Into the Black

Last Link of the Day: Futurama - Trailer - Season 12 - Hulu. Good news, everyone!
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: ItB: Good news, everyone!
Jul 9, 2024, 00:44
Re: ItB: Good news, everyone! Jul 9, 2024, 00:44
Jul 9, 2024, 00:44

Dan =0) wrote on Jul 8, 2024, 23:37:
Hey all -

Futurama - Will watch the trailer when I have decent internet instead of dinky mobile hotspot via cell. I haven't seen that show in ages.

Some good news on my front - I have a place to call home that's permanent. Subsidized housing, and it's a trudge for me to the third floor, but it's a place. Somewhat relatedly, it's hot as hell out there (Salem, MA in my case). Hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated.

Dan =0)

Gratz dude! That's huge man. Fucking housing and food and everything else is just seriously spiraling out of control for everyone everywhere. If the politicians don't start taking it seriously and actually doing something about it you're going to continue to see extremist groups rise...and win...and then comes war after that. Fuck the free fucking market, government needs to be building subsidized housing like weeds now. Take a look at Vienna - Austria - they're doing it right. Massive subsidized housing, low poverty almost no homelessness.

"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Jul 9, 2024, 00:06
Re: ItB: Good news, everyone! Jul 9, 2024, 00:06
Jul 9, 2024, 00:06

Glad you got a place, Dan! Congrats!
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Jul 8, 2024, 23:37
Re: ItB: Good news, everyone! Jul 8, 2024, 23:37
Jul 8, 2024, 23:37

Hey all -

Futurama - Will watch the trailer when I have decent internet instead of dinky mobile hotspot via cell. I haven't seen that show in ages.

Some good news on my front - I have a place to call home that's permanent. Subsidized housing, and it's a trudge for me to the third floor, but it's a place. Somewhat relatedly, it's hot as hell out there (Salem, MA in my case). Hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated.

Dan =0)
Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com - also on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Amazon, etc.

Jul 8, 2024, 23:19
Re: ItB: Good news, everyone! Jul 8, 2024, 23:19
Jul 8, 2024, 23:19

I got an itch a couple of weeks back that I needed to scratch. So I watched the original Red Dawn and the remake. The remake isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. The change to the Norks in the remake was so that the film could be sold in China but the original script had China being the bad guys.

Which leads me to the the games Homefront and its sequel, Homefront: The Revolution. They are set in the same universe. John Milius, the writer-director responsible for the 1984 version of Red Dawn, also was involved with the first game on the writing side. He also did uncredited work on the second game, too.

Just a bit of interesting trivia that I learned recently.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older