Another example of the power of MS over common sense.
I work in IT ( a small software house ). Our product is a multi-user real-time order entry system that has been running happerly on Unix/Linux for x number of years, however in the last 5 years almost every new site wants our system on NT. Why do people want NT over Unix/Linux?
Because it's a multi-user op/sys - it is NOT a multi-user op/sys
( it's a multitasking op/sys (it's not even a good one)
- there is a difference)Because it's faster
- no it's notBecause it uses less memory
- no it doesn't ( not even close )because takes less disk space
- no it doesn'tBecause it's more stable
- don't make me laugh Because it's cheaper
- Cheaper than Linux, that will the day.Because they need to link to other MS apps
- Not a problem we can do that from Unix/Linux we have the technogyBecause it's Microsoft
I'm not complaining too much, our system runs on NT with no code changes thanks to langauge will use ( a 4gl ) but supporting it is a real pain.
I'll take the red pill anyday, along with a couple of Prozac