Chris Taylor Interview

GameSpot Australia got a hold of Chris Taylor during his tour down under to promote Dungeon Siege, the upcoming 3D role-playing game by his company Gas Powered Games. Chris talks about his goals for the game, the control over the player's party, the difference and similarities between the single- and multiplayer game, the character classes and their respective equipment, the Siege Editor and gmax modelling tool that will ship with the game, features that didn't make it in, their unannounced future projects and lots more. Here is a quote on that last topic:
GameSpot: Finally, your game Total Annihilation is widely considered to be one of the best real-time strategy games ever made. Do you have any desire to revisit that genre?

Chris Taylor: Oh, absolutely. Absolutely. We talk about it occasionally and I try to put it out of all of our minds, because we don't wanna be distracted, we're working on Dungeon Siege. There's nothing, I mean imagine, you go to lunch, you're busy on Dungeon Siege and you start talking about an RTS game, then that consumes your thought. And it really makes it difficult to go back to work. And focusing people is a difficult enough task as it is, without adding a distraction. So that's a complete tangent, to answering your question. I'm giving you some developer stuff. Some of my challenges. But the truth is yes, we're very excited and we'll likely start an RTS project later this year. It's sequelling this (Dungeon Siege) and working on an RTS game. Both of those are as yet officially un-announced.
View : : :

Two Chris Taylor's
Feb 8, 2002, 00:15
Two Chris Taylor's Feb 8, 2002, 00:15
Feb 8, 2002, 00:15

For clarity, that is NOT Chris Taylor from the Fallout series. It's the Chris Taylor from Total Annihilation. Chris N. Taylor from Black Isle is currently working with Universal.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Date
Subject
Author
Feb 8, 2002Feb 8 2002
Feb 8, 2002Feb 8 2002
Two Chris Taylor's