Starfield Content Update Today

A new Official Trailer for Starfield: Shattered Space shows off the upcoming expansion for the space-faring game. But the end of the clip reveals a new update coming to the base game today! This involves a proposal from the Tracker's Alliance, so what could possibly go wrong? This promises new locations, new gear, new bounties, and new custom content. Here's the description of the clip:

Shattered Space is a new story expansion for Starfield, Bethesda Game Studios’ epic role-playing game and first new universe in more than twenty-five years.

A mysterious power stirs in the city of Dazra on House Va’Ruun’s hidden homeworld. Investigate a frightening cosmic threat, explore a new planet, and find unique weapons, spacesuits, and gear in this all-new adventure.

View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Starfield Content Update Today
Jun 15, 2024, 16:36
Kxmode

Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 15, 2024, 16:36
Jun 15, 2024, 16:36
 Kxmode

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 10, 2024, 14:18:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2024, 09:27:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 9, 2024, 21:14:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 9, 2024, 16:57:
This game has no identity. Beth couldn't find an audience with their active-adventure space RPG, so they switched to cosmic horror. Hard pass. I didn't buy Starfield for cosmic horror...

Clearly you didn't make it in to the House Va'ruun embassy. It hints at the weird shit that they are doing out in their end of space.
I stand by what I wrote. The game has no identity.
Still not sure how the game has no identity seeing as objectively your previous statement doesn't match reality.

Would you say the same thing about Rockstar and the RDR series because it had aliens and zombies? Bethesda has always had some form of supernatural, almost Lovecraftian horror aspects in various points in all of their games, it doesn't seem to change the identity of those games.
An expansion that fundamentally changes its genre from the genre established by the core game is a game with no identity. What part of that don't you understand?
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

Jun 10, 2024, 21:26
Prez

Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 10, 2024, 21:26
Jun 10, 2024, 21:26
 Prez

Do games require an identity? How many games have one? I'd say very few.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jun 10, 2024, 14:18
Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 10, 2024, 14:18
Jun 10, 2024, 14:18

Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2024, 09:27:
This game has no identity. Beth couldn't find an audience with their active-adventure space RPG, so they switched to cosmic horror. Hard pass. I didn't buy Starfield for cosmic horror...

Clearly you didn't make it in to the House Va'ruun embassy. It hints at the weird shit that they are doing out in their end of space.
Still not sure how the game has no identity seeing as objectively your previous statement doesn't match reality.

Would you say the same thing about Rockstar and the RDR series because it had aliens and zombies? Bethesda has always had some form of supernatural, almost Lovecraftian horror aspects in various points in all of their games, it doesn't seem to change the identity of those games.

Jun 10, 2024, 11:01
Prez

Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 10, 2024, 11:01
Jun 10, 2024, 11:01
 Prez

Finally. I've been waiting forever for the creation kit to be released. Starfield will actually feel like a game by the time I play it. 🙂

Though if modders want to be paid for their work I would rather send them money on Patreon or just PayPal them. I'd rather Bethesda be nowhere in the equation.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jun 10, 2024, 09:27
Kxmode

Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 10, 2024, 09:27
Jun 10, 2024, 09:27
 Kxmode

"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

Jun 10, 2024, 06:51
Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 10, 2024, 06:51
Jun 10, 2024, 06:51

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 10, 2024, 03:17:

The narrator's voice almost sounds like Mira Furlan but I know it is not as she is, sadly, dead. Still, good on whomever the VA is who obviously did a close impression.
There's a handful of things/quests that take Bethesda's patented spin on the horror aspects in Starfield, so not sure why this is being seen as an identity crisis moment by some.

Anybody who sat through the game knows some weird shit is going on in the background(story wise) This was built into the game before release, they just cut it out to release later. Has zero to do with post release bitchin‘ and moanin‘.
Rimmer: “Step up to Red Alert.”
Kryten: “Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.”

ALSO: https://www.stopkillinggames.com/

Jun 10, 2024, 03:17
Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 10, 2024, 03:17
Jun 10, 2024, 03:17

The narrator's voice almost sounds like Mira Furlan but I know it is not as she is, sadly, dead. Still, good on whomever the VA is who obviously did a close impression.
There's a handful of things/quests that take Bethesda's patented spin on the horror aspects in Starfield, so not sure why this is being seen as an identity crisis moment by some.

Jun 9, 2024, 21:14
Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 9, 2024, 21:14
Jun 9, 2024, 21:14

"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Jun 9, 2024, 19:44
Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 9, 2024, 19:44
Jun 9, 2024, 19:44

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 9, 2024, 19:17:
RogueSix wrote on Jun 9, 2024, 17:18:
I'ma play this shit cuz it comes free with the Premium Edition I bought last year but if it weren't free then I would not touch this with a 10ft pole.

Also, just downloaded the update which is ~4.1GB. It includes the first 'Creations' and the Creation Kit is also finally going to be made available soon-ish.

So how much are they charging in the Creation store for stuff?

As far as I can tell, it ranges from free to 1000 creation points right now. You can buy creation points in packs (same setup as with Skyrim and FO4).

Owners of the Premium Edition, like myself, get 1000 creation points for free as a welcome gift in addition to the 100 base free points so I have 1100 points to spend if I wanted to.

What is a bit lame is that the new content they announced during the showcase is only partially free. There is a new bounty quest but only the initial quest is free. After that, if you want to continue the quest, you have to buy a 700 points bounty quest package.

I'm not sure I want to spend my "free" 1000 points like that. Knowing Bethesda, they are counting on people to buy that 700 points package, only to release some really nice to have content a month later for another 700 - 1000 points. At this point, I will just wait for Shattered Space and spend my points when that is released. After playing through Shattered Space, I will no longer be interested in Starfield, nor any other Bethesda game. I'm done with them.
-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

Jun 9, 2024, 19:17
Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 9, 2024, 19:17
Jun 9, 2024, 19:17

RogueSix wrote on Jun 9, 2024, 17:18:
I'ma play this shit cuz it comes free with the Premium Edition I bought last year but if it weren't free then I would not touch this with a 10ft pole.

Also, just downloaded the update which is ~4.1GB. It includes the first 'Creations' and the Creation Kit is also finally going to be made available soon-ish.

So how much are they charging in the Creation store for stuff?

Jun 9, 2024, 18:19
Jim
Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 9, 2024, 18:19
Jun 9, 2024, 18:19
Jim

Recent reviews of starfield have been pretty good. apparently they have/had continued to improve the game loop, space combat and so on. I also have the premium edition. The content pack though, which appears to be a lot of community mods and maybe other stuff... is $5 per 500 credits. Which.. ok, but its not free. I guess I don't understand what this is.

Jun 9, 2024, 17:18
Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 9, 2024, 17:18
Jun 9, 2024, 17:18

-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

Jun 9, 2024, 16:57
Kxmode

Re: Starfield Content Update Today Jun 9, 2024, 16:57
Jun 9, 2024, 16:57
 Kxmode

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older