Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free

The Epic Games Store is now handing out free copies of Dragon Age: Inquisition – Game of the Year Edition, solving the mystery it kicked off last week when it withheld plans for this week's giveaway. This bundle of the action/RPG and all its DLC will be permanently added to your impermanent Epic Games Library as long as you claim it before next Thursday's giveaway arrives. Epic is once again playing it close to the vest and not revealing next week's freebie at this time. Here's word on today's gift:
You are the Inquisitor, tasked with saving the world from itself. But the road ahead is paved with difficult decisions. Thedas is a land of strife. Factions constantly war with each other even as a larger demonic invasion has begun. And you? You and your band of champions are the only ones who can hold it together. It’s your job to lead them...or fall.

You’re not just deciding who to send into which battle in Inquisition; you’re making important decisions that shape the future of Thedas. Each choice carries weight, and your actions can lead to a variety of outcomes. Inquisition is a highly personalized journey, where one wrong move could set in motion a series of events that alters the physical aspects of the world itself, making your Thedas — and your heroes — feel truly unique.
View : : :
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Free Dragon Age: Inquisition
May 17, 2024, 07:46
Re: Free Dragon Age: Inquisition May 17, 2024, 07:46
May 17, 2024, 07:46

Yet another superfluous launcher app to sign up to? Fudge that ship.

May 17, 2024, 02:29
Re: Free Dragon Age: Inquisition May 17, 2024, 02:29
May 17, 2024, 02:29

Is this the one which looks and play like an MMO but is actually a single player game? I stopped caring about Dragon Age after the first one. I'll give em that, the first one was a pretty good game. The rest? Methinks not really....

May 16, 2024, 21:07
Re: Free Dragon Age: Inquisition May 16, 2024, 21:07
May 16, 2024, 21:07

Jim wrote on May 16, 2024, 20:51:
DA:I is a solid game, but on the other hand, DA:O is one of the best games ever made IMO. No other game made me feel the way that one did. Leliana and Morrigan just phenomenal characters.
So true, DAO is a miracle.

Pity the ridiculously small hardcoded (!!) inventory in a world bursting with loot and semi hidden items, some of them starting quests, *if* you chose to pick them up, sick and tired of dropping things to make space every few steps !

Downside, the awfully bugged Awakening, never fixed, except for fan mods, if you are lucky to install them first (example, the city law mission finding the smugglers).

DA2, DA3 Inquisition, both allow hacking the inventory size to pick up everything you find.

May 16, 2024, 20:51
Jim
Re: Free Dragon Age: Inquisition May 16, 2024, 20:51
May 16, 2024, 20:51
Jim

DA:I is a solid game, but on the other hand, DA:O is one of the best games ever made IMO. No other game made me feel the way that one did. Leliana and Morrigan just phenomenal characters.

Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free
May 16, 2024, 20:20
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 20:20
May 16, 2024, 20:20

Good call RedEye9 !
"run ... frosty as an administrator."

(Wouldn't notice that myself as doing that in Properties, or making old games or mods work is second nature for me.)

Re9, I consider you a Renaissance man, with a thirst for many kinds of knowledge.

Here is a, to most, arcane gaming bit:
You can play most never translated games (normally English of course, but for example, russian rpg Beltion) or mods (some german or eastern EU countries' Gothic mods, etc) or japanese or chinese manga, using:

Capture2Text, a free no setup light OCR.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/capture2text/files/Capture2Text/

Any language you think of, it has them.
I use it *all* the time to pick up directories or their content from W10 windows, sites, photos of texts, etc.
Content goes to the clipboard. It can also read them out loud.

But for translating games/modes/snippets of pages automatically:
In "Hotkeys" choose your box defining keys (I use alt Q, opens box up left, again to close box down right)
In "OCR1" choose the language it has to interpret (russian, german, hungarian, korean, whatever).
In "Translate" item:
Tick off pop up preview, tick both
"Append translation to clipboard"
and
"Show translation in pop up window"
In menus or ingame, no need to pause, use altQ on a game text or poster, etc, close the box with altQ, and a popup shows the translation.
You can even choose for it to remain in the clipboard an do a (very patient) translation of all the game (thanks, no).
Example: russian 2009 Beltion, Beyond Ritual available in your friendly abandonware dump.
The devs went bankrupt weeks after release, has no owner anymore.

Made for myself a key functions list and spells, then translated the included game manual with google docs (and freeware PDF SPLIT as the pdf was too big initially)
Fun RPG !

This comment was edited on May 16, 2024, 20:59.

May 16, 2024, 19:20
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 19:20
May 16, 2024, 19:20

WannaLogAlready wrote on May 16, 2024, 15:37:
I'm well into replaying it (again !) as I had it already.

Use FrostyModManager.exe to load Nexus mods, launching the game with it.

i snagged it from here https://github.com/CadeEvs/FrostyToolsuite/releases
After the initial setup (took several minutes), the game would not launch using frosty and gave an Access Denied message.
That was fixed by running frosty as an administrator.
It worked fine with both the EA and Epic launcher turned off as they launched during the process.

And thanks for the Ooops addendum w/all the mods. Now I have something to play with during the next pandemic. Devilish
“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces." Carl Sagan

May 16, 2024, 18:45
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 18:45
May 16, 2024, 18:45

DukeFNukem wrote on May 16, 2024, 17:16:
@WannaLogAlready,
Damn,
That mod sounds dope as hell. You actually inspire me to play this game via that mod. It sounds like it turns a frustrating gaming experience into a more casual pleasurable experience. And I'm all for that these days.
Thank You!
Ooops !
Sorry to disappoint but Frosty it's just the mod loader:
The mods themselves I chose from Nexus -Frosty loads them once directed to a folder where they are put- mentioned are just a few from all I used :

Inventory Base Capacity Mod 5000
Run, Sprint, Jump
Speed Jump
Realistic First Person (90 FOV)
passive-search-highlight.fbmod
Quicker Looting

-- Others not mentioned:
99 all potions
Artificer Specialization Varric Dialogue Glitch Fix
Blased_blades_fix
BUG FIX Masterworlc Halla Leather (Stealth)
BUGFIX Lore Requisition on the Plains
Bugs Be Gone
Cheaticians' Accessories
Dialogue Wheel Overhaul
EasyRuneJ
Elven Translation Fix
Emerald Graves - Dalish Artifact Fix
Enhanced Ability Rings 30% Increase Fix
Evade no cost/cooldown/sound/rumble
FireMineDotFix
FIX Inquisition Supplies Patrol Chest Loot
Free Focus Abilities
Free Halla Doors
Guard Belt Bug fixed and Rebalanced
Herald of Andraste Dialogue Fix
Hero of Ferelden Letter Fix
Immortal inquisitor and party members - v2.1
Improved Fade Step
Infinite Crafting Materials
Infinite Fade Step
Master Belt of Focus Bug fix
Mount Double Jump
No Court Approval Loss
No More Fog of War
Nursery Seed Fix - Collect Deathroot Seeds
PayBackStrike
Post-Mythal Cutout Fix
Remove Class Restriction on Barrier Amulets
Restrictions-B-Gone
Ring of Doubt stealth fix
ShadowStrikeFix
Solas Foreshadowing Fix
Solavellan Dance Proposal Voice Fix
SpiritBladeFixZ
SpiritMarkFix
Staff Attack Sound Fix
TacficalFury
TacficalWhirlwind
TMMRedcliffeSupplyDLCZero
TMMSchematicSpreeDLCDescent
TMMSchematicSpreeDLCJawsOfHakkon
TMMSchematicSpreeDLCTrespasser
WalkingBomeix
WalkingBomeixZ
What's Going On Here Tone Fix

Sorry again

This comment was edited on May 16, 2024, 18:57.

May 16, 2024, 17:31
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 17:31
May 16, 2024, 17:31

This was easily the best of the bunch. Really loved the development of the Qun. I really dig their philosophy. Would love to see a game focused around them. It would make for a great survival/city builder.
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

May 16, 2024, 17:16
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 17:16
May 16, 2024, 17:16

@WannaLogAlready,

Damn,

That mod sounds dope as hell. You actually inspire me to play this game via that mod. It sounds like it turns a frustrating gaming experience into a more casual pleasurable experience. And I'm all for that these days.

Thank You!
I'm sorry to inform the general public that vaccines DO NOT bestow upon thee eternal life. If you're around the age of 80 you need to be making your peace with God or the easter bunny. Whichever you believe in.

May 16, 2024, 17:10
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 17:10
May 16, 2024, 17:10

@RedEye9,

Is it? Are bits and bytes real or only imagined....who is to say? And on a second note, stop snagging and start playing.
I'm sorry to inform the general public that vaccines DO NOT bestow upon thee eternal life. If you're around the age of 80 you need to be making your peace with God or the easter bunny. Whichever you believe in.

May 16, 2024, 16:26
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 16:26
May 16, 2024, 16:26

I've played all of the DA, but didn't care much for the direction the last few games went. I'd give them a C-.

May 16, 2024, 16:22
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 16:22
May 16, 2024, 16:22

Halten Sie einfach am Rand des Lochs an.

May 16, 2024, 15:47
Kxmode

Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 15:47
May 16, 2024, 15:47
 Kxmode

DA, DA, DA, Was ist los mit dir, mein Schatz? Geht es immer nur bergab?
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

May 16, 2024, 15:41
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 15:41
May 16, 2024, 15:41

jacobvandy wrote on May 16, 2024, 15:20:
Xero wrote on May 16, 2024, 14:36:
I tried getting into this one in the past, but couldn't. I knew it was be similar to the original where DA2 went more arcadish, though I still couldn't get into it the same way I did with the first Dragon Age. Oh well, good memories with the original. Despite already owning this on Origin, snagged...

You now have two copies on Origin the EA App because that's how they decided their games must work with other launchers, in an annoyingly entangled state. Literally, in your EA library, you will see multiple entries for a single game. DA: Inquisition, DA: Inquisition (Epic), DA: Inquisition (Steam), etc.

Well, that's cool. You can never have enough inquisition in your life. To right what is wrong and to rethink your life.
-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

May 16, 2024, 15:37
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 15:37
May 16, 2024, 15:37

I'm well into replaying it (again !) as I had it already.

Use FrostyModManager.exe to load Nexus mods, launching the game with it.
- First person/Third person key.
- Constant search always on, double distance, *works through walls and rocks like x-ray*, highlighted items for triple time.
- 5000 inventory slot.
- Higher velocity with sprint a flash-like F1 speed for those long stretches.
- Easy 1 touch looting.
- All manner of bugs fixing and QOLs
- Inquisition Perks: 99 with "DAI v45+Banter.CT" (google it, Fearlessrevolution.com, etc), use in the War Room

Remember:
- F1 to F4 Be Any Of The 4 Characters (Varric opens locks, being a rogue)
- Fast travel to any established camp in the map (tent icons) you are in.
- Search: if you are near anything a chime will sound each time you press the search key, if you get too far it will stop.
If you are near a quest item, a directional glow will appear, each time you press the key.
- Destroying rifts: kill the 2 waves of demons, then press use key looking up at the rift mass (a prompt will appear).

May 16, 2024, 15:20
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 15:20
May 16, 2024, 15:20

Xero wrote on May 16, 2024, 14:36:
I tried getting into this one in the past, but couldn't. I knew it was be similar to the original where DA2 went more arcadish, though I still couldn't get into it the same way I did with the first Dragon Age. Oh well, good memories with the original. Despite already owning this on Origin, snagged...

You now have two copies on Origin the EA App because that's how they decided their games must work with other launchers, in an annoyingly entangled state. Literally, in your EA library, you will see multiple entries for a single game. DA: Inquisition, DA: Inquisition (Epic), DA: Inquisition (Steam), etc.

May 16, 2024, 15:13
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 15:13
May 16, 2024, 15:13

Children spend their parents' money buying Fortnite skins >> Epic offers publishers some amount of promo money to feature their game as a give away, payment determined by # of claims >> We snag the game >> Game goes unplayed forever
rinse and repeat

May 16, 2024, 14:36
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 14:36
May 16, 2024, 14:36

May 16, 2024, 13:56
Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 13:56
May 16, 2024, 13:56

Bagged, tagged and SNAGGED!
Kittens!

May 16, 2024, 13:29
Kxmode

Re: Get Dragon Age: Inquisition for Free May 16, 2024, 13:29
May 16, 2024, 13:29
 Kxmode

Bill Borre wrote on May 16, 2024, 13:25:
I wonder if the next one is another EA game.
Well you can't spell ANOTHER without EA.
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older