Soul Reaver 2 Movie

The PS2 version of Soul Reaver 2 is now out, and on the occasion Eidos has posted the final movie trailer for this third-person action adventure by Crystal Dynamics that is scheduled for a PC release next month. This fifth trailer is available in normal and high-resolution MPEG downloads as well as a streaming format, and it sports two and half minutes of cinematic and in-game footage from a variety of areas in the game.
View : : :
1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Its out now but rent it first..
Nov 1, 2001, 02:07
Its out now but rent it first.. Nov 1, 2001, 02:07
Nov 1, 2001, 02:07

I love Soul Reaver. With out a doubt it is my favorite PSX game of all time. It had it all fantastic action, gloomy well written story, and incredible voice acting. One thing that I loved more than anything, however, was the new vampiric abilities. It gave such a feeling of accomplishment, when you were finally able to swim, or could scale up certain to claim that powerup that you spotted long ago. The trill of your new abilities was awesome.
Sadly Soul Reaver 2 is lacking any such upgrade. Sure, you start with all the abilities from the last game, but you dont earn a single new ability in the whole game. The elemental forges are your goals. Its hard to get excited about your weapon turning a different color. It can also be said that there aren't any "Bosses" such as there were in SR1. There are portions of the game where you are forced to stop and fight many enemys to proceed, but they are hardly anything along the lines of the 3 story giants you faced in SR1.

Just so its clear, I own my copy and will keep it, such as it is, because I am such a fan of the first one. I recommend that anyone who liked the first one to rent this one however as it feels more like "Run to the next area to hear more of the story" than a game.
I am dissapointed.

I'd love to hear other's thoughts.
~Andy "GusBot" Gustafson

1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older