Shadows of Luclin Interview

There's an EverQuest: Shadows of Luclin Preview on GamesDomain based on what they saw of the upcoming EQ expansion pack at this year's ECTS. Describing the add-on, they point out that: "Featuring an all-new graphics engine, new player character models, and a host of upgrades, the expansion was described as effectively 'EverQuest 1.5.'" They go into the new graphics, the factions and zones the expansion will feature, what's being done to improve framerates and more. They also managed to corner both Jeff Butler, producer of EQ Live and Shadows of Luclin, and Brad McQuaid, VP of premium games at Sony Online to discuss the upcoming release. Topics of the Q&A include the potential lifespan of EverQuest, what is offered in the new expansion, some detail on the new horses ("Frau Blucher!"), the new playable race, engine improvements, and more.
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: pop culture
Sep 6, 2001, 14:25
Re: pop culture Sep 6, 2001, 14:25
Sep 6, 2001, 14:25

Well, with me very possibly being the resident EQ junkie (at least one that posts here), I'm definitely looking forward to this expansion. Despite the gripes of many (who then went on to bitch about Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, and every other game out there because they could go from level 1 to 100 in a week and "beat" the game), this is still the best game on the market right now.

"The devil is in all of you!" - Rob Zombie, "Demonoid Phenomenon"
"We can do this one of two ways. There's the hard way, which involves hours of discussion, tons of negotiation, half a dozen bribes, and no guarantee of success."
"What's the easy way?"
"Liberally placed high explosives."

Re: pop culture
Sep 6, 2001, 13:41
Re: pop culture Sep 6, 2001, 13:41
Sep 6, 2001, 13:41

First time I can recall a multimedia winner in the pop culture game!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, Il Presidente for Life
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

pop culture
Sep 6, 2001, 13:13
pop culture Sep 6, 2001, 13:13
Sep 6, 2001, 13:13

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/frank/sounds/frau.wav

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/frank/sounds/goodnite2.wav

My e. coli cures cancer!
This comment was edited on Sep 6, 13:14.
Playing with yeast to help you live longer!
My e. coli cures cancer!
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older