Morning Q&As

• Captain Scarlet
    HomeLan Fed's Captain Scarlet Q&A talks with Batfish's Philip Harris about their plans to bring the adventures of the cult-classic TV series to computer screens.
  • Far Cry
    Doupe.cz's Far Cry Q&A talks with Cryotek producer Christopher Natsumee learning what he's prepared to reveal about Far Cry, their upcoming first-person shooter.
  • Postal 2
    Postal 2 Developer Q&A on Worthplaying catches up with Vince Desi to discuss their upcoming Postal sequel and to do some male bonding.
  • Relic
    Gameplanet's Alex Garden Q&A talks with the Relic programmer about their company, the development of Impossible Creatures, progress on HomeWorld 2, and more.
  • The Sims
    The Armchair Empire's Chris Trottier Q&A talks with this Maxis designer about The Sims, the Sims Online, asking about popularity of the series, and supporting the online game (quote for MCO subscribers: "Most massively multiplayer online games have a life of about 5-10 years").
  • NetSphere
    The NetSphere Q&A on The Adrenaline Vault talks with JC Entertainment's David Kim about their upcoming mecha-themed first-person shooter.
  • Strength and Honor
    Strength and Honor Q&A on Gamer's Hell talking with Ryan MacLean, lead programmer for Magitech, discussing their upcoming Japanese-themed real-time wargame.
  • GDC
    HomeLan Fed's Game Developers Conference Q&A chats with Game Developer's Conference director Alan Yu about the show, which kicks off this week.
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Far Cry
Mar 5, 2003, 07:05
Quboid

Re: Far Cry Mar 5, 2003, 07:05
Mar 5, 2003, 07:05
 Quboid

So now 3DRealms have gone from being "completely silent" to "hasn't said or released ANYTHING on Duke Nukem Forever since 2001"? Nothing shows a firm, considered argument quite like facts being altered between volleys...

I'm trying to hold a sensible, considered and mature discussion here. You are the person resorting to swear words (which I only used an example of your insults being fitting for your own posts) and comparisons to other members of the ape family. I am giving you all the respect I can give, which is more than you've shown you deserve, yet you call me a bafoon and make some sort of comment as if I work at McDonald's, at least I assume that's what the "combo" comment is about. You have some guts to claim I'm not worthy enough to discuss this with you!

Cheers,
Quboid

War isn't about who's right, its about who's left.
This comment was edited on Mar 5, 07:06.

Mar 4, 2003, 19:28
Re: Far Cry Mar 4, 2003, 19:28
Mar 4, 2003, 19:28

3D Realms hasnt said or released ANYTHING on Duke Nukem Forever since 2001. Occasionaly on the forums they answer questions that didnt need even to be asked in the first place but whatever. Im not going into this with a bafoon such as yourself.

...and yes, I want my combo supersized, kid.

Mar 4, 2003, 10:07
Quboid

Re: Far Cry Mar 4, 2003, 10:07
Mar 4, 2003, 10:07
 Quboid

Wow, someone's having a rough day.

OK, Duke4 hasn't been hyped that much, but it's had more than it should have. There have been screenshots and previews in a couple of mags and on the web occasionally over the last few years and there have been various press releases and Q&A's with George Broussard (I think), all before the game was developed enough to warrant any press.

Apart from that, I stand by what I said. There have been a few previews recently and while it looks promising, I think the hype is too early. Too early because they can't yet be sure what will be in the game and too early because getting people excited about it now will make people sick of it when it is actually released if things go wrong. If this game is released in the next 12 months then all will be fine and this press will probably be good for sales. However, if it's delayed and delayed so it's not released for another few years, they seriously risk making a laughing stock out of themselves. Assuming my future actions based on my post is, frankly, a sign of someone who should get their shit together and get a clue.

BTW, I meant Duke, not duck. I think I probably picked the wrong option when my spell checker picked up a typo like "duek" or something - my mistake.

Cheers,
Quboid

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 10:11.

Mar 4, 2003, 01:07
Re: Far Cry Mar 4, 2003, 01:07
Mar 4, 2003, 01:07

Agreed with Quboid concerning Splinter Cell. "OMG! How I am gonna breach this heavily fortified government installation perched on a steep hill??? I know! Do various acrobatic stunts using conveniently placed overhangs and pipes! Then find that one window that you can actually slide open!"

Living in a country on the western edge of the Pacific, guns, explosions, and military vehicles are first on the list of things I would not like to see in such a setting (Right above fully-clothed women.) A truly unusual place to go killing.
"Nothing livens up a robotic hymn of doom more than an amazing pair of jugs." - Brak

Mar 3, 2003, 19:22
Re: Far Cry Mar 3, 2003, 19:22
Mar 3, 2003, 19:22

Do you realize how much you contradict yourself and also how stupid and ignorant you make yourself out to be?

I kinda feel they should shut up and develop the game. History is littered with games that have been hyped to hell and back 6-12 months before the expected release just to be delayed and delayed until they become a laughing stock (Diaktana, Republic, Duck 4Ever, TF2 etc). These guys should be careful. If I was them, I shut up until the game is about to go gold and then go crazy.

I take it that by "duck 4ever" you mean Duke Nukem Forever.

That game has not been hyped at ALL. The only people that hype it are the "prefans" who go around saying how great it will be, not 3D Realms. They have been completly silent about this game.

Then you go and say Cryotek should do what 3d Realms, not say anything about it. Why, so you can later bitch about how over hyped it is, when it isnt, or maybe bitch about the lack of media on it?

Really, man. Get your shit together and get a clue.

Mar 3, 2003, 10:42
Re: Far Cry Mar 3, 2003, 10:42
Mar 3, 2003, 10:42

Keep an eye on STALKER - another FPS that's supposed to have very open gameplay as well.

Far Cry
Mar 3, 2003, 10:23
Quboid

Far Cry Mar 3, 2003, 10:23
Mar 3, 2003, 10:23
 Quboid

Far Cry is looking incredible. That game could be a real classic and it could really add something FPS games have lacked, openness. The levels aren't a path but an area and I gather you are pretty much free to do what you want. I'm playing through Splinter Cell right now and while it is incredibly bad-ass, the linearity brings tears to my eyes and it really is a wasted opportunity. Far Cry looks to be the complete opposite gameplay wise and graphically it is looking even better. The screenshots with that Q&A are top-knotch, much better than the tech demo I played a couple of years ago and that was so good then that it still looks amazing last time I saw it (shame it doesn't work on my Rad9700 ).

but

I kinda feel they should shut up and develop the game. History is littered with games that have been hyped to hell and back 6-12 months before the expected release just to be delayed and delayed until they become a laughing stock (Diaktana, Republic, Duke 4Ever, TF2 etc). These guys should be careful. If I was them, I shut up until the game is about to go gold and then go crazy.

One to keep an eye on anyway, that's for sure.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

Cheers,
Quboid

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 09:57.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older