UT2003 Demo Update

A post to the Infogrames Forums (thanks Alex Judge and Unreality) by Epic's CliffyB offers an update on the UT2003 demo, which he promises will be "not much longer" (not that we haven't heard that before, so an accompanying grain of salt is recommended). According to the update, the reworked menus are being ironed out, the server browser is almost finished, and they are focusing on testing the maps that are shipping with the demo. He goes on to outline some details about the four maps to be included, and concludes by adding: "One thing that I'm excited about with the new UT - all of the gametypes will be very fun and viable online. Assault and the original Domination, as much as I love them, had some issues that prevented them from reaching their full potential online. Dom 2.0 and Bombing Run are right up there with CTF and other gametypes!" Attempting to stave off the inevitable effort folks put into misinterpreting such things while hedging on the definition of 'not much longer,' a follow-up post from Cliff reminds us: "I did NOT promise a date. We could be more than 2 weeks away still."
View : : :
73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Demo this week
Sep 10, 2002, 11:50
Demo this week Sep 10, 2002, 11:50
Sep 10, 2002, 11:50

Re: No subject
Sep 10, 2002, 11:38
Re: No subject Sep 10, 2002, 11:38
Sep 10, 2002, 11:38

the UT2k3 demo should be released by the end of the week. Look on th ina-community forum...

No subject
Sep 10, 2002, 02:39
No subject Sep 10, 2002, 02:39
Sep 10, 2002, 02:39

I care less for UT2K3 im a 1942 BF all the way!!!!NO game can compare period.Careless if UT2K3 ever comes out.
http://www.ausgamers.com/stream/stream.php?id=3188&filename=high-battlefield_1942-ects_trailer.wmv

This games rules
Sep 9, 2002, 01:05
This games rules Sep 9, 2002, 01:05
Sep 9, 2002, 01:05

I really am loving this demo!
I had been playing alot of RTCF MP but this is alot better, I still like the player movement maybe alittle bit better and the classes seem to pan out better in RTCF but there is just so much depth added to BF1942 from the planes and tanks and jeeps, almost everything you see you can interact with, that is a turrent or even the battle ships are steerable!
The first time you get shot out of the sky eject out of the plane parchute down to the ground and then take out 4 or 5 guys to capture a base, is really awsome, games just keep getting better and better huh! I am really starting to like the older tanks and WWII battles alot more than the future look of q3 and Unreal more everyday, adds alot more flaver and character to the game.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 01:07.

Re: <YAWN>
Sep 8, 2002, 23:14
me
Re: <YAWN> Sep 8, 2002, 23:14
Sep 8, 2002, 23:14
me

HAHA Man that is sooo true. Its like "look, we dont care, just shutup and make the game!" Im tired of hearing about it, just shut up... and do it.

Same goes for duke4ever! Either make it or shutup! Dont keep talking about it. Just do it!

Re: Cancer (was Re: Well...)
Sep 8, 2002, 00:42
Re: Cancer (was Re: Well...) Sep 8, 2002, 00:42
Sep 8, 2002, 00:42

Ray
About 2 years ago I had my own scare with pancreatic cancer and spent 3 months on my back in some "fine" medical care. I was taking bets at one point on which would kill me first, my pancreas or the docs...but being the stubborn ass that I am, I didn't give either the pleasure and I'm still around and kicking.
The fear, hopelessness and then miraculous redemption of your mother is at once touching and heartrending. I can only begin to appreciate the type of strife that you've gone through, and the misery and turmoil you've needed to endure. I've managed to deal, as has my family and I'm certain that you could as well. I'm not pitching a religion, and I don't think that positive thinking is the way to go. Just be angry and determined...get your game face on and keep it there, and just want it more - think of it as a real nice headshot streak in counter-strike or a splendid castle siege in AOE...you can see it, just keep fighting for it until it kills you or you win.

You and your family has my most profound respect and admiration, and I hope others in this meager excuse for a conversation will join me in wishing you the best of luck and the best of health...should you ever want to talk, I'm bc5979@aol.

Health and Long Live,

Brian P. Cleary

Sep 7, 2002, 20:25
Re: Cancer (was Re: Well...) Sep 7, 2002, 20:25

I'm speechles. Granted Ray, I have no clue who you are, nor you I. I myself went through a colon cancer scare about 1.5 to 2 years ago. Just to find out it was an overactive bowel being activated by stress (every one say faq you Dell) I lost my job three days after finding out i didn;'t have cancer. I lost my favorite Aunt to cancer, I lost my birth aunt to cancer, and almost lost a cousin to it. I can only imagine what you are going through. I am not an overly religous person, but i must say, that your mother has an Angel looking over her.

tempus

http://www.excelbydesign.net/tempus

Re: Cancer (was Re: Well...) Sep 7, 2002, 20:25

I'm speechles. Granted Ray, I have no clue who you are, nor you I. I myself went through a colon cancer scare about 1.5 to 2 years ago. Just to find out it was an overactive bowel being activated by stress (every one say faq you Dell) I lost my job three days after finding out i didn;'t have cancer. I lost my favorite Aunt to cancer, I lost my birth aunt to cancer, and almost lost a cousin to it. I can only imagine what you are going through. I am not an overly religous person, but i must say, that your mother has an Angel looking over her.

tempus

http://www.excelbydesign.net/tempus

Sep 6, 2002, 15:48
Re: Cancer (was Re: Well...) Sep 6, 2002, 15:48
Sep 6, 2002, 15:48

I hope everything works out well with your mom. Let me tell you do things with your mom now; you will never forgive yourself if it’s too late. I know. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer on Christmas day (Christmas has always been a black day since), the cancer spread to her lymph nodes and was inoperable, she died six months later. My dad was a wreck for the longest time after, so we never knew to do any consoling or anything, but I was lucky (or unlucky) since I found video games I would play for all hours trying to lose myself in them, they did help a little but I think at the cost of a normal social life. So I guess, back to the subject, yes I am very excited about ut2003, because of that.

Graphics and Fun
Sep 6, 2002, 04:25
Graphics and Fun Sep 6, 2002, 04:25
Sep 6, 2002, 04:25

I have to say that part of the reason I like a good FPS session is sometimes for the graphics. While getting a silky-smooth running game is always great, it's nice occasionally to kick the settings up higher and endure some choppiness from time to time in order to appreciate the environment I was running in. Serious Sam was phenomenal for that, and added a big run-and-shoot factor as well.

UT2003 looks like it's going to fulfill all those requirements, with the exception of the "lots of enemies with minimal slowdown" factor.
"Irony is good for the blood." -- S.E.K.

Sep 6, 2002, 02:19
WarPig

Re: Cancer (was Re: Well...) Sep 6, 2002, 02:19
Sep 6, 2002, 02:19
 WarPig

I remember when you first mentioned about your mother back around Christmas time (I think) and I had been wondering how things were going but never could think of a good way to ask - especially on a gaming site.

So, like everybody else here I'm sure, I wish your mother and your whole family well.

*** As usual, I could be wrong. But really, what are the odds of that happening twice? ***

Sep 6, 2002, 00:42
Re: Cancer (was Re: Well...) Sep 6, 2002, 00:42
Sep 6, 2002, 00:42

I wish your mother the best Ray, but what a mind job there. Ouch. I thought I was going to read up on somebody else's views on the game or something.

Anyways. There was this dog that had cancer REAL bad. This vet did this experimental "cocktail" of anit cancer drugs on the dog and guess what. The dog was COMPLETELY cured of cancer! Completely. Ask a doctor about it. He would know about this story. The aritcle was in the USA Today about a month and a half ago. Of coarse I don't think they have tried this on humans yet. But, I'd ask about it. Who knows. If the chance is there, sometimes you just have to say fuck it.

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

Cancer (was Re: Well...)
Sep 5, 2002, 23:06
Cancer (was Re: Well...) Sep 5, 2002, 23:06
Sep 5, 2002, 23:06

I cannot really say much about my gaming habit other than it works for me. It is really just a matter of taste, I presume; I have been an avid gamer ever since age four. In general, I am a straightforward and analytical person in day to day life (I am aware none of that shows up in my posts, but they are generally humorous in nature...) and gaming is a nice break from everything. I both tend to breeze throug them quickly and I think that games have an amazingly endless, if nowhere close to being fulfilled, potential.

As for my mother, it has been...I do not know what to say other than just how it has been. It has been everything from a profound struggle to a deep changing of myself as a person. It goes on day by day and we do what we can. To myself, it all seems like it happened yesterday, yet looking at a calendar makes me aware of the fact that it has been over eight months now (first came down with jaundice-mass causing pancreas to swell, blocking off liver duct-two weeks or so before Christmas).

To sum things up, things started out bad, became terrible, were marked as being hopeless, and have taken an amazing route. I'm not sure what to say, what I should say, what I could say, so I will cheat and just number them:

1. Comes down with jaundice, leads to hospital visit, leads to scans, leads to cancer.

2. Pancreatic cancer, one of the "worst" cancers to have, medium sized tumor.

3. Took three separate surgeries/procedures to put stint into liver duct; wait some time (can't recall...one to two weeks?) waiting for the liver to drain.

4. Have main surgery; goes for eight or so hours. Unable to do a single thing; mass was slightly larger than expected, but mass was wrapped around major artery in area. Current-day medical science has no way of performing surgery on major artery; only other option was very experiemental procedure at Stanford (try to replace main artery with jugular artery system); not something they would perform at El Camino hospital, something that is questioned as even being effective.

5. The mass is left unaffected. With this type of cancer, you need to take everything out or do nothing at all; when only partially removed, the cancer's growth rate will more than quadruple.

6. Given less than 1% chance of recovery, expected to live no longer than six to nine months.

7. Chemotherapy deemed pointless; one of least responsive to chemotherapy cancers; deemed implausible due to none of the mass being removed.

8. Against all suggestions, chemotherapy is undertaken.

9. Profoundly, the cancer seems to be in remission. The closest thing that we can come to describing this is a miracle; the last CT scan (some...two? months back) was unable to find any mass. She still has cancer on a cellular level, her tumor marker is still double the normal, but even that is decreasing (was three to four times the normal level). This is just text and I am not going into full detail, be I cannont stress how...how this simply does not happen.

10. We keep on doing chemotherapy, just going along as we do. Surgery was a failure, there isn't really anything to perform surgery on at the moment, she does have cancer, tumor marker seems to still be coming down, will likely do another CT scan in a month or two, mother is quite sick (had to heal from massive surgery, has liver disease from the jaundice/blockage, pancreas is performing at lower level, she undergoes chemotherapy three out of every four weeks), and none of us really knows what is going on, just that things are going better than we could have ever expected.

In essence, brief and convoluted as that is, thats where things are. It is a mixture of good and bad, not wanting to be too hopeful or pessimistic, and not wanting to presume anything. As stated earlier, things are just how they are and we live through them day by day.

Above all, appreciate life-every aspect of it.

Lying if not admitting to being scared and having watery eyes,
Ray

Edit: Let me just apologize now for the poor grammar and typing mistakes; I do not have a burning urge to go through all the text again.
--------------------------------------------------
Chugga, chugga, w00t w00t!!!!!!!111
This comment was edited on Sep 6, 03:56.
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Sep 5, 2002, 22:59
Re: No subject Sep 5, 2002, 22:59
Sep 5, 2002, 22:59

Thanks! I think my computer can run it just at low! i mean every thign is perfect about my comp except my vid card! go fiqure! i have an intel 82810E!

Sep 5, 2002, 22:33
Re: No subject Sep 5, 2002, 22:33
Sep 5, 2002, 22:33

System requirements (from the Infogrammes page):

Operating System: WIN 98/ME/2000/XP
CPU: Pentium III or AMD Athlon 733MHz processor (*Pentium® or AMD 1.0 GHz or greater RECOMMENDED)
Memory: 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM or greater RECOMMENDED)
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
CD ROM or CD/DVD ROM: 8X
Audio System: Windows® compatible sound card (*Sound Blaster® Audigy(tm) series sound card RECOMMENDED) (NVIDIA® nForce&#8482; or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio. Also RECOMMENDED)
Video System: 3D Accelerator card with 16 MB VRAM (*32-128 MB VRAM RECOMMENDED) 16 MB TNT2-class DirectX® version 6 compliant video card. (*NVIDIA GeForce 2/ATI Radeon RECOMMENDED) DirectX® version 8.1 (Included on game disc)
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. *Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem

No subject
Sep 5, 2002, 20:49
No subject Sep 5, 2002, 20:49
Sep 5, 2002, 20:49

does any one know what the specs will be?

Bitch-O-Meter
Sep 5, 2002, 17:04
Bitch-O-Meter Sep 5, 2002, 17:04
Sep 5, 2002, 17:04

Is this speech really free?

Re: Bitch-O-Meter
Sep 5, 2002, 12:58
Re: Bitch-O-Meter Sep 5, 2002, 12:58
Sep 5, 2002, 12:58

"If your rated a 10 on the meter by a large amount of members you get axed from posting for a week."

I agree... down with free speech!!!
I really shouldn't have posted on this thread. My machine won't be able to run this game anyways. That should be another rule. You can only post on games you can run with a certain minimum frame rate.

Bitch-O-Meter
Sep 5, 2002, 12:20
Bitch-O-Meter Sep 5, 2002, 12:20
Sep 5, 2002, 12:20

This board needs a Bitch-O-Meter. Let everyone vote on peoples posts. If your rated a 10 on the meter by a large amount of members you get axed from posting for a week. Ground these little baby bitchers.

its sad
Sep 5, 2002, 09:07
its sad Sep 5, 2002, 09:07
Sep 5, 2002, 09:07

the sad thing is that they have a great engine that gives GREAT graphics and anyone who wants to play the game "proffesionaly" will turn off EVERYTHING. Just like q3....

73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older