The Druid King Demo

Russian site Game.EXE has posted a playable demo of The Druid King, the isometric RTS with adventure and role-playing elements under construction at Bulgarian developers Haemimont Games. In case your Russian vocabulary doesn't extend beyond Da and Njet, not to worry, as you can also view the page through Babel Fish and the 85.7 MB demo itself is in English. Update: The demo turned out to be an old alpha version that was not meant for public distribution, so we have removed the links to it.
View : : :
95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

To All
Jan 23, 2002, 15:46
nmg
To All Jan 23, 2002, 15:46
Jan 23, 2002, 15:46
nmg

Wow.

Fredrickson definately hit this one on the head. I don't know why a lot of people have a problem with him or respond to him, guess they're just new to blues news. If you see a 'Popular Thread' above 75, you know Fred hijacked it; don't read--it unless you can appreciate it's dark humor.

Take a look at his previous posts; the evolution (devolution?) of his wit is astounding... He is a honed thread hijacker and can only be beat by people ignoring him--which, by the volume of replies he has under his belt seems unlikely to happen.

Anyway, fredrickson can gravitate so much bullshit into one thread it's almost an art.

Kudos Fred
Keep the comedy alive

NMG

--"An eye for an eye would make the world blind" -Gandhi
--"A tooth for a tooth would be great for Jello." -NMG
NMG

---
Not Much Good

Re: 79
Jan 23, 2002, 08:41
anon@24.197
Re: 79 Jan 23, 2002, 08:41
Jan 23, 2002, 08:41
anon@24.197

The russians are massiving attack forces on your country now communism will live again

Re: Countries
Jan 23, 2002, 08:38
anon@24.197
Re: Countries Jan 23, 2002, 08:38
Jan 23, 2002, 08:38
anon@24.197

Wtf is this looks like world wide summit on the net. I thought this was a gaming board you stupid shits.

Re: No subject
Jan 23, 2002, 08:29
anon@208.190
Re: No subject Jan 23, 2002, 08:29
Jan 23, 2002, 08:29
anon@208.190

Wrong d00d.

That was addressed to anyone in this thread that generalizes Americans as being trash, sux, living pipe dreams, puppets, and all the other inflammatory comments that were posed toward us. They wanted a response. They got one.

Was not meant to belittle others in Cuba, Russia, or any other country for that matter. Land of the Dorks heh. Real intelligent there bub. Whatever. I've said what's on my mind. gbye.
Thanks.
-Wide

No subject
Jan 23, 2002, 07:10
anon@195.255
No subject Jan 23, 2002, 07:10
Jan 23, 2002, 07:10
anon@195.255

"...I hope some day you have leaders that 'go to bat' for you like ours do..."

You're talking about democracy like everybody who disses #4 (Mr. Feredrickson..) comes from Cuba or Russia.

Stop generalizing!

You've got the freedom of speech, but so does any other democratic country.

BTW. here's a true story that made me laugh my ass off:

There's a great demand for wireless corporate technology in Europe. I happen to work in this field. When our product was showcased in the US we had to start by explaining why anybody would want to have text in their cellphones! Jeez, everybody seems to be still carrying those stupid pagers there. The land of the Dorks!

Re: #66 plus a few others
Jan 22, 2002, 18:53
anon@24.242
Re: #66 plus a few others Jan 22, 2002, 18:53
Jan 22, 2002, 18:53
anon@24.242

I tried to let it go...

...I can't. To the guys that made attempts in vain to keep this thread on the Druid topic, I applaud you. I'll download the demo right after I type this. And apologies for going against your wishes.

Hi. I'm 31 and live in America. I'm a Team Manager for a leading router support group, drive an awesome car, have a great wife, own my home, and do whatever I want when I want. I say this ahead of time so you will not categorize me into whatever theory they have taught you about Americans, and to not prejudge me as being someone like the #4 kook. Do you not have stupid people in your country? Or do all of them carry the same amount of brilliance as yourself.

...I pity you people. You are very bitter. Your bitterness seethes out of you. I just can't bring myself to the level that you've stooped. I'm sorry you don't have the same great place to live in that we do, and I'm sorry your government hasn't given you the same opportunities that mine has. I hope those hackers and young scholars make your country a better place to live in someday. gg

My government makes mistakes. I understand that they do things that might not be in the best interest of other countries. Guess what, we elected them. They will do whatever is in the best interest of OUR people first. If that means making tough decisions and upsetting someone else, then so be it. If they don't get the job done, then they get the F out. I hope some day you have leaders that 'go to bat' for you like ours do.

Your cheap shots regarding the world trade center really upset me. I'm sorry you feel that way. But again, I will not stoop down to your level. gg again

Yes, I'll go on living my same satisfying life (in my eyes anyway). I'll be thinking about you people on occasion though. Heh, I might even be sad for you. I ask you to ponder one notion though. Please ask yourself if you really believe all Americans are trash. A few are. Most aren't. Hope you get to visit us sometime, so that you will see why in my mind your thoughts on those topic are really narrowminded. I think you will like it here.

Thanks, and Apologies on behalf of the #4 kook that insulted you.
-Wideout

Re: 21-st
Jan 22, 2002, 18:16
anon@68.0
Re: 21-st Jan 22, 2002, 18:16
Jan 22, 2002, 18:16
anon@68.0

your a fucking 3 year old moron. do us a favor and shoot yourself.

Re: Frederickson
Jan 22, 2002, 17:18
Re: Frederickson Jan 22, 2002, 17:18
Jan 22, 2002, 17:18

Frederickson you do an injustice to the Druid King game and its developers and fans.

Re-read some of your own posts and judge for yourself how your weak generalisations will stand against reality.

A interview with Developers

http://www.strategyplanet.com/features/interviews/druidking/

A review of an early Alpha

http://www.gaminggroove.com/preview.cfm?id=10

#4 is Ligit, YOU are not!
Jan 22, 2002, 17:08
anon@24.28
#4 is Ligit, YOU are not! Jan 22, 2002, 17:08
Jan 22, 2002, 17:08
anon@24.28

Not buying a game because of the country in which the publisher or developer is headquartered in is a legitimate reason. Not only that, but it’s a legitimate post in a forum regarding said game. #4 was relatively nice about his opinions, which are all based in facts (Russia was a communist country, Bulgaria does have a close relationship with Russia), and which all directly relate to this forum and this game.

It’s the REST OF YOU (and now me) that got off the subject of the game, not #4. You pushed #4’s legitimate reason for not wanting this game into a string of BS. Just because someone doesn’t think exactly like you do doesn’t make them ignorant, stupid, scum, racist, uneducated or with a wasted education.

#4 is clearly against communism as WE ALL SHOULD BE (and probably are). And communism ISN’T A RACE.

So get over it, and play the game.

Frederickson
Jan 22, 2002, 08:37
anon@212.73
Frederickson Jan 22, 2002, 08:37
Jan 22, 2002, 08:37
anon@212.73

Thank you for is probably the funniest post so far this year. My hat is off, you really do manage to sound like an idiot, and the length this thread has grown to is a tribute to your creative genius! Please, hang around, post some more, I, for one, enjoy your special humor!

While I'm at it.... Canadians should not be lumped in the same group as americans. Granted there are quite a few similiraties (sleeping next to an 800lbs gorilla teaches one to not snore), but also quite a few differences. The americans declared independance, the canadians did not. Just that changes the overall attitude....

errrr.... Is this a rant??!?! How'd that happen?!

Apologies to all ;-)

Jack Luminous

No subject
Jan 22, 2002, 04:52
anon@195.255
No subject Jan 22, 2002, 04:52
Jan 22, 2002, 04:52
anon@195.255

Hey #4 (frederickson)

Fuck off, you racist, redneck motherfucker!
---------------------------------------------------------
quote: "1. RUSSIAN GAME SITE - russians used to be communist, and i remember our country was against this. "
---------------------------------------------------------
Did your dad tech you this? What's your IQ, 44?

Well, I guess you can't expect more from a person who writes like this:
-------------------------------------------------------
" blue Jan 20, 12:15 frederickson

blue im crying and im leaving and youll never see me again, no one will"
-------------------------------------------------------

Jerk!

PS. Sorry for taking this thread down yet one more level.
PPS. No, I'm not a russian. I'm not personally offended by
this whelps' ranting.

No subject
Jan 21, 2002, 16:50
No subject Jan 21, 2002, 16:50
Jan 21, 2002, 16:50

Discussion had is very good.

-----

Only a fool wants to hear the echo of his own voice.
_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.

Re: No subject
Jan 21, 2002, 16:35
Re: No subject Jan 21, 2002, 16:35
Jan 21, 2002, 16:35

I learnt a long time ago it is not my job to educate the ignorant. I also learnt not to let others distract me from the real issue. The Druid King is very good game. The thread here is very bad.

To behave like the ignorant means your education has been wasted.

Post your opinions of the review forget the dribble.

Regards
BINGFA

No subject
Jan 21, 2002, 02:17
anon@24.69
No subject Jan 21, 2002, 02:17
Jan 21, 2002, 02:17
anon@24.69

it's #66
as much as i don't care much about any shit, some things just can't be surpassed. letting them do what they do gives other lil american kids the same opinion of predecessors, leaving them ignorant morons and leaving overs look bad.
ignoring them makes one one of them.

this is a gaming board but are you all such geeks that you can't or don't want to talk about anything else? i'm sure if it was something about your mom you would write atleast a line.

Druid King Information
Jan 20, 2002, 20:39
Druid King Information Jan 20, 2002, 20:39
Jan 20, 2002, 20:39

Forgetting the hyjacking of this thread.

If you want some info here is a interview with the developers.

It is a very good game that has a big difference to the current stable of RTS/RTE games. It is very strategic and you can/must control multiple armies. It is about what locations you can gain and keep control over it is not just a rush to build peons and then mass attack of a dominating unit.

It is also very good graphically.

You don't have to learn 30 supposedly different Civ's.

Regards
BINGFA

The only way to defeat Idiots in Forums is to ignore and or delete them. They are fueled by the reactions of others ignoring them Starves them eventually.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 20:46.

Re: game
Jan 20, 2002, 19:29
Re: game Jan 20, 2002, 19:29
Jan 20, 2002, 19:29

previous post was mine, btw. forgot me password and just jumped in w/o reading all the other bulgarians already arguing the case... oh well, flame wars just get the better of me

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 19:38.

Re: game
Jan 20, 2002, 19:27
anon@62.31
Re: game Jan 20, 2002, 19:27
Jan 20, 2002, 19:27
anon@62.31

> . BULGARIAN DEVELOPERS - bulgarians is near russia on the
> map. Population, 344,000

> this is a populaous country with amazing distaste for
> usa, i think there is patriotism in USA, but if you look
> on belgian tv, there is a very apparent "flavor" of
> antiness

cant believe u can be so full of shit... i am a bulgarian, and our population is about 7 million and actually, they like the states there (not for any reason i can accept). oh, and please don't mention BELGIAN t.v. and have a rain check on your geography - bulgarian aint that close to russia either...

damn americans...

The Druid King
Jan 20, 2002, 18:33
anon@217.9
The Druid King Jan 20, 2002, 18:33
Jan 20, 2002, 18:33
anon@217.9

By the way the Demo is illegal. Its a tech demo for the russian publisher. Suddenly they have decided to post it on some stupid russian site. Now Haemimont Multimedia will send the publisher in court! The real demo is expected in March. For more info - http://www.haemimont.com/druidking/news.phtml

oh dear
Jan 20, 2002, 16:04
anon@194.222
oh dear Jan 20, 2002, 16:04
Jan 20, 2002, 16:04
anon@194.222

please tell me your all old people and about to die because I'd hate to see the world run by people like you...

Re: #70
Jan 20, 2002, 15:00
anon@68.51
Re: #70 Jan 20, 2002, 15:00
Jan 20, 2002, 15:00
anon@68.51

Ok ya know what? This is all just BS to begin with. I come here expecting a chat on a game that I am trying to check out...if it ever downloads, and I see every one here squabbling over their countries?
My God, this is the reason countries are always at war: Pride, prejudice, envy, selfishness, the very center of human nature of each person on some scale. It isn't the Russians, the Americans, the Germans, lay off the labels. It is all of mankind! Everyone is ready to point the finger. I am very guilty of this as well, but can't everyone just throw their damn pride aside? Grow up! This is no debate tournament, yet it has been nothing but bashings of one another's countries. Why? What is the point. Does any of this directly affect your family, friends, or loved ones? The fact is when you get off from typing and reading all these pointless arguments, you are still gonna get on with your life. And that is what you should do, b/c there are better things in life than bashing a stereotype thousands of miles away from ya. I have met many great people from France, England, Germany etc. But that doesnt matter, because a few people cannot represent an entire country. I remember when I heard how many American 'leaders' were very disrespectful at the 2000 Olympics, and I was angry because they were allowed represent. And sure there is much that is to be desired when it comes to the American gov't but on the otherhand what gov't will ever be perfect? Oh, ok I see, all of us choose to do nothing but sit back and criticize instead of making an effort to make a difference (not to say I am any different, and I know many of you were going to say something to that nature ). If you can see the point in this, then I may have actually said something descent for once. Oh and #66...I think you and I would have plenty to talk about over a some strong coffee or maybe some tea Oh and you Mr. Frederickson, keep your rascist thoughts to yourself, cause no one cares to hear it. You also claim to be from the south? Well you just gave everyone another stereotype to work with. I too live in the south, but I thankfully rarely run across people such as yourself. Just do ppl a favor and keep your trap shut, if all you can say are rascial remarks.

So good day to all of you, dont be offended, just be happy and don't think on these useless things. We should be having fun on this board. Now back to Druid Kings.
95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older