Out of the Blue

We've been checking out the offerings at a local food truck spot for a while now. This has been a mixed bag, as despite the resurgence of food trucks as a trendy option, more of them are pretty meh than anything. But this week we finally caught up with a truck serving up some pretty damn good barbeque (you know, for the north). We've had pretty bad luck in this area, as promising new spots quickly go downhill, and the best local joint changed hands a while back and followed suit. So our rotten luck will probably catch up with this pretty quickly, but hopefully we'll get to enjoy some more of this before the inevitable happens. I guess we should apologize in advance to the truck's other customers for discovering it and causing its inevitable ruination. Oh well, maybe the Smart Indoor Smoker will turn out to be our savior.

Well-fed Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Story

Science

Media

Creature Features

View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: OotB: Fed up
May 20, 2024, 09:03
Re: OotB: Fed up May 20, 2024, 09:03
May 20, 2024, 09:03

Kanye west has got to be batshit crazy. B.A.T.S.H.I.T I mean his Chief of Staff (what the actual fuck, president Ye) is a "former homosexual". What the actual fuck? Batshit.

May 18, 2024, 23:35
Re: OotB: Fed up May 18, 2024, 23:35
May 18, 2024, 23:35

Well, at least you guys are lucky in that you have so many latinos you can always find really good latino food. It's virtually non-existent in this entire country. There's like 3 places in downtown Toronto and that's it.
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

May 18, 2024, 18:01
Kxmode

Re: OotB: Fed up May 18, 2024, 18:01
May 18, 2024, 18:01
 Kxmode

While at a drive-thru, I chanced upon an excellent hour-long episode of Hidden Brain on NPR called "Innovation 2.0: The Influence You Have."
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

May 18, 2024, 16:25
Re: OotB: Fed up May 18, 2024, 16:25
May 18, 2024, 16:25

Two points for me! Had no idea what "Yeezy" was, but I guessed it was a clothing brand from "someone famous". In fairness, after looking up what it was it felt like I might have seen the name before, but clearly I had forced it out of brain. Now if I can only manage that again.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

May 18, 2024, 16:03
Re: OotB: Fed up May 18, 2024, 16:03
May 18, 2024, 16:03

as a recovering addict and former homosexual
Milo, you are truly special and a waste of space.

For more special people you can look up the surveillance video of Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs physically assaulting Cassie Ventura. Best described by Emily Ratajkowski with her one word tweet, ‘monster.
I hope the parents of the kid driving the Porsche Cayenne are proud of their über intelligent little U-Boat commander.
“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces." Carl Sagan

May 18, 2024, 14:16
Re: OotB: Fed up May 18, 2024, 14:16
May 18, 2024, 14:16

I'm also from the northeast and it's practically impossible to find good bbq around here. But I'm really picky, because the last time I was in Nashville, I had the best bbq I've ever had. There's just no comparison to anything up here. And it was also incredibly inexpensive! I got a bunch of pork ribs, some collard greens, beans, and a wedge of cornbread and it was something like $12 (but admittedly, a year before the pandemic). I've given up on bbq around here 🤣
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older