Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bethesda Open Letter Follow-up

Following up on MADia's open letter to Bethesda posted yesterday (story), Bethesda Softworks sent along a follow-up that expands upon the brief no comment they originally offered in response. Here is their official statement:

We at Bethesda Softworks regret the issuance by Madia Ltd. of an "Open Letter" yesterday, which presented misleading allegations about Bethesda's role as publisher of Echelon in North America.

Bethesda has no contractual obligations to Madia. Madia developed Echelon for Buka, which in turn contracted with Bethesda to publish Echelon in North America. Bethesda has been in discussions with Buka concerning a series of contractual issues, including the late delivery of the game by Madia. We do not intend to address such matters in the press.

Be assured that the Open Letter by Madia presents an unbalanced and false statement of facts concerning the game and Bethesda's actions as the game's publisher. And nothing in the discussions between Bethesda and Buka has prevented Madia from releasing an Echelon patch for fans of the game.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: mr.pot, i believe you've met mr. kettle? Nov 20, 2001, 12:25 anon@194.205

"Just because they are a developer does not automatically make them the good guy, time to fucking grow up."

yeah, cheers for that, nice to see even 'older generation gamers' let loose with abuse on the first post.

i'll be getting morrowind as well; the only reason i'm so familiar with bethsoft's crap track record is that i keep on buying the elder scrolls games.

i'm not saying they're the bad guys. i'm just saying that they haven't got a leg to stand on when it comes to criticising developers for dodgy releases.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. No subject Nov 20, 2001, 12:23 anon@24.168

me no like Bethesda Softworks no more. anitup damn it!  

7. Re: mr.pot, i believe you've met mr. ket Nov 20, 2001, 12:00 Saint Proverbius

Hah.. I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Let's see, Madia released the game "late", but there's still some bugs to be addressed, right? Isn't that like saying, "We at Bethesda are really annoyed that the developer didn't allow us to rush a flakey product to market, so we're not paying them."

6. Re: mr.pot, i believe you've met mr. kettle? Nov 20, 2001, 11:46 anon@192.62

Ill be getting Morrowind, and im the older generation type gamer.

Just because they are a developer does not automatically make them the good guy, time to fucking grow up.

5. mr.pot, i believe you've met mr. kettle? Nov 20, 2001, 11:35 anon@194.205

"Bethesda has been in discussions with Buka concerning a series of contractual issues, including the late delivery of the game by Madia."

that's rich coming from bethsoft, who have to my recollection _never_ released a title on time, or bug-free or even patched a hopelessly buggy product to a fully playable state (daggerfall anyone?)

assuming morrowind ever actually makes a ship date, i can't wait to see a new generation of gamers experience bethesda quality control.

4. Re: what greed Nov 20, 2001, 11:11 anon@144.96

Airing your Dirty Laundry does nothing to clean it...but it sure does stink up the place.

moral: STFU and work on the patch, kthnx.

3. Re: what greed Nov 20, 2001, 11:10 anon@209.236

*shrug* Seems like Madia's problem is with Buka, who would be the proverbial "shitheads." That's not to say that Madia and Buka aren't shitheads, either.  

2. Re: what greed Nov 20, 2001, 11:10 anon@64.83

Why dont those Bethesda cocksuckers just pay up already? The game is done - WTF? They would rather pay their lawyers to fight in court than simply pay for the fucking game they publshed and made money on. BTW 250 grand for a game is nothing by todays standards.  

1. what greed Nov 20, 2001, 11:06 anon@63.193

If you read the lawyer speak they do not deny anything madia said. They said too bad for madia because they have a contract with buka.

Notice they did not specifically deny the allegations.

Bethesda - shitheads

Madia - game developers screwed over by the greedy

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo