

This would almost be excusable if you were part of a meaningful struggle (for resources or technological advantages), but if Iím taking bases for the sake of taking bases Iíll stick with Tribes or BF1942, and if I want gameplay with any depth Iíll have a game of Natural Selection.

I hope Planeside does do well, because thatís the only way other companies will dare to enter the market and maybe give us something worth paying for.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 4, 17:15 Typical SOE Halsy
  2. Jun 4, 17:59  Re: Typical SOE Valcor
  3. Jun 4, 18:13   Re: Typical SOE bluesdude
  9. Jun 5, 03:58   Re: Typical SOE Hump
  4. Jun 4, 18:58 No subject Da Stylin' Rastan
  5. Jun 4, 19:54  Re: No subject The Mule
  6. Jun 4, 20:46   Re: No subject Tony!!!
>> 10. Jun 5, 04:44   Re: No subject Mr Gar
  7. Jun 5, 00:42 So far so good. The Half Elf
  8. Jun 5, 01:17 Sigh Creston
  11. Jun 5, 08:43 But if you are.... Tei
  12. Jun 5, 09:30 Things to come... Hunterzyph

footer

Blue's News logo