America's Army Update Soon

The America's Army Website has word that a new version 1.4 of America's Army: Operations is on the way, and should be available by Thanksgiving (this Thursday). Word on the new version is it will offer a new map, binoculars for the leader, a new "Report In" feature, a new scoring system; honor reset; and the elimination of "several nasty bugs."
View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Priorities
Nov 26, 2002, 13:39
Re: Priorities Nov 26, 2002, 13:39
Nov 26, 2002, 13:39

its a fucking game idiot, it is NOT training software.

It's not that difficult to understand, my 12 year old cousin can grasp the concept, why cant you.

It's people like you that society should watch out for, as your too fucked in the head to understand the difference.

Someone already said it, you are one of the many media sheep. You are likely in one of the older than dirt generations that doesnt play or understand games, so you are willing to place the blame there. The real problem is the parents, whether they accept it or not, and its the media that pulls stuff like video games out of their asses that the rest of you cattle follow because you dont understand them.

Human beings are not lemmings, every one of us knows right from wrong. Its the people that are nuts to begin with that do the shootings, and thats not enough so people like you prove yourself even dumber than the shooters themselves and throw the blame nowhere near where it actually belongs.

"Everything you said about comraderie, teamwork, etc. could also be used to the advantage of terrorists. In a post 9/11 world do we really want to be putting this kind of potent training software into the hands of our enemies?"

Just when I thought you couldn't sound any stupider you say something like that. Do you really think Osama and his boys are lan-partying with video games to train? No, just like our military, they do REAL training, meaning everything about the simulations they play is real, except for the bullets. The army doesn't sit around playing video games and call it training. They are out in the woods or desert learning the things much more difficult that firing a gun, and not teachable by any game. Things like sleep deprivation, survival, search and rescue, self aid/buddy care. The few sims the military actually uses are for specialized training that is either too costly or dangerous to train normally.

Introduce some logic into your daily life, you might be surprised to realize things will actually make sense when you think about them for yourself, rather than absorbing what the news shovels out.

Nov 26, 2002, 08:49
Re: Priorities Nov 26, 2002, 08:49
Nov 26, 2002, 08:49

Maybe it should be more properly be called a "terrorist simulator". Two guys playing on a LAN head to head... each sees the other as a "terrorist". But if you ask them, oh no... I'm not a terrorist, Im really U.S. Military... the OTHER guy is the terrorist! Which is it really?

Everything you said about comraderie, teamwork, etc. could also be used to the advantage of terrorists. In a post 9/11 world do we really want to be putting this kind of potent training software into the hands of our enemies?

Nov 26, 2002, 08:14
Re: Priorities Nov 26, 2002, 08:14
Nov 26, 2002, 08:14

I have three things to say:

1. (mouse + keyboard) != (gun + trigger). Anyone who thinks so watches the news too blindly and needs to stop being such a sheep. They've also never fired a gun before.

2. The term "murder simulator" came from Lt. Col. David Grossman (Ret). The Army doesn't even lay claim to this guy. His lone "sources" are his hunches, which is the only thing that keep his books selling.

3. Every one of you needs to go see Bowling for Columbine - I saw it this weekend and it's a real eye-opener. Any the complaining that the media causes any violence will go away after seeing this flick.

Clips at http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/

Schnapple

http://members.tripod.com/schnapple99/
This comment was edited on Nov 26, 08:15.

Nov 26, 2002, 08:00
Re: Priorities Nov 26, 2002, 08:00
Nov 26, 2002, 08:00

You have to be pretty shallow to actually believe that any game, regardless of source is 1) "training" killers & 2) de-sensitizing people from violence.

The goal of the army game is suppose to be to show the public the comraderie, teamwork, and values of soldiers in the military, in the hopes someone will want to be a part of it. Most soldiers spend nearly all their careers training constantly. Training for the real thing, meaning out getting dirty, going against another squad of troops, testing tactics, movement, leadership, and the general ability to accomplish a given task. I've done my time for the country, and I am qualified to speak about your ignorant ass comment. You sound like another ignorant parent that hasn't got a clue in the world about how things work in real life... you need to get one.

I was taught
Nov 26, 2002, 05:57
I was taught Nov 26, 2002, 05:57
Nov 26, 2002, 05:57

At the age of 15 how to properly handle and fire a rifle.
I've been playing shooters since Wolfenstein, I listen to Nine Inch Nails and KMFDM, and yet I havn't killed anybody.
So much for video games and industrial music influencing that.
Murder simulator/trainer my left nut

Nov 26, 2002, 03:53
Re: Priorities Nov 26, 2002, 03:53
Nov 26, 2002, 03:53

The military trains people to apply force, within limits (there are rules to war) to achieve what in the end are political objectives. People often die in the process. It is not murder -- it does, all too often, involve killing. When neccesary. We call it "war". There are obvious differences between war and murder, in function, origin, scale and results.

Games, on the other hand are fun, nothing more. I'm surprised to find someone ignorant enough to use the term "murder simulator" about a game on a game site anyway... but then the depth of human stupidity often surprises me.

Nov 26, 2002, 01:36
Re: Priorities Nov 26, 2002, 01:36
Nov 26, 2002, 01:36

By that logic the military does nothing but train murderers anyway.

Priorities
Nov 26, 2002, 01:07
Priorities Nov 26, 2002, 01:07
Nov 26, 2002, 01:07

There's something very apropos about the U.S. military pushing out its own version of a murder simulator.

Re: This game keeps getting better
Nov 26, 2002, 01:04
Re: This game keeps getting better Nov 26, 2002, 01:04
Nov 26, 2002, 01:04

This is really intense in matches. Can't wait for the new report in feature!

This game keeps getting better
Nov 26, 2002, 00:01
This game keeps getting better Nov 26, 2002, 00:01
Nov 26, 2002, 00:01

And its FREE! America's Army is fun after you get the hang of it. Cant wait for the update.:)

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older