4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: ID's big announcement
Aug 10, 2001, 13:28
anon@24.241
Re: ID's big announcement Aug 10, 2001, 13:28
Aug 10, 2001, 13:28
anon@24.241

Doesn't matter to me, I'm not a Quake or a Doom fan either way. All that I personally hope comes out of this is a new breakthrough in FPS games as far as graphics, sound, and other things go. Believe me, Unreal Tournament would look sooo much cooler with a new graphics engine...

Re: ID's big announcement
Aug 2, 2001, 21:11
Re: ID's big announcement Aug 2, 2001, 21:11
Aug 2, 2001, 21:11

Wow, you're not thinking very closely about this. Did you know Raven is presenting three times at quakecon? Have you ever heard of Heretic? Yes, Quake 4 will be subcontracted to Raven without a hint of sarcasm, and they will kick ass on it in time for christmas or early spring.

Re: The latest Dear Mynx on PlanetQuake
Aug 2, 2001, 12:13
anon@207.13
Re: The latest Dear Mynx on PlanetQuake Aug 2, 2001, 12:13
Aug 2, 2001, 12:13
anon@207.13

Wow, she started doing that 4 and a half years ago. I remember that like it was yesterday, she and mental4 would be in #quake and occaisionally #quakeed where the real freaks lurked (myself included.) wow, I'm all nostalgic. She has such a real, measured and eloquent way of writing, it is simply impossible to refrain from being swept up in whatever she was talking about. Given the topics she was prone to talk about in her column, that is quite a feat! Hopefully continued good fortune will follow her, and us, the community. We'll really miss her.

S.

ID's big announcement
Aug 2, 2001, 11:28
ID's big announcement Aug 2, 2001, 11:28
Aug 2, 2001, 11:28

I like this line from a previous story showing the EB listings:

"these are hopefully not the big QuakeCon announcements that have gotten the big tease"

What big tease? All that happened is that a PR firm said "new id games TBA" or something, and the web explodes with weeks of wild speculation. Quake 4? I'm sure they would subcontract that out. <-Sarcasm)
I think the best we can hope for at QuakeCon (I'm going! Woo!) is the (re)announcment of the EB listings, with hopefully a bit more description (Quake BFG hopefully a deathmatch game with a wide variety of super weapons?) and the announcement of the official title of Doom 3. Anything else IMHO is wishfull thinking from people who spend waaaay too much time thinking about such things. Maybe I'll be suprised? Just show me something new from Doom 3 and I'll be ecstatic.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older