Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal

An Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer is here, showing off around 20 minutes of gameplay from Dragon Age: The Veilguard. Players have expressed concerns about the direction of the next installment in the RPG series, so this offers an actual look at what to expect. It comes with a first developer journal on the game and a post called Introducing The Veilguard discussing what the clip depicts:
This video from the first moments of the game is just the tip of the iceberg, and there’s so much more to discover on this epic journey. You’ll explore Thedas, uniting a cast of (yes, romanceable!) companions as you fight against ancient elven gods. In this crafted character-driven RPG, you’ll visit meticulously crafted biomes and beautiful regions, some that you’ve only heard whispers about in Dragon Age lore, including Rivain, Weisshaupt, Arlathan, Minrathous, and the Deep Roads - to name a few. We’ll have a lot more coming this summer as we fully detail what’s in store.

You’ll begin by diving into the Character Creator. You’ll choose your class, lineage, gender, overall appearance and more. Choosing which faction Rook is part of will unlock different narrative, dialogue, and gameplay interactions.

Combat is another area that has a lot of depth to it - both in how you choose to defeat your enemies and its progression throughout the game. The game will support various skill levels, but at its core, Dragon Age: The Veilguard has fluid moment-to-moment combat where you can choose between three classes - Warrior, Mage, or Rogue – each having their own advanced specializations. There's also a layer of tactical depth for those who want to dig in, which we really didn't get to cover in the video.

Our new customizable ability wheel will help you turn the tide of battle at any time. It will allow you to pause the action, issue commands to your followers, use abilities, and unleash devastating combos. As you become more powerful, you can start to see the potential in how much fun (and hectic) things can get.
View : : :
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Veilguard Gameplay Reveal
Jun 15, 2024, 21:09
Re: Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 15, 2024, 21:09
Jun 15, 2024, 21:09

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 15, 2024, 04:47:
And games. Do paint a fair picture, Sepharo.

Nah, we can see the post history.

Jun 15, 2024, 12:11
Re: Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 15, 2024, 12:11
Jun 15, 2024, 12:11

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2024, 07:01:

Too bad I didn't get a straight answer from Beamer. I genuinely wonder how one could ever debate or criticize certain subjects by his standards, unless he clarifies by answering my earlier post. Instead, he assumes my position on the matter. Maybe he struggled with the teapot analogy, which was an accidental tripwire on my part.

Ok, sealion. Take a deep long look at yourself, your values, and your treatment of others and question whether you're truly as rational as you think, and truly worth time.

But you won't. Nothing will change you. You'll continue thinking "but I didn't take a side," as if context doesn't give your emotions away.

You won't get an answer beyond this because you can't even see what a waste of time making any argument to someone with a mind so closed to updated information is.

Who do you think you're talking to? Are you so binary in thought that the moment somebody questions your reasoning, that person is against all your values? How do you know how I treat others? In other words: What are you talking about?
Where are the adults?

Jun 15, 2024, 07:01
Re: Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 15, 2024, 07:01
Jun 15, 2024, 07:01

Too bad I didn't get a straight answer from Beamer. I genuinely wonder how one could ever debate or criticize certain subjects by his standards, unless he clarifies by answering my earlier post. Instead, he assumes my position on the matter. Maybe he struggled with the teapot analogy, which was an accidental tripwire on my part.

Ok, sealion. Take a deep long look at yourself, your values, and your treatment of others and question whether you're truly as rational as you think, and truly worth time.

But you won't. Nothing will change you. You'll continue thinking "but I didn't take a side," as if context doesn't give your emotions away.

You won't get an answer beyond this because you can't even see what a waste of time making any argument to someone with a mind so closed to updated information is.

Jun 15, 2024, 04:47
Re: Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 15, 2024, 04:47
Jun 15, 2024, 04:47

Where are the adults?

Re: removed
Jun 14, 2024, 13:50
Re: removed Jun 14, 2024, 13:50
Jun 14, 2024, 13:50

Guy was gone for a decade and shows back up to complain about DEI, black samurai, and transgender people.
Rolleyes

Jun 14, 2024, 06:51
Re: removed Jun 14, 2024, 06:51
Jun 14, 2024, 06:51

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2024, 06:41:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 14, 2024, 05:28:
Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2024, 16:29:
Argonius the 3rd wrote on Jun 12, 2024, 15:26:
ShadowofWard wrote on Jun 11, 2024, 23:41:

AH now i remember why i stopped reading blue news. For the record since the moderator has forgotten objective reality, observing that a man pretending to be a woman is still a man is not intolerance, it's reality.

Lol, I find this fascinating... I am not American, I do not live in the US (Easter European), the moderator's actions and this site give me a glimpse of modern day america, a sort of microcosm if you like. The fascinating part (as an outsider), has to do with the existence of protected groups in your society that are exempt from any sort of debate or criticism. I cannot begin to comprehend the amount of social conditioning that went through to accept this as a norm.

You can debate and criticize. You cannot insult, belittle, and punch down.

It's odd that this is what's considered "debate."

What do you mean with belittle and punching down? When I claim I'm a teapot, is the mere act of you telling me I'm probably not because X Y and Z an act of debate or an act of belittling / punching down? After all, you put my self-identified identity -- which certaintly belongs to a marginalized group -- into question, which could in and of itself be considered belittling, punching down or hell.. even insulting.

If you concede the above, doesn't this make debating the matter impossible by your standards?

See, you're a good example. You don't want to understand or learn, you want to strawman and demean, and then inevitably play the victim.

It's a big and evolving world. When you choose to be left behind, you can't cry when others choose to disassociate with you over it.

I'm not saying transgender claims are the same as saying you're a teapot. I just used that as an example.

I didn't take on any position. I'm asking you a question you choose to evade.
Where are the adults?

Jun 14, 2024, 06:41
Re: removed Jun 14, 2024, 06:41
Jun 14, 2024, 06:41

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 14, 2024, 05:28:

AH now i remember why i stopped reading blue news. For the record since the moderator has forgotten objective reality, observing that a man pretending to be a woman is still a man is not intolerance, it's reality.

Lol, I find this fascinating... I am not American, I do not live in the US (Easter European), the moderator's actions and this site give me a glimpse of modern day america, a sort of microcosm if you like. The fascinating part (as an outsider), has to do with the existence of protected groups in your society that are exempt from any sort of debate or criticism. I cannot begin to comprehend the amount of social conditioning that went through to accept this as a norm.

What do you mean with belittle and punching down? When I claim I'm a teapot, is the mere act of you telling me I'm probably not because X Y and Z an act of debate or an act of belittling / punching down? After all, you put my self-identified identity -- which certaintly belongs to a marginalized group -- into question, which could in and of itself be considered belittling, punching down or hell.. even insulting.

If you concede the above, doesn't this make debating the matter impossible by your standards?

See, you're a good example. You don't want to understand or learn, you want to strawman and demean, and then inevitably play the victim.

It's a big and evolving world. When you choose to be left behind, you can't cry when others choose to disassociate with you over it.

Jun 14, 2024, 05:28
Re: removed Jun 14, 2024, 05:28
Jun 14, 2024, 05:28

Where are the adults?

Jun 12, 2024, 16:29
Re: removed Jun 12, 2024, 16:29
Jun 12, 2024, 16:29

Jun 12, 2024, 15:26
Re: removed Jun 12, 2024, 15:26
Jun 12, 2024, 15:26

Re: Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal
Jun 12, 2024, 12:59
Prez

Re: Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 12, 2024, 12:59
Jun 12, 2024, 12:59
 Prez

Morn wrote on Jun 12, 2024, 09:05:
Game looks excellent. People are whiners.

I'm glad that the game looks excellent to you. It's never a bad thing for someone to be excited about a game. And we do tend to whine, but I think we bitch more. But your statement mostly checks out.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jun 12, 2024, 11:33
El Pit

Re: Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 12, 2024, 11:33
Jun 12, 2024, 11:33
 El Pit

Oh, c'moooon! This is obviously not the pc game Dreadwolf but a console ADHD friendly action game! This is why it is called Veilguard. I am sure that we will see a more tactical pc game Dreadwolf trailer and gameplay in a few days. Right? Guys? Hello? Please tell me that this is just a console offspring and the real Dragon Age pc game called Dreadwolf is something else and will be presented soon.

If not: WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, EA?
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Jun 12, 2024, 09:05
Re: Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 12, 2024, 09:05
Jun 12, 2024, 09:05

Game looks excellent. People are whiners.

Jun 12, 2024, 09:04
Re: removed Jun 12, 2024, 09:04
Jun 12, 2024, 09:04

ShadowofWard wrote on Jun 11, 2024, 19:42:
* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Jun 11, 2024, 23:32. Reason: Intolerance (rule 2)

Oh, look, a bigot on the Internet, how wholly original.

Jun 12, 2024, 07:07
Re: Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 12, 2024, 07:07
Jun 12, 2024, 07:07

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 12, 2024, 00:45:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2024, 21:34:
I'm sure this inconveniences you so much and deeply impacts your life.
It's going to inconvenience a whole bunch of people who will lose their jobs because of agenda pushing instead of making a good game. The VG crash can't come soon enough. The next few years are sure going to be tough.

How many more AAA failures do you think it's going to take?

Only the dumbest man alive blames that on "woke."

So yeah, we all saw your post coming miles away

Jun 12, 2024, 04:56
Re: Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 12, 2024, 04:56
Jun 12, 2024, 04:56

Leahi84 wrote on Jun 12, 2024, 04:09:
I love Dragon Age more for the story and characters more than the gameplay, but this looks gorgeous to me.

Same here as far as the story and characters are (or used to be, rather) concerned because the gameplay in DA2 and DAI was mostly garbage but this here looks like shit on all levels with cringy dialogue to make it extra crappy.

Besides, talking about characters, pale and boring old Solas becoming the ultimate evil in DAI's end DLC was just silly and, as we can see here, he doesn't really make for a very good villain, to put it mildly. Who is supposed to be impressed/scared by his "performance"? Eight year old girls maybe?

Varric is OK, as is Harding, but I really miss the old cast. If we go by the first cartoon trailer then it looks like we might only tangentially meet the old cast (or maybe not at all) because they had to come up with a bunch of new cartoony companions. Maybe the old cast was simply not "diverse" enough for today's standards?

Going by this excerpt, I have very little faith in story and characters actually being a priority for the devs, The old writers have long left BioWare anyway and the new focus clearly seems to be on flash (for console kiddies) instead of substance.
-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

Jun 12, 2024, 04:36
Re: Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 12, 2024, 04:36
Jun 12, 2024, 04:36

Leahi84 wrote on Jun 12, 2024, 04:09:
I can't wait! I'm pre-ordering this as soon as they let you. I love Dragon Age more for the story and characters more than the gameplay, but this looks gorgeous to me.

Conversely, this looks terrible to me. Linear, action packed ADHD nonsense featuring forgettable characters, poor animation and sub-par graphics. If I squint it kind of looks good. To me this looks like a poor man's version of Dragon's Dogma 2, which in itself is not really a game I was interested in but for fans of button mashing action RPGs it looked like it could have been great fun.

Jun 12, 2024, 04:09
Re: Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 12, 2024, 04:09
Jun 12, 2024, 04:09

I can't wait! I'm pre-ordering this as soon as they let you. I love Dragon Age more for the story and characters more than the gameplay, but this looks gorgeous to me.
“For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.”
― Richard P. Feynman

Jun 12, 2024, 00:45
Re: Dragon Age: The Veilguard Gameplay Reveal Jun 12, 2024, 00:45
Jun 12, 2024, 00:45

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2024, 21:34:
I'm sure this inconveniences you so much and deeply impacts your life.
It's going to inconvenience a whole bunch of people who will lose their jobs because of agenda pushing instead of making a good game. The VG crash can't come soon enough. The next few years are sure going to be tough.

How many more AAA failures do you think it's going to take?
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Jun 12, 2024, 00:44
Prez

Re: removed Jun 12, 2024, 00:44
Jun 12, 2024, 00:44
 Prez

ShadowofWard wrote on Jun 11, 2024, 19:42:
* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Jun 11, 2024, 23:32. Reason: Intolerance (rule 2)

You can leave again. Not sure anyone will miss your intolerance. You can call it whatever you like - there's no reason for you to care unless you are just mean. If you dislike a person's work then discuss that. What they choose to do otherwise is frankly none of your business.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older