FragPunk Announced

Netease announces FragPunk, a 5v5 hero shooter coming to Windows and Xbox Series X|S in 2025, and testing on each platform is expected to begin soon. This is by no means the first game on the hero shooter bandwagon, but it incorporates card-based mechanics to hopefully set it apart. These are on display in the Official World Premiere Trailer. Word is the cards are there to help tip the balance in key spots:
Players can bend the rules of combat to their advantage, as they pick their hero, customize their weapon loadout, and choose from a selection of shard cards that shift every round in this free to play experience. FragPunk is developed by Bad Guitar, a subsidiary studio of ThunderFire which is one of the primary studios under NetEase, and will come to Xbox Series X|S and PC in 2025. There will be upcoming tests for both Xbox and Steam that will be open to players in the near future.

Welcome to a future where lancers, genetically enhanced heroes, face off against each other in a competition for the most valuable resource in the universe: Glunite. Any good lancer knows that the rules of engagement can change on a dime thanks to powerful tools known as shard cards, and only the players that constantly adapt will emerge victorious. The wide variety of shard cards in FragPunk can be played at the start of every round, impacting the very rules by which the game is played. Players will encounter frozen floors, exploding bullets, cloning technology, digital footprint tracking and so much more.
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: FragPunk Announced
Jun 11, 2024, 09:50
Prez

Re: FragPunk Announced Jun 11, 2024, 09:50
Jun 11, 2024, 09:50
 Prez

Jim wrote on Jun 10, 2024, 20:55:
I was going to say, is anyone else tired of these hero shooter things, LOL

To the first post, my answer is "I certainly don't." To the second post, my answer is "Yes". 🙂

The art style looks great (and I love the name) but I think we may be getting close to the oversaturation that we experienced with zombies, WW2, and CoD clones. Which is regrettable, because that means that a few extremely well-made games get drowned in a sea of boring copycats.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jun 10, 2024, 20:55
Jim
Re: FragPunk Announced Jun 10, 2024, 20:55
Jun 10, 2024, 20:55
Jim

I was going to say, is anyone else tired of these hero shooter things, LOL

Jun 10, 2024, 20:15
Re: FragPunk Announced Jun 10, 2024, 20:15
Jun 10, 2024, 20:15

does anyone actually want all these hero shooters?
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older