Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior 4: Inner Sphere Gold

This post on the DropShipCommand forums by producer TJ "Paingod" Wagner announces that the Inner Sphere Mech Pak for MechWarrior 4 has gone gold, and this expansion for the stomping 3D action game by FASA Studios is expected to ship in a few weeks. Thanks SuperGreg for the tip.

View
10. What? May 20, 2002, 09:09 theyarecomingforyou

Mechwarrior 4 is great. It's FAR better than the dire MW3 and still has very good graphics and multiplayer mode. The only wierd thing about it is that the official Microsoft site only shows the 1.5 patch and the game site shows the 2.0 patch as the latest. Seems a pretty big oversight.

Mechwarrior 2 was pretty good as I remember it, though - if I remember correctly - it featured a bit too heavily with fog.

MW4 is quite old now and so releasing addons does seem a bit on the futile side. Yeah, the game still has good graphics, but once a game has been uninstalled many gamers are too lazy to put it back on, even if it only takes like 5 or 10 minutes to install. I wish with Half-Life they had released MORE addons... it was such a good game I would have happily splashed out of addons for it but instead they only released Op For and Blue Shift - nothing really radical in either. I would have liked to have seen at least 5 addons with far more diverse levels and gameplay.

LOL... when you want addons you don't get them, and when a game has been left this long you hardly even care for addons but still they spin them out. Perhaps they should have worked a bit harder on getting these out a lot earlier.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 19, 20:17 I know, I know... Ray Marden
  2. May 19, 20:38  Re: I know, I know... Shataan
  3. May 19, 20:52   Re: I know, I know... anon@12.228
  4. May 19, 21:19  Re: I know, I know... anon@12.250
  5. May 20, 01:17  Re: I know, I know... nin
  6. May 20, 01:18  Re: I know, I know... anon@207.12
  7. May 20, 02:06   Re: I know, I know... Hyatus
  8. May 20, 03:12    Re: I know, I know... JoeBlack
  11. May 21, 00:47     Re: I know, I know... anon@12.228
  12. May 21, 05:47      Re: I know, I know... anon@206.16