Diablo II Exploit Investigation

An update on Battle.net has the initial response by Blizzard to this morning's report of character hacks in Diablo II (story). According to their investigation, no evidence has emerged that the hacks actually occurred, nor have they been able to reproduce the steps to perform the hack, for "The hack as described would be impossible, given the architecture of Battle.net." They do invite further, detailed information concerning this or possible other hacks to be submitted to hacks@blizzard.com.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Blizzard...
Jan 17, 2002, 13:01
Re: Blizzard... Jan 17, 2002, 13:01
Jan 17, 2002, 13:01

you obviously haven't spent much time playing blizzard games, battle.net has an absolutely horrible track record when it comes to exploits, they happen early and often and blizzard is extremely slow in reacting to them, the primary reason I stopped playing starcraft is that the only times you could play a game and be confident other people weren't using map cheats is if you only played in the week following the release of a patch (which only happens every few months). In the first year or so starcraft was out they even allowed someone to play in the tournament finals who had his record reset multiple times that season for blatently cheating and who was blatently cheating in the semifinal matches, they really don't care.

Jan 17, 2002, 10:27
anon@137.54
Re: Blizzard... Jan 17, 2002, 10:27
Jan 17, 2002, 10:27
anon@137.54

>Blizzard is so well known for being hacked and cheated upon

Actually, almnost every online game I can think of has hacks (Quake aim bots, CS wall hacks, etc.). I don't think Blizzard has a worse track record than others, it's just that they mostly make online games.

Jan 17, 2002, 07:00
anon@67.97
Re: Blizzard... Jan 17, 2002, 07:00
Jan 17, 2002, 07:00
anon@67.97

This makes me VERY worried for World Of Warcraft...

Blizzard is so well known for being hacked and cheated upon (WC2BE, SC, D, D2 have all had hacks or cheating porblems, and I can almost guarantee you that WC3 will join that list) that the first .. and I do mean very first thing I thought when they announced WOW was how long is it going to take before *IT* gets hacked.

Its always funny when Blizzard releases a new game they ALWAY announce that it is battle.net hack proof. Hmmm

Blizzard...
Jan 17, 2002, 03:44
Blizzard... Jan 17, 2002, 03:44
Jan 17, 2002, 03:44

the ostriches of the gaming world. There's a few threads about this over on diabloii.net; I think there are enough posts to give the problem some veracity in most people's eyes.

http://forum.diabloii.net/forumwww/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=comforum&Number=243697&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=

www.matthewrorie.com
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older