Into the Black

Last Link of the Day: MrKawfy - Twitch. My buddy is throwing his passion for gaming and his professional voice acting talents into game streaming.
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

How America is Viewed by the Rest of the World
Jul 10, 2024, 11:56
How America is Viewed by the Rest of the World Jul 10, 2024, 11:56
Jul 10, 2024, 11:56

Blue wrote on Jul 10, 2024, 11:49:
The Flying Penguin wrote on Jul 10, 2024, 09:01:
That's okay. Here in Florida, it's apparently okay to put ammunition on display in giant stacks on tables. That's what they do at Rural King, anyway. I was kind of surprised when I saw that a few months ago when I was shopping there. Most stores, sanely, prefer to lock up their ammo in clear display cases. I mean shit, I have to get a clerk to unlock a case to buy razors, but let's just pile up the ammo on tables?
It's like a setup for the film trope. In a movie has anyone ever picked out and loaded a gun in a store that didn't then turn around and use it to rob the place?
Welcome to Woop Woop https://youtu.be/VwwxVkuiJAQ?si=ve2EY758rBIWxbK9

not the scene you asked about, but close enough Wink
“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces." Carl Sagan

Re: ItB: Well caffeinated
Jul 10, 2024, 11:49
Re: ItB: Well caffeinated Jul 10, 2024, 11:49
Jul 10, 2024, 11:49

The Flying Penguin wrote on Jul 10, 2024, 09:01:
That's okay. Here in Florida, it's apparently okay to put ammunition on display in giant stacks on tables. That's what they do at Rural King, anyway. I was kind of surprised when I saw that a few months ago when I was shopping there. Most stores, sanely, prefer to lock up their ammo in clear display cases. I mean shit, I have to get a clerk to unlock a case to buy razors, but let's just pile up the ammo on tables?
It's like a setup for the film trope. In a movie has anyone ever picked out and loaded a gun in a store that didn't then turn around and use it to rob the place?
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Jul 10, 2024, 09:01
Re: ItB: Well caffeinated Jul 10, 2024, 09:01
Jul 10, 2024, 09:01

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Jul 9, 2024, 20:41
Re: ItB: Well caffeinated Jul 9, 2024, 20:41
Jul 9, 2024, 20:41

Vending machines that sell ammunition have been installed in grocery stores in Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas. Nothing better than getting ammo along with breakfast cereal for the kiddos.
Our founding fathers would be so proud.

There have been 15 mass killings involving a firearm so far in 2024, compared to 39 in 2023.
“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces." Carl Sagan

Jul 9, 2024, 20:07
Re: ItB: Well caffeinated Jul 9, 2024, 20:07
Jul 9, 2024, 20:07

I am disappointed it's not a blog about coffee...with a name like MrKawfy.

And in other weirdness with your remark on the Leone remake earlier today, the trilogy is playing tonight on TCM starting at 8PM EST. How weird is that?

"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older