Re: Engagement Ring
May 15, 2024, 20:06
Re: Engagement Ring May 15, 2024, 20:06
May 15, 2024, 20:06

Dash wrote on May 15, 2024, 05:38:
Razumen wrote on May 15, 2024, 01:12:
Dash wrote on May 14, 2024, 22:12:
RogueSix wrote on May 14, 2024, 15:28:
Great. So now we will get Helldivers clone after Helldivers clone. Shoot bugs in the face, shoot termites in the face, shoot caterpillars in the face, shoot locusts in the face, shoot fleas in the face, shoot fucking COCKROACHES in the face... ad nauseam.

Thanks for nothing, Sony and Arrowhead. Good job ruining gaming for every person with a modicum of taste. Glad I have a backlog from here to Mars so I can sit this out while they churn out one multiplayer bug hunt after another... /lesigh

No. We got plenty of 'bug hunt' games. The EDF games come to mind... We'll probably get a slew of 4 player fast-play drop-in games that have much tighter gameplay loops to keep the action going.
Personally, after seeing someone mod in a Helldiver into Arkham Knight, it got me thinking... Helldivers in full-blown, destructible city maps over-run by {x}, that you have to crash through buildings and such to get to.
The thing is, EDF isn't even the same type of game, the similarities are superficial. EDF is a literal horde shooter, you HAVE to kill all the enemies to proceed, whereas in Helldivers, enemies are only an obstacle to your real objectives. They can be shot of course, but you can also sneak around them and complete many objectives without them even knowing you were there. It's NOT a horde shooter, and people run into a lot of problems when they try to play it like one and shoot every single enemy they see.

The basic gameplay loop of HD would work with any enemy type, across many different franchises, which is proven moreso by the fact that the two enemy factions in the game couldn't be more different from one another.

This also just shows how much of a troll drollsix is if he thinks that it "ruined" games lol

Only mentioned it as similar, as R6 just kept mention bugs, over and over. That, and both are multiplayer shooters. I know they're not the same type. Been slowly trying to meander my way through 4 but its a slog solo and you gotta be in the right mood to deal with it. If we get more games, that bring about this level of genuine interest that HD2 has, that can't be bad. All the stuff 'outside' seems pointless when your enforcing Democracy in a way that'd make Michael Bay hard as a rock from the volume of boom-booms we get.
True that, HD2 is one of the games where you don't need cinematics to advertise it, just use gameplay.

May 15, 2024, 05:38
Re: Engagement Ring May 15, 2024, 05:38
May 15, 2024, 05:38

Razumen wrote on May 15, 2024, 01:12:
Great. So now we will get Helldivers clone after Helldivers clone. Shoot bugs in the face, shoot termites in the face, shoot caterpillars in the face, shoot locusts in the face, shoot fleas in the face, shoot fucking COCKROACHES in the face... ad nauseam.

Thanks for nothing, Sony and Arrowhead. Good job ruining gaming for every person with a modicum of taste. Glad I have a backlog from here to Mars so I can sit this out while they churn out one multiplayer bug hunt after another... /lesigh

No. We got plenty of 'bug hunt' games. The EDF games come to mind... We'll probably get a slew of 4 player fast-play drop-in games that have much tighter gameplay loops to keep the action going.
Personally, after seeing someone mod in a Helldiver into Arkham Knight, it got me thinking... Helldivers in full-blown, destructible city maps over-run by {x}, that you have to crash through buildings and such to get to.
The thing is, EDF isn't even the same type of game, the similarities are superficial. EDF is a literal horde shooter, you HAVE to kill all the enemies to proceed, whereas in Helldivers, enemies are only an obstacle to your real objectives. They can be shot of course, but you can also sneak around them and complete many objectives without them even knowing you were there. It's NOT a horde shooter, and people run into a lot of problems when they try to play it like one and shoot every single enemy they see.

The basic gameplay loop of HD would work with any enemy type, across many different franchises, which is proven moreso by the fact that the two enemy factions in the game couldn't be more different from one another.

This also just shows how much of a troll drollsix is if he thinks that it "ruined" games lol

Only mentioned it as similar, as R6 just kept mention bugs, over and over. That, and both are multiplayer shooters. I know they're not the same type. Been slowly trying to meander my way through 4 but its a slog solo and you gotta be in the right mood to deal with it. If we get more games, that bring about this level of genuine interest that HD2 has, that can't be bad. All the stuff 'outside' seems pointless when your enforcing Democracy in a way that'd make Michael Bay hard as a rock from the volume of boom-booms we get.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2024, 05:53.
Apr 14, 2022, 12:31
Sempai
"i hope this ones good. I'm ready for the farts and dildos! "

May 15, 2024, 01:12
Re: Engagement Ring May 15, 2024, 01:12
May 15, 2024, 01:12

May 14, 2024, 22:12
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 22:12
May 14, 2024, 22:12

Apr 14, 2022, 12:31
Sempai
"i hope this ones good. I'm ready for the farts and dildos! "

May 14, 2024, 20:44
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 20:44
May 14, 2024, 20:44

We get it, you have shite taste in games. Move along boy.

May 14, 2024, 19:22
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 19:22
May 14, 2024, 19:22

From the article:

However, given acquisitions are happening more and more this generation, it wouldn't be surprising if PlayStation attempted to bring Arrowhead Game Studios under the first-party umbrella.
Really? Come on why? I hope they aren't that stupid but maybe Arrowhead people want to retire rich...

May 14, 2024, 17:00
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 17:00
May 14, 2024, 17:00

sauron wrote on May 14, 2024, 16:17:

So long as none of them are about battling ferocious kittens - too scary for me! Those things are terrifying...

Whoa, you must be shittin' yer pants big time then as ROARING KITTY has just returned after a three year hiatus.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnn
-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

May 14, 2024, 16:17
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 16:17
May 14, 2024, 16:17

So long as none of them are about battling ferocious kittens - too scary for me! Those things are terrifying...
Kittens!

May 14, 2024, 15:28
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 15:28
May 14, 2024, 15:28

-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

May 14, 2024, 14:00
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 14:00
May 14, 2024, 14:00

Simon Says wrote on May 14, 2024, 13:24:
Pr()ZaC wrote on May 14, 2024, 12:44:
Sony should thank the PC platform for for that.

Looking at the sources, it's just on PS5 those sales.

You have another ~13+ millions on PC.
I meant the PC was the launch platform, where the game grew and drew players in.

May 14, 2024, 13:24
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 13:24
May 14, 2024, 13:24

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 14, 2024, 12:44:

Looking at the sources, it's just on PS5 those sales.

You have another ~13+ millions on PC.

May 14, 2024, 12:44
Re: Engagement Ring May 14, 2024, 12:44
May 14, 2024, 12:44

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older