MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Demo

The MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Demo on FilePlanet (registration required) offers a downloadable version of the new stand-alone MechWarrior 4 game that puts players in the fiscally-motivated role of a mercenary. The demo is a 119 MB download, though no specifics are offered about what's included in the demo. A mirror has been posted on 3D Gamers. Details about this have been posted on GameSpyDaily, where they have word on the inclusion of two Halloran missions, a Solaris mission (set in the jungle), two multiplayer maps and four mechs.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

RAD!
Dec 2, 2002, 21:45
RAD! Dec 2, 2002, 21:45
Dec 2, 2002, 21:45

RAD!

Don't waste your time
Dec 2, 2002, 23:04
Don't waste your time Dec 2, 2002, 23:04
Dec 2, 2002, 23:04

I downloaded, installed, tried then uninstalled. The actual graphics in the game are pretty cool but the audio really sucks and the menus are static 2d faces. I feel this game doesn't have the same feel as the other Mechwarrior games that I have played.

Re: Don't waste your time
Dec 3, 2002, 04:50
Re: Don't waste your time Dec 3, 2002, 04:50
Dec 3, 2002, 04:50

Agreed. I gave this a good chance, played for a while, but it's just horrible. The whole thing just comes across as amateurish; the GUI is awful, the in-game textures are horrible, voice acting is horrible, and the game itself is no fun, just mind-numbingly unoriginal and boring...in fact nothing impressed me about it.

I may have been spoiled because I'd just been playing the German demo of Aquanox 2 - now that's how to design a game interface! The game is impressive, and even though I can't judge the depth of the gameplay yet given that I've only played one mission and it's all in German, I'm still blown away by the presentation and the feel of the game, and so far the engine and gameplay are very impressive too.

More of the same...
Dec 4, 2002, 01:27
More of the same... Dec 4, 2002, 01:27
Dec 4, 2002, 01:27

I played through it, and it was pretty much what everyone's saying: neet once you're driving a mech, but horrid GUI outside of it. In other words, it's exactly like Mech4. Worse even, becase the non-intutive menu system would actually sieze for over a second everytime I clicked somehing. You'd think a game that draws that awsome 3D enviroment could handle some bitmap menus!

www.o2tent.com
--
I like the Quake 3 Arena.
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer