Sid Meier's Civilization VII Announced

Following the news leaking early, 2K Games officially announces Sid Meier's Civilization VII, saying it will be fully revealed in a showcase in August and an official launch for PC and consoles will come next year. Here's an Official Teaser Trailer for the new installment in the beloved turn-based strategy series that's caused more than a few sick days over the years after inadvertent all-nighters caused by its addictive one-more-turn gameplay. Here's what the official website has to say about this for now:
Join us for the full reveal of Sid Meier’s Civilization® VII and its exciting new features and innovations in August 2024.

The award-winning strategy game franchise returns with a revolutionary new chapter. Sid Meier's Civilization® VII empowers you to build the greatest empire the world has ever known!

Rule as one of many legendary leaders from throughout history. Establish your civilization, construct cities and architectural wonders to expand your territory, conquer or cooperate with rival civilizations in pursuit of prosperity, and explore the far reaches of the unknown world. Will you build an empire that stands the test of time?

Sid Meier's Civilization® VII is a 4X strategy game developed by the legendary team at Firaxis Games, developers of the Civilization and XCOM franchises.

Sid Meier’s Civilization® VII is coming in 2025. Wishlist now!
View : : :

Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VII Announced
Jun 8, 2024, 17:12
Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VII Announced Jun 8, 2024, 17:12
Jun 8, 2024, 17:12

Sheik Rattle Enroll wrote on Jun 8, 2024, 13:00:
FloorPie wrote on Jun 8, 2024, 12:04:
I have yet to really find a good modern 4x game that I enjoy as much as Civ4, Sins of a Solar Empire, StarWars Empire at War or even GalCiv 2/3.

No love for Master of Orion 2 or Master of Magic?

For modern stuff - Age of Wonders 4 is pretty great.
I'll risk my non-existent credibility by saying Humankind is underrated.

I feel like GalCiv 2&3 had super terrible AI?

I don't remember GC2 too much now other than I got decent play time out of it. 3 was ok but I lost interest quickly for various reasons. Maybe if Stardock puts GV4 on GoG someday I'll get it there.

I think I played some MOO2 back in the day via a friend. I did uh, "try" 3 and it was pretty bad. I have the remake from a few years ago but not played it yet. I should get MOO2 on GoG. I have MoM apparently on GoG but I've never played it before. AoW4 looks good but the reviews have put me off along with the dlc pricing. It is a paradox published game unfortunately. I have aow3 and remember vaguely liking it.

I played a demo for Humankind last year or when it was released and wasn't super impressed. I only have it because it was in a humble bundle. The culture swap idea just didn't work for me. Old World was similar, I just couldn't get into it.

I did forget about CivNet. I remember a local game store owner being a big fan of it when I would go in. I used to play Civ1 on a 386 with only a pc speaker, it and Railroad Tycoon got me into 4x and management sims. By the time I had my own machine with a modem, Civ2 was out and the first game I bought for that system.
Date
Subject
Author
Jun 8, 08:48Jun 8 08:48
Jun 8, 17:12Jun 8 17:12
   Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VII Announced
Jun 8, 19:58Jun 8 19:58
Jun 8, 14:16Jun 8 14:16
Jun 8, 11:19Jun 8 11:19
Jun 8, 11:52Jun 8 11:52