UT2003 Movie

German site PC Games Online has posted another UT2003 movie, showing off seven minutes of in-game footage from the upcoming sequel to UT in the works at Digital Extremes. The MPEG-format movie is available in higher (54 MB) and lower (20 MB) quality versions, and is accompanied by a batch of 30 new screenshots.
View : : :
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: My Problem is..
Sep 11, 2002, 12:49
Bronco

Re: My Problem is.. Sep 11, 2002, 12:49
Sep 11, 2002, 12:49
 Bronco

but there are a few of the new registered posters that seem to have a hard time posting without swearing profusely, much less attacking the other person. The short-term fix may live shorter than I thought...

True. I've noticed that some new posters have taken to creating usernames that are slightly different than an older poster. I've seen a couple of posts by what I thought was a regular only to see that this name has say, 3 posts. In one instance I think the account was pulled by Blue. Not so sure about the others.

We're heading towards 'moderated' boards...I only wonder how long it will take to get there. Also wondering if that is the right way to go.

-TPFKAS2S
-TPFKAS2S

Sep 11, 2002, 12:21
Re: My Problem is.. Sep 11, 2002, 12:21
Sep 11, 2002, 12:21

Not to name names (and effectively beat the subject to death), but there are a few of the new registered posters that seem to have a hard time posting without swearing profusely, much less attacking the other person. The short-term fix may live shorter than I thought...

Watching Changing Lanes,
Ray

--------------------------------------------------
Chugga, chugga, w00t w00t!!!!!!!111
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Re: ...
Sep 11, 2002, 09:29
Re: ... Sep 11, 2002, 09:29
Sep 11, 2002, 09:29

Chance,You're one of the few people on here who makes sense.

I'm looking forward to this game, as i am doom 3 etc... I wont judge a game without playing it. I heard a lot of good things about BF 1942, i played the demo and didn't like it, but im not going to waste my time slagging it off on any available thread.

Blue
Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Blue Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Sep 10, 2002, 02:12

Good Show

Sep 10, 2002, 00:20
Re: My Problem is.. Sep 10, 2002, 00:20
Sep 10, 2002, 00:20

Seriously -- attack the ideas presented and you are debating, attack someone personally and you are just being abusive. The latter needs to stop.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 00:23.
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Re: #52
Sep 9, 2002, 23:53
Re: #52 Sep 9, 2002, 23:53
Sep 9, 2002, 23:53

Well the upside here is that now we have nicks associated with worthless comments such as yours. I don't doubt this would have been an anon message a couple weeks ago...

Would you say this to someone's face? If not, try to restrain yourself and don't say it here.

Sheesh.

If you *would*, then you have serious problems to contemplate over your long, empty years ahead.

Sep 9, 2002, 19:25
Re: My Problem is.. Sep 9, 2002, 19:25
Sep 9, 2002, 19:25

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 10, 00:18.

Sep 9, 2002, 17:18
Re: My Problem is.. Sep 9, 2002, 17:18
Sep 9, 2002, 17:18

Your problem is that you claim to have no interest in UT2k3, but you are spending time not only reading about the game, but also taking the time to post about it.

BF1942 fan boys need not post here...

Sep 8, 2002, 18:07
Re: ... Sep 8, 2002, 18:07
Sep 8, 2002, 18:07

Hmmm... point by point.

#47: "Level design is on the average is horrible."

A matter of opinion as much as anything. SP levels should be immersive, giving the game it's atmosphere and provide a challenge to the player. Eye candy helps. What are your thoughts on level design? Have you done any?

#47: "Every SP FPS ive played had a retarded story line..."

Well, the key to most FP games is action. The storyline has to justify the action, not create a coherant universe. This is, IMO, the weakest point to most FP games so I don't really disagree with you. However, the player has to be *willing* to suspend disbelief or the best story in the world is useless. Get too critical and nothing works.

#47: "NO challange, hardly any games limit your saves now adays."

So... don't save. It's your call. Sometimes it just saves you retreading a lot of ground you've already covered. I usually don't save when I'm really involved in a game -- too busy

#47: "Once someone has played online and had a good game (no lamers running around screwing people's games up) , i don't see how you can enjoy SP anymore.... Fighting against real people whenever you want has been the best step forward in gaming history."

MP is great fun especially without any half wit idiots to mess it up, but it lacks the sense of involvement, of being elsewhere that, for me, a good SP game has. It also depends on you finding a good game, without any idiots. As AI improves the SP aspect of games will only get better. People, unfortunately, will never change.

#47: "Half Life was the last single player game i finished till the end , although the story was quite stupid and pretty much all of the AI suprises were just scripted events, i still was scared (and jumped in my seat) at least 10 times."

Actually only AvP and AvP2 have ever really scared me. I actually woke the wife up at 2:00 AM playing AvP. Still makes me laugh to think about her face (Me: "uhh... no I'm fine hun... it was just an... alien... uh"). Got her at about 1:30 playing AvP2 Other games have made me tense, but none have really scared me. That tension and focus means the game has really worked though. Immersion in the envronment. When I'm involved in a good game, SP or MP, I don't notice the interface, I just act -- I'm "there" as it were, not in front of a computer. That's what I love about FP games. MoH:AA did that for me. And if you're wondering how good it looked, my Dad is a WW II vet (yeah I'm that old...). When he saw me playing it, his eyes narrowed, his face tightened up, his whole body tensed and he said "That's not a game". He's seen a hundred war movies, games etc., only Saving Private Ryan and this game have elicited that type of reaction.

#47: "Im not a bandwagon jumper, i really enjoy Bf1942 and will continue to play it till a better game comes out... regardless of the title. UT2k3 WILL NOT be that game!"

Good... but why post in a UT2k3 thread then? Enjoy BF 1942. I thought it was all right, but it's not replacing MoH:AA MP for me. *shrug* To each their own, why bother to "recruit"? As to a games quality, I'm not precognizant. I'm not going to judge UT2k3 by a leaked beta anymore than I would judge BF 1942 by the issues it's sp demo (whose release was forced by a leak) had. Incidentally I liked BF 1942, especially MP, and am going to buy it, it's just not the be-all and end-all of my gaming life. It's kind of a beer and pretzels game for me -- the physics and lack of realism remove it from being a WW II game. It has the look, but not the feel, in short.

Sep 8, 2002, 09:27
... Sep 8, 2002, 09:27
Sep 8, 2002, 09:27

47: I think if you have a problem with the single player game not having good story you are in the wrong genre... FPS is not known for story driven games but action driven. The odd one out probably being Half-Life but if you think hard about it, not really.. aliens invade earth, lone gunman saves earth.. what FPS does not follow that?? I love FPS, shooting the crap out of aliens is my favourite pass time... play some Serious Sam 1 or 2... 2 is better though... lots-o-action!! that's what fPS is about. You also get the more slower paced FPS that I'm not all that interested in because it's not my style. Doom3 will be slower paced BUT.. shooting the crap out of zombies and hell demons is just as fun as aliens!!. The point... almost forgot.. FPS is not the most story driven games although you get some that try and come out better for it and sometimes worse.. SOF2 anyone?? With all the talk of Doom3 being very story driven I doubt it would make that big of impact on the action id is known for... wether you follow the story or not you'll have fun playing the game. So with UT2003 also... U2.. and so on..

My head hurts...!!!

Sep 8, 2002, 04:52
... Sep 8, 2002, 04:52
Sep 8, 2002, 04:52

MOH:AA a good single player game... HAHAHAHA

you make me laugh.

I did play though this SP game 60% , it was the same damn level over and over again.

The only challange came on the sniper level, and the only real challange was that they hide enemies everywhere (i play everything on the hardest game setting) , it wasn't really hard, you just had to find them....

I will give MOH a little credit, i liked the medal system, hidden quests in levels.... but there wasn't much reward for trying to get them all.... not to mention they didn't include a way in the game to get the Purple Heart (or one of the medals, i can't quite remember the name).

Sep 8, 2002, 04:43
... Sep 8, 2002, 04:43
Sep 8, 2002, 04:43

Single Player Game Problems:

Level design is on the average is horrible.

Every SP FPS ive played had a retarded story line, after the 2nd or 3rd level im skipping all the movies already.

EASY AS FUCK..... Unreal gets the prize for being the hardest, the AI was great.

NO challange, hardly any games limit your saves now adays. Save/Reload Save/Reload Save/Reload Save/Reload Save/Reload Save/Reload , it gets boring. (i like how "the thing" and games like it handle saving, you can only save at cetain points, otherwise you have to start the level over again)

Once someone has played online and had a good game (no lamers running around screwing people's games up) , i don't see how you can enjoy SP anymore.... Fighting against real people whenever you want has been the best step forward in gaming history.

Half Life was the last single player game i finished till the end , although the story was quite stupid and pretty much all of the AI suprises were just scripted events, i still was scared (and jumped in my seat) at least 10 times.

Im not a bandwagon jumper, i really enjoy Bf1942 and will continue to play it till a better game comes out... regardless of the title. UT2k3 WILL NOT be that game!

Sep 7, 2002, 19:59
... Sep 7, 2002, 19:59
Sep 7, 2002, 19:59

Single player rocks and Deathmatch is hella fun. To fuck with all you bandwagon jumpers.

I really despise what CS did to gaming, it lowered that average IQ around 60 points.

Whats wrong with you people? Dont like following a story? What the hell is wrong with SP?

Sep 7, 2002, 19:55
Re: ... Sep 7, 2002, 19:55
Sep 7, 2002, 19:55

Hey Obi-Wan that was my spiel! Thanks for saying it for me, pretty much word for word I need some variety. All of any one game style gets old. Team games are fun, when people play like a team, but there's nothing quite like a little dm action. And with as many good sp fps that have come out recently (JK2, AvP2, MoH:AA, to name a few) I can't see declaring sp dead. If everybody who bought these games, and others, was on-line the servers would be packed like sardine cans, so unless they were bought for the pretty cover art there must be a lot of people playing sp.

Re: No subject
Sep 7, 2002, 17:23
Re: No subject Sep 7, 2002, 17:23
Sep 7, 2002, 17:23

Thanks Obi-Wan

Ouff, 17kb/sec!

Sep 7, 2002, 17:19
... Sep 7, 2002, 17:19
Sep 7, 2002, 17:19

I thought I was the only one getting the kak download speed...

On the DM or SP games being dead I cannot agree. DM only maybe is a bad idea but SP only is not. AVP2 is not SP only game but has some of the best SP experience of all the new shooters out, so does JK2 if you get past the temple and earn some Jedi powers. SP games will always be good. DM I think although old and the first MP for FPS is still the only real skill test for individual players. No type of team game can you ever say that and CS just depend on strongest or biggest gun, not so in Q3A. I think it probably comes down to this old and 100% true saying... different strokes for different okes!..

Looooooooong live the FPS!!!!!

Thanks #37.....
Sep 7, 2002, 15:09
Thanks #37..... Sep 7, 2002, 15:09
Sep 7, 2002, 15:09

...now is there anyway you can get the Germans to pony up for some more bandwidth?

I never bought UT because I was on the "Death Match Is Dead" bandwagon about six months after Q2 hit the shelves. If it doesn't require team tactics and/or have objectives that drive the gameplay I won't play it more than a few hours. So if they can pull off those multiplayer game-types and options I will give the game a go. But most likely it will be the engine and the mods that will do it for me, not the same ole shit (DM) from 5 years ago.

I figure they would have learned from Q3 that old school DM is fun for a couple hours but is so old news.

Sep 7, 2002, 15:06
... Sep 7, 2002, 15:06
Sep 7, 2002, 15:06

only reason CS stayed around so long is because there was NOTHING else to play....

Epic dropped the ball and let other titles be released, UT2k3 is lost in the dust. and as for U2 , hahahaha single player is dead, wake up.

Re: game advertisements
Sep 7, 2002, 12:37
Re: game advertisements Sep 7, 2002, 12:37
Sep 7, 2002, 12:37

#35.

Ads that go to the stores are planned out anywhere from 3-6 months. SO! If they believed EPIC about releasing the game, they ASSUMED they would have it. Threfore, to get a jump, they put it in their ad. Best Buy has made such mistakes, and when you went in the store there were big signs that said they screwed up.

(Target plans their ad almost 6 months in advance.)
Reality....Never touch the stuff myself.
Gets in the way of the hallucinations.

Sep 7, 2002, 12:20
Re: ... Sep 7, 2002, 12:20
Sep 7, 2002, 12:20

Thanks #37!

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older