Delta Force: Black Hawk Down Revealed

GameSpot's Delta Force: Black Hawk Down preshow report offers the announcement that "Novalogic is currently working a new multiplatform Delta Force game." "(S)et in 1993 during Operation Restore Hope, in which Delta Force and US Army Rangers participated in a number of raids against Somali warlords," the game is described as "based on Black Hawk Down" (which we'll assume means the movie). The game is expected to ship for the PC late this year, and for the Xbox and PS2 in 2003. The Xbox version will feature online support, though from the following quote it can be inferred that the PC version will offer more in the way of features than its counterparts:
In the PC version of the game, you'll be able to control a number of ground and aerial vehicles, including humvees and attack choppers, and even use mounted weapons. Firefights will occur in close quarters, but some will be designed to take place at long range to model Delta Force's signature long-range engagements. The weapons in the game are based on the same weapons used in Operation Restore Hope.
Update: NovaLogic has now issued a press release to formally announce Delta Force - Black Hawk Down, and a teaser site is also online.
View : : :

Delta Force Missions
May 22, 2002, 12:32
Delta Force Missions May 22, 2002, 12:32
May 22, 2002, 12:32

I wonder what other missions they'll include besides the one where the choppers get shot down. It would be great to be able to control the Apaches when they blast apart the conference room where all of Somalia's warlords are gathered to discuss how to help the US depose Mohammed Farah Aidid.

Actually, if you get a chance to watch the History Channel's documentary on the whole Operation Restore Hope thing, it does a great job of showing how our presence in Somalia displayed typical levels of mismanagement on the part of the military, cowardice from the Oval Office (after things went to hell), and heroism on the part of the ground forces/air support (though why they had to circle low enough to be hit by rpg fire - especially after the first copter went down - is beyond me. But I have no military training so I accept that there was probably a reason).

Just my $.02. It does sound like it might be a fun game.

Sith

Date
Subject
Author
May 22, 2002May 22 2002
Delta Force Missions
May 22, 2002May 22 2002
anon@68.96
May 22, 2002May 22 2002
May 31, 2002May 31 2002
anon@64.108
Jul 18, 2002Jul 18 2002