Delta Force: Black Hawk Down Revealed

GameSpot's Delta Force: Black Hawk Down preshow report offers the announcement that "Novalogic is currently working a new multiplatform Delta Force game." "(S)et in 1993 during Operation Restore Hope, in which Delta Force and US Army Rangers participated in a number of raids against Somali warlords," the game is described as "based on Black Hawk Down" (which we'll assume means the movie). The game is expected to ship for the PC late this year, and for the Xbox and PS2 in 2003. The Xbox version will feature online support, though from the following quote it can be inferred that the PC version will offer more in the way of features than its counterparts:
In the PC version of the game, you'll be able to control a number of ground and aerial vehicles, including humvees and attack choppers, and even use mounted weapons. Firefights will occur in close quarters, but some will be designed to take place at long range to model Delta Force's signature long-range engagements. The weapons in the game are based on the same weapons used in Operation Restore Hope.
Update: NovaLogic has now issued a press release to formally announce Delta Force - Black Hawk Down, and a teaser site is also online.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Delta Force Missions
Jul 18, 2002, 01:42
anon@66.119
Re: Delta Force Missions Jul 18, 2002, 01:42
Jul 18, 2002, 01:42
anon@66.119

I am not to sure if they have contacted the families but from what I have heard Novalogic is getting help from some of the soldiers who fought in Mogadishu in 93 during the raid which saw 18 American soldiers dead but Mark Bowden who wrote the book Black Hawk Down does not want anything to do with the game. I hope the game is good and multiplayer is included for the ps2 version.

Jul 18, 2002, 01:41
anon@66.119
Re: Delta Force Missions Jul 18, 2002, 01:41
Jul 18, 2002, 01:41
anon@66.119

I am not to sure if they have contacted the families but from what I have heard Novalogic is getting help from some of the soldiers who fought in Mogadishu in 93 during the raid which saw 18 American soldiers dead but Mark Bowden who wrote the book Black Hawk Down does want anythign to do with the game. I hope the game is good and multiplayer is included for the ps2 version.

May 31, 2002, 20:54
anon@64.108
Re: Delta Force Missions May 31, 2002, 20:54
May 31, 2002, 20:54
anon@64.108

quote: I wonder if anyone at NovaLogic contacted any of the people who fought in that battle or the families of the soldiers who were killed to see if they thought this was a good idea. I belong to an on-line community where several of these people frequent the msg boards, and I know where they stand on the issue of video games based on the '93 battle in Somalia.

I hope that if they do go ahead and make the game, that they at least have the sense to not include the real names or likenesses of any of the real heros who fought there.
end quote:

Did the makers of these games contact the families of WW2
victims for Medal Of Honor or Return to castle wolfenstein? Bet you didn't have one thing to say about those games. Your probably a person who seen movies like Titanic and Peal Harbor which made a mockery out of horrible events from the past by making them into love stories and loved them.
It is just mind boggling how there all these games based on real events and people just seem to pick out one out of the bunch.

May 22, 2002, 15:16
Re: Delta Force Missions May 22, 2002, 15:16
May 22, 2002, 15:16

I wonder if anyone at NovaLogic contacted any of the people who fought in that battle or the families of the soldiers who were killed to see if they thought this was a good idea. I belong to an on-line community where several of these people frequent the msg boards, and I know where they stand on the issue of video games based on the '93 battle in Somalia.

I hope that if they do go ahead and make the game, that they at least have the sense to not include the real names or likenesses of any of the real heros who fought there.

May 22, 2002, 14:18
anon@68.96
Re: Delta Force Missions May 22, 2002, 14:18
May 22, 2002, 14:18
anon@68.96

Great idea! Too bad they chose a dogshit game to create it under, and a dog shit community! Deltaforce is nothing but a campers game, with horrible graphics! Why put an honorable name/game under it? Ah well, every dog has its day *shrug*

Delta Force Missions
May 22, 2002, 12:32
Delta Force Missions May 22, 2002, 12:32
May 22, 2002, 12:32

I wonder what other missions they'll include besides the one where the choppers get shot down. It would be great to be able to control the Apaches when they blast apart the conference room where all of Somalia's warlords are gathered to discuss how to help the US depose Mohammed Farah Aidid.

Actually, if you get a chance to watch the History Channel's documentary on the whole Operation Restore Hope thing, it does a great job of showing how our presence in Somalia displayed typical levels of mismanagement on the part of the military, cowardice from the Oval Office (after things went to hell), and heroism on the part of the ground forces/air support (though why they had to circle low enough to be hit by rpg fire - especially after the first copter went down - is beyond me. But I have no military training so I accept that there was probably a reason).

Just my $.02. It does sound like it might be a fun game.

Sith

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older